Author Topic: Anyone watching Star Wars?  (Read 1668 times)

Anyone watching Star Wars?
« on: October 31, 2016, 08:41:27 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Watching the original trilogy and the new ones bits and pieces.  A few  things come to mind.  CGI sucks.  Real set pieces took more effort and were definately worth it.  Weird how Anakin turned into James Earl Jones.  The original trilogy is still so much better cheese factor and all.

I remember the original and how it was such a big deal that yoda never fought and what that would be like.  And how big those ships seemed.  With cgi all that was taken away.

Re: Anyone watching Star Wars?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:46:25 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
The remakes had their decent parts. Mainly some of the older actors. Namely only Liam Neeson and Samuel Jackson. But yea everything of the prequels other than episode 3 is hot garbage. And even then episode 3 is so much worse than the originals.

Ps- Im 23 so I was like 6-7 when episode 1 came out. I loved it at the time, but with age I realized how awful it was.
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 08:56:06 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I thought Ewan Mcgregor nailed a  young Obi wan in the new ones.  Most of it is overly dramatic cartooney nonsense though.  It even tries to be political and it misses the mark.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:01:35 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm 43 and was 5 or 6 when the original star wars came out so good comparison though.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 09:05:53 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The biggest shame of the prequels: It was such a good idea, but it had horrible execution. It could have been a three-part new age sci-fi version of Citizen Kane with the right people, but since George Lucas hired a crew full of Yes-man employees, it took a dump on the original trilogy.

That's not to say everything about them is bad (Ewan McGregor was great as Obi-wan), but so much could have been better with the prequels.