Author Topic: RIP Richard Lewis  (Read 10355 times)

RIP Richard Lewis
« on: February 28, 2024, 10:53:51 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Really sad news..

Lewis, who revealed he had been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2023, died at his home in Los Angeles on Tuesday night after suffering a heart attack, according to his publicist Jeff Abraham.

A regular performer in clubs and on late-night TV for decades, Lewis also played Marty Gold, the romantic co-lead opposite Jamie Lee Curtis, in the ABC series “Anything But Love” and the reliably neurotic Prince John in “Mel Brooks’ Robin Hood: Men In Tights.” He re-introduced himself to a new generation opposite Larry David in HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm,”.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: RIP Richard Lewis
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 11:50:05 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Sad....all the classic Comics have been dying...Norm, Gilbert, Shandling, etc.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 01:36:08 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Great neurotic comedian.  Great in Curb and terrific stand up. One of the best. 
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:16:49 AM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 06:10:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Larry David on his passing

"Richard and I were born three days apart in the same hospital and for most of my life he's been like a brother to me. He had that rare combination of being the funniest person and also the sweetest. But today he made me sob and for that I'll never forgive him."
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 07:03:17 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Shocked and saddened. We shared a first name, a religious heritage and a birthplace (Brooklyn). Heck he could have been my cousin with that NY accent. Rest in peace.

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 08:30:14 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Larry David on his passing

"Richard and I were born three days apart in the same hospital and for most of my life he's been like a brother to me. He had that rare combination of being the funniest person and also the sweetest. But today he made me sob and for that I'll never forgive him."

I remember reading that the two had known each other since they were children. They really were like brothers.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:58:49 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 09:10:29 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
He was so good on Curb.  Great chemistry with Larry David (a forty year friendship will do that).

Can't say I'm surprised.  Caught the most recent episodes of CYE and he didn't look good. 

Very sad.  RIP