Author Topic: Another Aaron Hernandez story, (he shot someone else?)  (Read 4457 times)

Another Aaron Hernandez story, (he shot someone else?)
« on: June 19, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Just saw on ESPN that a lawsuit has just been filed by a man who alleges Hernandez shot him in florida in February

I didn't see the whole thing , but the title was "More issues for Hernandez"

Man this guy sound like a total Immoral Scumbag .....

here's the story
One day after police first arrived at the home of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez to question him about the possible murder of one his associates, news broke of a lawsuit filed by a Connecticut man claiming Hernandez shot him in the face in February.

A complaint filed last Thursday in a South Florida district court by attorneys for Alexander S. Bradley alleges Hernandez aimed a gun at the plaintiff and discharged the weapon as the two were in a vehicle traveling from Miami toward Palm Beach, Fla., on or about Feb. 13.

According to the complaint, the two men had an argument in Tootsie's, a strip club in Miami.

Bradley's attorneys allege Hernandez, who attended the University of Florida, was not legally licensed to carry the firearm, which they claim he pointed at Bradley. The complaint alleges Bradley has lost his right eye and has undergone multiple surgeries around his right eye to reconstruct that part of his face. Bradley is seeking damages in excess of $100,000.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/19/aaron-hernandez-lawsuit-shooting-strip-club-alexander-bradley/2438713/

Re: Another Aaron Hernandez story, (he shot someone else?)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
America: Where irrational, emotional people who don't know the law completely disregard the Constitution and burn people at the stake before they even get a trial (see: George Zimmerman).
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'm a little confused as to why he is now filing a lawsuit when this allegedly occurred in February?

Not that I don't believe him or anything, but just confused.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
America: Where irrational, emotional people who don't know the law completely disregard the Constitution and burn people at the stake before they even get a trial (see: George Zimmerman).

Because that's relevant to Aaron Hernandez...

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm a little confused as to why he is now filing a lawsuit when this allegedly occurred in February?

I'm not doubting it either, but I think I'd remember (and maybe have some medical records from) the day I was shot in the face.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I can come up with scenarios where it would make sense.  For example, they had an under-the-table agreement to keep it quiet so Hernandez wouldn't get in trouble and either Hernandez broke the agreement or the guy thinks he can get more money by suing now.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
So ummm, where is the police report? 

I know I am looking at this backwards, but it kind of sickens me that someone can get shot in the face, and never go to the police about it...but then, when he sees a chance to cash in, he can sue?

Something doesn't add up here.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Jack Ballard and Tim Tebow = starting TE's for NE in 2013???!

Oh man. Please let the man be innocent and let Gronk return healthy and more mature.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
if these charges are true, hernandez will be almost as bad as ray allen in my book

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
So ummm, where is the police report? 

I know I am looking at this backwards, but it kind of sickens me that someone can get shot in the face, and never go to the police about it...but then, when he sees a chance to cash in, he can sue?

Something doesn't add up here.

Ditto.

I'm not saying I know what happened or didnt happen, but now about 5 months after the fact he decides to sue? Why not press charges at the time? This just reeks of opportunism to me.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman