Author Topic: Any Dungeons and Dragons players on here?  (Read 10460 times)

Any Dungeons and Dragons players on here?
« on: December 14, 2020, 02:51:20 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Just wondering if there were any dice warriors on the board.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

Re: Any Dungeons and Dragons players on here?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 03:17:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've played for a couple of years, although the pandemic has pretty much derailed my group.  We played a couple sessions over zoom but people weren't as enthusiastic about it.

I miss playing, for sure.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 03:20:51 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
My friends and I used to play 3.5 and fell off but we got back into it when 5e came out.

I DM a bit but I prefer to play.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 08:29:45 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
Awesome.

It is harder over Zoom for sure. We have been still playing, but we have to really take care not to talk over each other. I hate that happening, cause at the table, its a lively event. Cannot do that online.

I am currently DMing for a group of preteens that are all new to the game. PLaying the beginner game called Lost Mines of Phadalin. I have been riffing ALOT witht he campaign though. When we get to play this Sunday I am planning on them being teleported to the north pole to fight Krampus on behalf of Santa, who has gone missing and sent out a magic portal looking for someone to enter to help.

Should be fun.

I am always amazed by how attached to your characters you can get.

I have BenTHor - Dragonborn Barbarian
Ozzy Sixtoes - Tabaxi Rogue
Silk Rhodar and Luna - Forest Gnome ranger with his mountable animal companian dire wolf luna (This character is so much fun to play I could right a book about them)
And I made an Assimar Tempest Cleric that I play like Thor.

Greatest game ever invented, imo.
'21 Historical Draft

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 08:38:47 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I've played RPGs since the late 80s and my buddies and I have started a Zoom Shadowrun game during the pandemic (I'm the GM). 

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 08:45:59 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I've been known to dabble with the dice. I'm playing a three-year old Aarokocra fighter with the bow right now.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 09:48:16 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
My characters are on the edgier side.

I play...
Rake - Kenku Blood Hunter
Virage - Yuan Ti Soul Knife Rogue
Attar - Half Elf Way of the Long Death Monk
Ramz' - Tielfling Conquest Paladin/Hexblade Warlock
Bogman - Firbolg Twilight Cleric/Echo Knight Fighter

Enjoy Darth, D and D is a great time. I definitely prefer it to video games because it feels more active than sitting on a computer or a couch.

Be careful of try to not let it eat up too much of your life though, I've gone through periods where it's taken up too much of my time and mental bandwidth. Can easily interfere with school, work, social life if you let it.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 10:11:38 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
I've been known to dabble with the dice. I'm playing a three-year old Aarokocra fighter with the bow right now.

Wow, that would be a fun character in an open field combat
'21 Historical Draft

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 10:31:07 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
My characters are on the edgier side.

I play...
Rake - Kenku Blood Hunter
Virage - Yuan Ti Soul Knife Rogue
Attar - Half Elf Way of the Long Death Monk
Ramz' - Tielfling Conquest Paladin/Hexblade Warlock
Bogman - Firbolg Twilight Cleric/Echo Knight Fighter

Enjoy Darth, D and D is a great time. I definitely prefer it to video games because it feels more active than sitting on a computer or a couch.

Be careful of try to not let it eat up too much of your life though, I've gone through periods where it's taken up too much of my time and mental bandwidth. Can easily interfere with school, work, social life if you let it.

That Ramz' one must be alot of fun to play.

The next character I play will probably be a hex warlock who turns to good (Paladin) (Jedi Revan type of Character)

Plan is Hexblade Warlock to level 5, then my Character realizes he is serving a evil spirit and then becomes a fighter for 2 levels, then finally moves into a paladin.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:06:15 AM by Darth_Yoda »
'21 Historical Draft

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 11:20:55 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Awesome.

It is harder over Zoom for sure. We have been still playing, but we have to really take care not to talk over each other. I hate that happening, cause at the table, its a lively event. Cannot do that online.

I am currently DMing for a group of preteens that are all new to the game. PLaying the beginner game called Lost Mines of Phadalin. I have been riffing ALOT witht he campaign though. When we get to play this Sunday I am planning on them being teleported to the north pole to fight Krampus on behalf of Santa, who has gone missing and sent out a magic portal looking for someone to enter to help.

Should be fun.

Silk Rhodar and Luna - Forest Gnome ranger with his mountable animal companian dire wolf luna (This character is so much fun to play I could right a book about them)

We just finished that module!  I usually dislike modules because I am spoiled by DMs who spend like 100 hours creating a world from whole cloth and feel confined in a preset, but that was a pretty good one.

We're about to start a new one with a world our new DM created and I'm pumped.  I am playing a gnome wizard with really bad stats who is lawful good but has basically all deception abilities.  My friend wrote a Python program to create random characters and their stats.  Should be underpowered in battle, decent out of battle and a monster at rp.

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 03:08:41 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
Awesome.

Should be fun.

We just finished that module!  I usually dislike modules because I am spoiled by DMs who spend like 100 hours creating a world from whole cloth and feel confined in a preset, but that was a pretty good one.

We're about to start a new one with a world our new DM created and I'm pumped.  I am playing a gnome wizard with really bad stats who is lawful good but has basically all deception abilities.  My friend wrote a Python program to create random characters and their stats.  Should be underpowered in battle, decent out of battle and a monster at rp.

That is really cool. You are super lucky to have a DM who can create worlds. I think I want to get there but I will need to run 1 more prepackaged campaign first.

Probably go do the Curse of Strahd next. Had started that campaign as a player but the group fell apart.
'21 Historical Draft