Author Topic: Surgery for Rob (out 8-12 weeks)  (Read 15673 times)

Re: Surgery for Rob
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2022, 09:39:36 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Honestly, if they could get Olynyk back, I would gladly take him over Howard, Cousins, or Whiteside.

We can't, though.
could have with the big TPE or had we used it on players and now have their salary on the roster.

True, but we can't un-ring that particular bell. 

Hopefully Brad realizes that a team needs NBA-quality players to win.  Jay King reports that we're not going to sign a veteran big man, so apparently he doesn't.
I know, it is just so aggravating to me because this was an entirely predictable scenario and the team clearly didn't have enough depth at the back end of the roster.  That is why I was so firm in saying that if Boston truly believed it was a contender there is no way it would have let the TPE expire with FIVE open roster spots.  A team that is truly contending just doesn't do that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2022, 09:46:15 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Honestly, if they could get Olynyk back, I would gladly take him over Howard, Cousins, or Whiteside.

We can't, though.
could have with the big TPE or had we used it on players and now have their salary on the roster.

Hopefully Brad realizes that a team needs NBA-quality players to win.  Jay King reports that we're not going to sign a veteran big man, so apparently he doesn't.
I know, it is just so aggravating to me because this was an entirely predictable scenario and the team clearly didn't have enough depth at the back end of the roster.  That is why I was so firm in saying that if Boston truly believed it was a contender there is no way it would have let the TPE expire with FIVE open roster spots.  A team that is truly contending just doesn't do that.

Maybe they fully believe in Luke Kornet, Noah Vonleh, and Sam Hauser being rotational guys lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2022, 02:05:42 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2022, 02:18:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He’s out 3 months now lol

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1573372353094225925?s=46&t=vYMKvi0iMemH7MZDF7fINg

So, do we convert to a one-big team?

Horford / Kornet
Tatum / Grant
Brown / Hauser
Smart / White
Brogdon / Pritchard

Starting lineup is legit.  The bench is absolute garbage.  And, on those nights Horford is resting? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2022, 02:22:10 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1573372353094225925?s=46&t=vYMKvi0iMemH7MZDF7fINg

Horford / Kornet
Tatum / Grant
Brown / Hauser
Smart / White
Brogdon / Pritchard

Starting lineup is legit.  The bench is absolute garbage.  And, on those nights Horford is resting?

Two rotation guys out an all of a sudden you realize just how thin the back part of this roster is. Sam Hauser, a guy who has prove absolutely nothing in the NBA is now you 9th best available body.

The team spent money, but they seem to be running with the "lets keep spots 11-15 open for competition" strategy for like no real good reason. For like the 15th spot that's fine, but you are a contender. Go out there and sign a couple vet min guys with proven NBA experience who can at least soak up some minutes. Whiteside/Cousins are, for example, totally fine NBA backup bigs.

« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2022, 02:23:49 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The thought of luke Kornet being a regular rotation player makes me want to puke.

Bench minus three players is absolutely garbage.

« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2022, 02:27:39 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

We can't, though.

Maybe they fully believe in Luke Kornet, Noah Vonleh, and Sam Hauser being rotational guys lol

I do think they fully believe in Sam Hauser being a rotational guy.  Time will tell if they're correct, but they sounded and acted very excited about him.

The others are break glass in case of emergency types, but the emergency has come sooner than they would have hoped.

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2022, 02:28:25 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

Wow, what the heck did they find in there when they opened up that knee? They didn't even state that it was a successful surgery like they usually do.

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2022, 02:29:53 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Horford / Kornet
Tatum / Grant
Brown / Hauser
Smart / White
Brogdon / Pritchard

I think they might start Grant rather than Brogdon.  And I will continue to say that someone who will be on the opening night roster is currently on another team.  Don't know who that someone is, but that's been my bet for two months, and your depth chart certainly doesn't change my opinion!

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2022, 02:31:40 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Start brogdan. Need Grant to spell multiple positions. Kornet is worthless. Big, slow, unathletic and makes me miserable to watch.

« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2022, 02:31:53 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Wow, what the heck did they find in there when they opened up that knee? They didn't even state that it was a successful surgery like they usually do.

Robert Williams underwent a successful arthroscopic procedure to remove loose bodies and address swelling in his left knee. Williams is expected to return to basketball activities in 8-12 weeks.

They called it successful.  That said, I don't know what they found.  Also, a return to basketball activities is not the same thing as suiting up in a game, which could push his return into 2023.

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2022, 02:33:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Please Brad for the love of god add a legit nba level big man. You cannot get by with Puke Kornet, kabengale and whatever other first round bust you think you can rehab.

Re: Surgery for Rob (out 8-12 weeks)
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2022, 02:34:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I am definitely feeling pessimistic about this season.

My new narrative is that Brad was too mopey and depressed about Ime to upgrade the roster.  The timeline seems to fit.  Vomit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2022, 02:35:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Off-season has been an absolute disaster. Expectations were finals. Now I have changed to getting into the playoffs. This feels doomed before it even starts

« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2022, 02:36:09 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Think they should consider overhauling the medical staff.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.