Author Topic: Celtics numbers that should be un-retired  (Read 7191 times)

Re: Celtics numbers that should be un-retired
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't understand the being easy on the refs. They could simply change their SOP to using two hand signals with two flashes of numbers. 6 fingers first flash then 8 fingers second flash, 68. Zero first then 7 second, 07. It would take a whole one second more. No big deal. I can't believe that simplifying things for the refs is an excuse when it would literally mean one extra second of finger flashes to convey fouls to the scorekeeper.

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Who cares about the refs?

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2018, 03:14:32 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I don't understand the being easy on the refs. They could simply change their SOP to using two hand signals with two flashes of numbers. 6 fingers first flash then 8 fingers second flash, 68. Zero first then 7 second, 07. It would take a whole one second more. No big deal. I can't believe that simplifying things for the refs is an excuse when it would literally mean one extra second of finger flashes to convey fouls to the scorekeeper.

Maybe do some sort of synchronized routine utilizing two refs for numbers greater than 55
Yup

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2018, 11:44:19 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
It's not about making it easier on the refs, it's about accuracy and efficiency. The refs are able to handle numbers using the higher digits. There are players that use those numbers. But it makes it more likely that a mistake can occur, and the league, understandably wants to avoid mistakes.