Author Topic: Current thoughts on Kyrie?  (Read 5898 times)

Re: Current thoughts on Kyrie?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 01:05:18 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
His play is going the way I thought it would, and the way I repeatedly wrote about.
Playoff Kyrie.
He is an unstoppable beast that scares every defender in the league.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 01:05:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
My thoughts on him are the same now as they were when the Celts acquired him back in the summer of 2017.

Top 3 point guard in the league, clutch player, superstar, takes games over like he should and the team will only go as far as Kyrie takes us.

I am a HUGE fan of his and his game.

My only disappointment is I think he probably leaves us this summer which is going to really hurt me both personally and as a fan. He's the main reason I purchased a premium partial season ticket plan.  Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 01:15:13 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
I'd pay him if he will have us. I'm terrified he is going to walk. That's when the future becomes up in the air.
#JKJB

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 01:34:20 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I hesitate to ask this, but three games in to the playoffs, has anybody changed their thoughts on Kyrie at all?  Does anybody still think we’d be a better overall team if he walked?

Ask me after the team makes it past ECF

Would that be before or after he’s supposed to set an all-time NBA record by averaging 15 assists per game, in order to live up to Jordan Mickey’s historic NBA legacy?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 02:18:01 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I hesitate to ask this, but three games in to the playoffs, has anybody changed their thoughts on Kyrie at all?  Does anybody still think we’d be a better overall team if he walked?

I think he is showing that they probably are a worse playoff / big game team without him, and since that is all that matters, then I think we have our answer.

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 03:36:19 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I would prefer that he stays.  The teams struggles this season have not been his fault.  That said, if I'm ownership I want him to commit - long term contract vs one year and a player option so we roll the same situation back again next season.

I'm starting to lean towards it being more likely that he does stay.  Reason being that he's in his prime. If he goes to say the Knicks or even the Lakers - those are rebuild jobs and it's going to take a couple of seasons for that to happen - in a best case scenario.  Current Laker management and Knick ownership history would make you think there are no guarantees.  Does he want to blow a couple of his best years in those situations?

The team here is starting to round into form - and hopefully Ainge and Stevens realize that they need to construct the roster so as to accommodate Brown and Tatum's development as much as Kyrie and Hayward (which translated means see ya later Morris and Rozier).

As long as he's happy living here, Boston is his best option to play his prime years on a team that's contending for a title every year.  Of course Kyrie marches to his own drummer so who knows how he looks at it?

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Incredible player.  He's a terrific leader.  Awesome teammate.  Best individual player we've had since 2008 Kevin Garnett.   He had arguably the best statistical season from a Boston Celtic since Larry Bird.  Hopefully he stays. 

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 05:54:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Incredible player.  He's a terrific leader.  Awesome teammate.  Best individual player we've had since 2008 Kevin Garnett.   He had arguably the best statistical season from a Boston Celtic since Larry Bird.  Hopefully he stays.

Terrific leader? Jury still out. But he is trending in the right direction.

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 07:17:38 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
No change here.  He's a player I will objectively criticize especially if he has too many possessions where he's dribbling too much and not moving the ball (a few of these a game are fine as he has an incredible ability to put the ball through the hoop).  But I am overall a supporter, and I think it's clear that we need him if we have any hopes of making a deep playoff run.

If we fail to make the ECF, or lose badly in the ECF, I imagine his critics will bring up our previous season where we were 1 game away from the Finals.  The landscape in the East is far, far different now as the top 4 teams are clearly much better than last season.  Had the Bucks been constructed as they currently are last season, we would have had a 1st round exit.  I'd wager that this thread (or another thread) is going to explode with Kyrie hate if we fall short, but I'd argue that this season and last season are not comparable.

Even if you hate Kyrie, I don't understand the desire to let him walk.  Losing your best player - and thus best trade asset - for absolutely nothing is among the worst outcomes in an offseason.

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 07:21:10 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Trade him

keep Rozier

save Wyc some serious coin.

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 07:39:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Trade him

keep Rozier

Is this serious? Rozier is awful

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 08:14:52 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Trade him for Collison and Joseph. This team needs depth, not stars!
- LilRip

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 08:48:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Trade him

keep Rozier

lol.....ooookay

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2019, 11:05:09 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
As far as the Knicks as a destination?

Anyone in the NBA would ask Kyrie what the heck he is thinking.

Everyone knows the Knick's organization is one of the worst in the league. The Lakers are unstable now. What? He's going to go play with Lebron and Pat Riley(recent rumor)?

Where else is he going to go? No, not the Nets. He's not going to a secondary market team either, don't even suggest it.

I'm sure he has a list and the Celtics are at the top with another team.

His history is to leave, but New York? Great place to be famous and work on movies, but the Knicks? He won't win anything there.

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2019, 01:32:05 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
one of my least favorite celtics in a long time.   a real jerk off of a man.