Author Topic: Celtics (29-5) at Knicks (12-19) 1/4  (Read 48701 times)

Re: Celtics (29-5) at Knicks (12-19) 1/4
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2009, 07:47:34 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Bench not the problem.

Bench IS the problem. Starters ARE the problem. This team, as constituted right now, might not make it to the eastern conference finals.

Yup. If anyone believes this bench isn't a problem, you're living in a state of denial. Beyond Powe, it was atrocious last night, especially the chosen one, Tony Allen. His inability to make good decisions with the basketball is incredible.

Add to that the disappearance last night of Rondo and Perkins, Allen's off night and KG's clear physical problems, and you've got a major issue.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Re: Celtics (29-5) at Knicks (12-19) 1/4
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2009, 10:22:46 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7

I am also quite tired of PP's man being the other squad's leading scorer. I created a thread earlier in the year questioning why PP didn't seem to be playing the kind of D that he was last year and didn't seem to be too concerned by it.

FYI

NY Times:

Wilson Chandler scored a career-high 31 points to lead the Knicks to their biggest victory of the season — and their first against the Celtics since March 2005. Chandler, a second-year forward, repeatedly attacked Kevin Garnett, a future Hall of Famer, and somehow won the battle.

Chandler’s 15-point third quarter turned the game around. His 3-point play with 2 minutes 11 seconds left sealed the win.

No one was beaming more than Quentin Richardson, Chandler’s unofficial mentor and all-around booster. Richardson said he was prodding Chandler all game to attack Garnett, the reigning defensive player of the year, who was in foul trouble.

“I told him every play we came from timeout: ‘Go straight at him. Go straight at him. He can’t guard you,’ ” Richardson said. “Because he couldn’t.
K.G.’s a great, great player, a great defender, but Wil’s a different type of player for him, and he’s a tough match for him.”