Author Topic: Fultz vs Ball  (Read 6890 times)

Fultz vs Ball
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:32:23 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think I like Fultz if he's Harden. It looks like people are comparing Ball to JKidd.

http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/watch-markelle-fultz-lonzo-ball-go-head-head/#s1qxec3Z96wjYa42.97

Re: Fultz vs Ball
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:40:28 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I think the only thing they forgot to mention is how more often Fultz gets to the free throw line than Ball.

Both are looking like basketball prodigies tho, with Fultz being it in the more traditional sense. We shouldn't be too unhappy getting either of them or Josh Jackson/Jonathan Isaac.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:09:17 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I agree Fultz is more of a traditional talent. With maturity and time his ceiling is somewhere between Westbrook, and Harden, and that is not to shabby. He doesn't seems to be a natural leader.

Besides being an offensive and defensive weapon, Ball looks to be a special player that can make the players around him better. He already plays with NBA pace, which is unusual. He has floor general write all over him.   

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 12:41:02 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
I believe with the solid backcourts around the NBA, I would still trade the pick and resign AB. We need ABs defense and he can still score. I like the IT and AB backcourt.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 01:16:22 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
IF we had the #1 pick why would we not use it.. It doesn't stop us from re-signing AB..  It's to Valuable for a Butler.. And Cousins (thank god) is not moving.. Why not Take a player who could grow into the face of our franchise.

Whats the point in having CBS if we dont trust him with the Toys...

Futlz / Ball & Brown could be very fun and very dangerous...  You must not trade that pick..

We still have enough pieces to build around IT for these next 3 years and not destroy our future.. 

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 01:46:00 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
At some point we have to get some bigs and I see no bigs in this draft. We're getting destroyed on the boards already.

Resign AB
Trade the pick for Cousins and let's get on with it.

We still have the 2018 pick.

I'm sick of drafting, trading for and developing guards...enough already.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 02:25:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I like Fultz skills .  On a bad team ,....he ll be more Harden , mostly scorer but, ,  on a good team , Spurs , Celtics ,  he'll learn the whole game and how to play team ball .  I see maybe Tony Parker .

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 03:12:40 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
At some point we have to get some bigs and I see no bigs in this draft. We're getting destroyed on the boards already.

We have two bigs coming from last year's draft, one of them who projects to be a rebounding monster.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 03:28:23 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney

We have two bigs coming from last year's draft, one of them who projects to be a rebounding monster.

Ok I like Yaba and Zicic but I'm always leery of Euro bigs but they are much better these days. Yaba showed a lot in summer league. If he's Draymond Green and Zicic can be KP we are in business.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 03:29:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Resign AB

so, last year the draft of zizic and yabusele doesnt count?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 03:40:12 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

Resign AB

I think its fair to discount 2 mid-late first round draft-n-stash bigs in a notoriously weak draft who we primarily took to save cap space to pursue multiple max guys.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 03:50:20 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
One additional factor to consider: Ball has a slight frame. He's plenty strong enough to play point, but I doubt he'll fill out much as he gets older. Fultz is a little younger, but he has a much thicker frame and build. You can see he's going to be a very strong guy as he gets older. 

Both of these guys are big point guards, and given the other guards we have, it work out much better if they could cover shooting guards on defense. Fultz seems much better suited to covering bigger, stronger players.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Resign AB

I think its fair to discount 2 mid-late first round draft-n-stash bigs in a notoriously weak draft who we primarily took to save cap space to pursue multiple max guys.

You'll have to find the articles from last year calling it a "notoriously weak draft."  Most articles I read called it one of the deepest in memory.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 04:19:39 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Resign AB

Bigs are in next years draft.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 08:51:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Between Fultz vs Ball

Who is the better 3 pt shooter?
Better slasher?
Better passer?
Better defender?
Intangibles?