Author Topic: Best Fits in the top 6  (Read 1068 times)

Best Fits in the top 6
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:22:03 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Here is my take on the players who would best fit the teams in the top 6. This doesn't take into account draft position or BPA but rather the fit that would be best for the player and for the team without using a player twice.

My top 6 players

Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Exum, Smart

Teams

Jazz,    Wiggins.

He would give them the athlete they need on the wing to pair with Heyward. He would be their #1 wing defender. His range also allows spacing for Favors and Kanter.

Bucks,   Randle.

He would give them scoring, rebounding, and toughness. Ginnis, Henson, and Sanders have the length to cover some of his defensive short comings. 

Celtics,   Embiid

The celtics have one glaring weakness and thats at center. Embiid wont be ready from day one to play at a high level but should be able to give the Cs some production in side as a rookie.             

76ers, Parker

Parker would become their offensive focal point as a rookie. He and Thad Young would both play hybrid 3/4s with Noel at center. These 3 coupled with MKW being 6'6 will create alot of mismatches for teams matching up with them. Add Gary Harris with their 2nd lottery pick and that is a nice looking young core.

Magic, Exum

Exum would join Oladipo to form a very talented, long, and athletic back court. Small PGs will be easily exploited by the magic. Exum would hopefully develop into the magic primary ball handler and scorer in the westbrook/rose mold.

Lakers, Smart

Smart would be able to step right in and play big minutes as a rookie. His size and strength will allow him to play PG next to kobe or SG with nash at point and kobe at SF. He is probably the most ready to produce out of the top 6 and should have no problem getting to the rim and defending as a rookie. I also think his demeanor will jell with Kobe better then most rookies.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet