Author Topic: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions  (Read 450100 times)

Re: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2007, 12:13:01 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
If u cant handle the stupidity of us posters, maybe u should resign ur position if its too stressful for you.  Sounds like your about to crack.  I mean man it must be really tough reading celtics posts all day.  zzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzz.......zzzzz

don't be a fool

roy and co have done a great service giving us c's fans a place to vent.

all they ask is a little help in return. so before you go running to be the first to post some tidbit you saw on real gm check to see someone has beaten you to it.

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
You need to take it easy FDR. It sounds to me like you are the one about ready to crack. If you have a bee in your bonnet about Roy, then you should have handled that via personal message.

I suggest you do so. I can't imagine what sort of leverage you thought you were going to gain by assaulting one of the hardest working and most beloved members of this community in public.

Tell me whose thinking is not right?
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Haha, with all the crappy, uneducated posts around here, Roy's are about the only ones that consistently make sense...if you ban someone, can't they just create another user name? seems to bad, reminds me of another celtics blog website I used to go to a couple of years back (before here). Get rid of this clown.

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2007, 12:17:56 PM »

Offline delontrey

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
yea give him the boot.. dissin hobby like that.. who does this guy think he is?

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Roy should be the new GM/Coach/President of the C's
Then we'd start to win some games!
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2007, 12:21:50 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • El Webmaster Romántico
Haha, with all the crappy, uneducated posts around here, Roy's are about the only ones that consistently make sense...if you ban someone, can't they just create another user name? seems to bad, reminds me of another celtics blog website I used to go to a couple of years back (before here). Get rid of this clown.
No, there are bans and then there are bans. The ones I tend to employ don't even allow for frontpage access and come complete with personal background information and residential satellite photographs.

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2007, 12:23:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Roy should be the new GM/Coach/President of the C's
Then we'd start to win some games!

I can honestly say that these past 4-5 years would have probably been a lot different, in a good way, if Roy was the GM of the 'tics...okay okay, enough butt kissing...

No, there are bans and then there are bans. The ones I tend to employ don't even allow for frontpage access and come complete with personal background information and residential satellite photographs.

That is good to know- you guys run a real tight ship around here...

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2007, 12:29:29 PM »

Offline stanthompsonismyhero

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • The Boston Three Party!
Roy, I've only been a member for about a month, but I think you and the other admins do a great job.  TP for the measured way in which you dealt with an unjust public insult. 
Curt Schilling: "It's a stupid idiotic comment to make."

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2007, 12:33:30 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Agree Roy.  You do a great job. 

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2007, 12:36:13 PM »

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21

Is that a joke? Residential satellite photographs? I'm starting to feel a little exposed. Are you watching me right now Bob Day?

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2007, 12:45:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

no freakin way.

It's called the Freedom of Information Act, Kate. The hippies finally got something right! Ha-ha! Just kidding. But not really.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2007, 01:03:20 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
roy once disagreed with me about Cousy being held back by celts brass from saying more  :-[....but honestly ?
Not only is roy hobbs THE NATURAL but he consistantly puts up good reads and keeps things at a nice even keel around here
I'm putting his name in for coach if we can ever get rid of doc

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • El Webmaster Romántico

Is that a joke? Residential satellite photographs? I'm starting to feel a little exposed. Are you watching me right now Bob Day?
Not at all, Pat. I never use such tactics except to protect CelticsBlog or members of this community and only then in special situations that might potentially pose harm to someone or ones. These are things you never want to have to do and I abide by a very strict set of codes and rules with regard to such matters. Rights to privacy are extremely important and we respect those greatly around here.

Since I've been involved with CelticsBlog there has only been two instances were I had to uncover personal information on people in order to get to the bottom of some issues. As those resolved, neither one of those situations turned out to be particularly threatening and were thus dropped from further pursuit and forgotten about.

This situation doesn't look dangerous either but then again, FDR is having one of his "moments" so I have to pay attention to that. I'm usually sort of a last resort around here with things like this. I don't normally get involved with admin and moderator issues.

When someone attacks a staff member like what we saw here though, it is our policy to take that staff out of the loop of the problem and try to resolve the issue between the rest of us. Today though, I simply happened to be the only other staff person around when this went down. Others will be around soon and I don't think they are going to be at all happy with what they see. So I imagine this little incident will be concluded pretty soon.

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
I would hate to see you do something to get yourself permanently banned.

Really? I wouldn't.

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Thanks for all of the positive comments, guys.  And rest assured, if Danny ever offers me the job of Coach / GM / President, I'll keep you guys apprised of what's going on so that the blog has plenty to argue about.  Of course, in that instance, threads calling for my head would probably be a daily occurrence.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions