Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1001190 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING THRU TOMORROW 8:00PM EST
« Reply #4275 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Warriors out of the playoffs? With rondo and la?

I will admit the Suns and Warriors were tough outs. The Suns were easier to eliminate because they didn't show up for their presser, but here's reasoning for the Warriors:

You have three guys returning from ACL injuries. Now, I'm pretty lenient with injuries so I'm viewing Lou and Rush as fully healthy for the whole season next year. However, with recent speculation and reports of an uncertain timetable, I can't help but think that there's a very real chance Rondo will be missing parts of the regular season - and unfortunately, he's one of the most important members to your team. Without Rondo, I have no idea who is going to initiate this offense (Lou Williams?) considering your backup PG is not a playmaking PG.

Beyond health, I have concerns for a Rondo/Derozan backcourt, because it creates little floor spacing for the rest of the team. You could bring up Rondo/Bradley as a poor shooting backcourt which is successful, but Bradley has shown glimpses of being at least average from the corner three, makes smarter cuts, and is a far bigger plus on the defensive end than Derozan.

To be clear, your team isn't bad. Not even close. If I broke it down to tiers, you'd be a definite step above from the Blazers and Clippers.  However, there's going to be victims in a very balanced league, and unfortunately I couldn't find faults as big as yours in the other teams I ranked above yours. I am seeing your team in a lot of other rankings so fingers crossed that you'll make it into the playoffs because you're team is definitely deserving (although that means another deserving team would miss out).

« Reply #4276 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
West tentative rankings:

Timberwolves
Spurs
Lakers
Thunder
Grizzlies
Rockets
Blazers
Mavs (tied)
Clips (tied)
Warriors (tied 2)
Nugs (tied 2)
Suns

I could see every team aside from the Suns making the playoffs. Tell me why Im wrong.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4277 on: September 06, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I've made my final changes, Nick where do I send?
PM me with your rankings. Guidelines here:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=67476.0

« Reply #4278 on: September 06, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
West tentative rankings:

Timberwolves
Spurs
Lakers
Thunder
Grizzlies
Rockets
Blazers
Mavs (tied)
Clips (tied)
Warriors (tied 2)
Nugs (tied 2)
Suns

I could see every team aside from the Suns making the playoffs. Tell me why Im wrong.

Truthfully, you pulled these out of a hat, didn't you? ;D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:26:32 PM by nickagneta »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4279 on: September 06, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Don't know if you think a Chris Paul-led team is really the worst in the West or MEM tardiness w/ a presser cost us.

It's HERE now if it's not too late

the first

wow... care to elaborate... It's no skin off my back, but I'm curious your line of thinking.

TP for your thoughts. :)

u lack depth and star power.  outside of cp3, you have mediocre/servicable players at best imo.  ur team isnt bad imo, just the the west has a lot of good teams.  someone has to be first and someone has to be last in this thing

Thanks DL -- even though we differ on MEM's chances we do agree that the teams throughout the CB Draft are much closer together in talent this year.

Thanks for voting! Go Grizzzzzzzzzzzzz
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #4280 on: September 06, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Well, if it makes you feel better, I have you in the playoffs.

« Reply #4281 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I will admit the Suns and Warriors were tough outs. The Suns were easier to eliminate because they didn't show up for their presser, but here's reasoning for the Warriors:

You have three guys returning from ACL injuries. Now, I'm pretty lenient with injuries so I'm viewing Lou and Rush as fully healthy for the whole season next year. However, with recent speculation and reports of an uncertain timetable, I can't help but think that there's a very real chance Rondo will be missing parts of the regular season - and unfortunately, he's one of the most important members to your team. Without Rondo, I have no idea who is going to initiate this offense (Lou Williams?) considering your backup PG is not a playmaking PG.

Beyond health, I have concerns for a Rondo/Derozan backcourt, because it creates little floor spacing for the rest of the team. You could bring up Rondo/Bradley as a poor shooting backcourt which is successful, but Bradley has shown glimpses of being at least average from the corner three, makes smarter cuts, and is a far bigger plus on the defensive end than Derozan.

To be clear, your team isn't bad. Not even close. If I broke it down to tiers, you'd be a definite step above from the Blazers and Clippers.  However, there's going to be victims in a very balanced league, and unfortunately I couldn't find faults as big as yours in the other teams I ranked above yours. I am seeing your team in a lot of other rankings so fingers crossed that you'll make it into the playoffs because you're team is definitely deserving (although that means another deserving team would miss out).

Reggie Jackson was arguably the second best player on the thunder last year. Jason Kidd and Vince carter were pretty good for nj back in the day when Vince shot on average 35% from three. Derozan can score in other ways and its not like he's ever played with guys who get him open looks. He's a third or fourth option.

Plus my inside game is terrific. My defense and rebounding top notch and that always wins games. Look at the bulls without rose.

George hill and lance Stephenson?????

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4282 on: September 06, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Reggie Jackson was arguably the second best player on the thunder last year.

Can you make this argument?  Genuinely, I'd be interested in hearing it, because I see Jackson as a decent player, but certainly not on the level of Westbrook, Ibaka, or Martin.

Did you mean second best bench player?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4283 on: September 06, 2013, 08:39:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Can you make this argument?  Genuinely, I'd be interested in hearing it, because I see Jackson as a decent player, but certainly not on the level of Westbrook, Ibaka, or Martin.

Yeah, I would like to hear that one myself. Jackson had a decent little year but, 2nd best player on the Thunder? I think I want to hear some clarification one that

« Reply #4284 on: September 06, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Yeah, I would like to hear that one myself. Jackson had a decent little year but, 2nd best player on the Thunder? I think I want to hear some clarification one that

I think second best bench player seems about right definitely not second best player overall.

« Reply #4285 on: September 06, 2013, 09:25:46 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Oh No not better then Russ. I meant went Russ went down Jackson stepped up against Houston and Memphis in those playoff series and performed very well. In those series I believe he consistently produced more then Martin and Ibaka.

Again I want to clarify I meant in the playoffs post Westbrook injury.

Reggie averaged 17 ppg after Russ went down and he got more opportunity to play. They were high stake games too.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4286 on: September 06, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Although this is the time to be competitive, I would just like to say this was probably the best CB draft I've been apart of. In previous years, GMs would do anything to get the upper hand, but this year I saw a lot of teams help each other out, which makes for more evenly matched teams. It's a shame that there's only 16 playoff spots, cause there are so many good teams this year.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4287 on: September 06, 2013, 10:53:34 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Although this is the time to be competitive, I would just like to say this was probably the best CB draft I've been apart of. In previous years, GMs would do anything to get the upper hand, but this year I saw a lot of teams help each other out, which makes for more evenly matched teams. It's a shame that there's only 16 playoff spots, cause there are so many good teams this year.

Quoted for truth.

« Reply #4288 on: September 07, 2013, 12:34:50 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Quoted for truth.

Seconded, I did not see a lot of lopsided deals this year.

And the West this year, I mean talk about competition. Ive been participating for three years,and this is by far the tigthtest playoff race a conference can have.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #4289 on: September 07, 2013, 12:38:29 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Quoted for truth.

Seconded, I did not see a lot of lopsided deals this year.

And the West this year, I mean talk about competition. Ive been participating for three years,and this is by far the tigthtest playoff race a conference can have.

I've had an absolute blast so far. Well done all around.