Author Topic: Celtics (60-19) at Cavaliers (64-15) 4/12  (Read 66111 times)

Re: Celtics (60-19) at Cavaliers (64-15) 4/12
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
[dang], even though this game is worth little to nothing in terms of standings I would still like the Green to send a little message to Lebron "refs let me do what i want" James and his crybabies..  ;D

But if somehow Doc decides to give rest to the starters for the sake of health, then I would be fine with it too...imagine if we give 35 min to Marbs, 20 to Walker and such and we still win the game :P

Go C's go!!

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
am I the only one who considers this game moot?

Very impressive summary though.  TP

nope....i hope they win but i am not sweating this one...what you see sunday has no bearing on the playoffs...no powe, no KG and no scal...i hope boston wins but if they dont...i wont be too concerned

No Scal?  ut oh, I dont know if we can win ever again!

How about a completly  healthy celtics team going into cleveland and getting absolutely punked...Oh yeah that did happen already, didnt it?   Its just annoying, it comes off as your selling the cavaliers short saying we'll only lose because we arent healthy, when in reality they are the best team in the league this season bar none

this wont be the cavs you see in the playoffs either, I highly doubt they'll overwork there starters today.

When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
God, I really hope we win. I don't want them matching our homecourt record.

Win BUT stay healthy.

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 12:10:09 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I really want this win because I don't want them to match the '86 Celtics record.  That team was special.  Much more special than this Cavs team, which isn't that special... just lucky. 

The Celtics can beat the Cavs even with KG, Leon, and Scal.  The Celtics still have 2 super stars to just one for the Cavs. 

If the Celtics come into this game focused especially on defense, they can win it.

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I keep hearing how we dont want them breaking the 86 celtics record...well that 86 team also won the championship and went undefeated at home in the playoffs

If we beat the cavs in the playoffs, they will be remembered for tieing the best home court regular season record and choking in the playoffs....so yet again I see this game as meaningless, save the beating them at home for the playoffs, and that wouldnt match the 86 celtics.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:35:44 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 12:54:41 PM »

Offline burnin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
I keep hearing how we dont want them breaking the 86 celtics record...well that 86 team also won the championship and went undefeated at home in the playoffs

If we beat the cavs in the playoffs, they will be remembered for tieing the best home court regular season record and choking in the playoffs....so yet again I see this game as meaningless, save the beating them at home for the playoffs, and that wouldnt match the 86 celtics.

The Celtics have shown zero ability to win in Cleveland over the last few seasons. This game is huge. If they can pull it off, it'll give me some glimmer of hope that Boston can win a 7 game series in Cleveland in the Eastern finals. As it stands right now, even with KG, I'm not convinced boston can win a road game against them.

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
at this point boston needs to play the cavs close without KG in cleveland...

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 01:05:08 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Everyone needs to play smart in this game, because we need to beat LeRoid, LeRoid's star treatment, the refs, Mike Brown's star treatment, the hamburgler, the cotton candy guy, David Stern, Stu Jackson.....what DOESN'T Cleveland get that benefits them at home for gods sake!?!? and if Joey Crawford or Dick Bavetta are the refs, this game is automatically an "L"

Great news... Bill Kennedy gets the whistle today.

We're screwed from the outset, mark my words. I predict a 15 free throw disparity.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 01:09:27 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Oh great.... the league office really doesn't want us to win this game. 
Referee assignment for today's game
 S. Foster
B. Kennedy
 E. Malloy

Gee, think Bill Kennedy will have the incident with Doc where he got fined for calling the T on him on his mind when he calls this game?  I don't expect to get many calls go our way from him, anyway. 

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 01:10:49 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Everyone needs to play smart in this game, because we need to beat LeRoid, LeRoid's star treatment, the refs, Mike Brown's star treatment, the hamburgler, the cotton candy guy, David Stern, Stu Jackson.....what DOESN'T Cleveland get that benefits them at home for gods sake!?!? and if Joey Crawford or Dick Bavetta are the refs, this game is automatically an "L"

We're screwed from the outset, mark my words. I predict a 15 free throw disparity.

agree....i wager lebron has 1 or less fouls going into the 4th quarter and all of boston's big have 4 or more....i also say lebron shoots 15 FTs today....while the entire celtics shoot 15 or less.....

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 01:15:17 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112

Do they do this stuff on purpose?

Glad to know I shouldn't be too optimistic today.

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »

Offline burnin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
According to Basketball Reference, Boston has a 39% chance of winning this game. That's certainly a lot better than I would have thought.

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i expect the cav to get the calls today..i hate how before the game even starts we all know how it will be called....tight on boston while the cavs will be allowed to play...no doubt in my mind lebron gets every call while pierce will get zip...

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 01:57:35 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Why is Bill K doing one of our games after the immature, unprofessional stunt he pulled last time? He should be reffing at the YMCA.

I predict Moore fouls out early in the third, LeBron has 1 foul and gets 20fta, plus 3 charges called fouls on a Celtic.

However we will win despite Stern and his cronies.

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 02:09:26 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
My number one thing on "I wish" list is to be on the floor watching Celtics play
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger