Poll

Ultimately would you trade 2018 8th pick for 2 seasons of Irving?

Yes
44 (74.6%)
No
10 (16.9%)
Only if Irving signs an extension
5 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Ultimately would you trade 2018 8th pick for 2 seasons of Irving? (poll)  (Read 6165 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Well its more like one and half season but you get my point. 

Really what matters from that trade was the 2018 8th pick (no disrespect to IT4 or Crowder).

Stays or walks, I would make that trade any day of the week, for a chance to win a championship.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Picked yes because C's are a playoff team. If they were building I'd say No.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Picked yes because C's are a playoff team. If they were building I'd say No.

+1

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Have to say yes. Everything that happened last season helped Brown and Tatum.

With Irving and Hayward healthy this season?

Celtics should be as good as any to make it to the finals.

Without the trade? I just don't know about any of that...including Ainge has to pay the guys he traded away.

None of this was going on before the trade...

Irving's arrival + Hayward = contender

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
No

We keep IT and 8th pick plus we still have Hayward. Thomas eventually gets healthy and is solid for the playoffs. Now we still have a great team without cutting IT's throat and team chemistry is even better.  Going forward, we have a much more settled roster and a better chance to trade up for Mamba.

What we don't have is a flake for a starting point guard, who is self-centered and doesn't care who knows it.  I say with a healthy Thomas + Hayward + Talented Post Defender we are better and are a contender for titles for the next decade. With Irving, we now have a bunch of uncertainty. I say Thomas would re-sign for a reasonable contract in the end because he absolutely loves being a Celtic.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The number 8 pick?  Are you kidding me?  Have people looked at the history of that pick?

I would take Kyrie over any 3 of those picks.

2017 Frank Ntilikina, France – New York Knicks
2016 Marquese Chriss, Washington – Sacramento Kings
2015 Stanley Johnson, Arizona – Detroit Pistons
2014 Nik Stauskas, Michigan – Sacramento Kings
2013 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Georgia – Detroit Pistons
2012 Terrence Ross, Washington – Toronto Raptors
2011 Brandon Knight, Kentucky – Detroit Pistons
2010 Al-Farouq Aminu, Wake Forest – L.A. Clippers
2009 Jordan Hill, Arizona – New York Knicks
2008 Joe Alexander, West Virginia – Milwaukee Bucks
2007 Brandan Wright, North Carolina – Charlotte Bobcats
2006 Rudy Gay, Connecticut – Houston Rockets
2005 Channing Frye, Arizona – New York Knicks
2004 Rafael Araujo, BYU – Toronto Raptors
2003 T.J. Ford, Texas – Milwaukee Bucks
2002 Chris Wilcox, Maryland – L.A. Clippers
2001 DeSagana Diop, Oak Hill Academy (Va.) – Cleveland Cavaliers
2000 Jamal Crawford, Michigan – Cleveland Cavaliers

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
This is a joke right..?

Kyrie is worth a top 3 pick.. lets be real..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No

We keep IT and 8th pick plus we still have Hayward. Thomas eventually gets healthy and is solid for the playoffs. Now we still have a great team without cutting IT's throat and team chemistry is even better.  Going forward, we have a much more settled roster and a better chance to trade up for Mamba.

What we don't have is a flake for a starting point guard, who is self-centered and doesn't care who knows it.  I say with a healthy Thomas + Hayward + Talented Post Defender we are better and are a contender for titles for the next decade. With Irving, we now have a bunch of uncertainty. I say Thomas would re-sign for a reasonable contract in the end because he absolutely loves being a Celtic.
Lol. IT is trash now, and will most likely never even be an All-Star level player again. Why would you want him? Worse at both ends than Kyrie, older and on the decline.

You’re letting your anti-Kyrie grudge get in the way of an incredibly easy decision
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
No

Oh, crap - Kobe's coming out of retirement? ;) And we're going to trade a top 10 pick for him, to boot? ;)

Lol, just kidding ;D.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The number 8 pick?  Are you kidding me?  Have people looked at the history of that pick?

I would take Kyrie over any 3 of those picks.

2017 Frank Ntilikina, France – New York Knicks
2016 Marquese Chriss, Washington – Sacramento Kings
2015 Stanley Johnson, Arizona – Detroit Pistons
2014 Nik Stauskas, Michigan – Sacramento Kings
2013 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Georgia – Detroit Pistons
2012 Terrence Ross, Washington – Toronto Raptors
2011 Brandon Knight, Kentucky – Detroit Pistons
2010 Al-Farouq Aminu, Wake Forest – L.A. Clippers
2009 Jordan Hill, Arizona – New York Knicks
2008 Joe Alexander, West Virginia – Milwaukee Bucks
2007 Brandan Wright, North Carolina – Charlotte Bobcats
2006 Rudy Gay, Connecticut – Houston Rockets
2005 Channing Frye, Arizona – New York Knicks
2004 Rafael Araujo, BYU – Toronto Raptors
2003 T.J. Ford, Texas – Milwaukee Bucks
2002 Chris Wilcox, Maryland – L.A. Clippers
2001 DeSagana Diop, Oak Hill Academy (Va.) – Cleveland Cavaliers
2000 Jamal Crawford, Michigan – Cleveland Cavaliers

Exactly

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If the trade was 2 seasons (one playoffs) of Kyrie for the 8th pick?  And he leaves for another team with no additional compensation?

No way. Why would anybody make that trade?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
No

Lol. IT is trash now, and will most likely never even be an All-Star level player again. Why would you want him? Worse at both ends than Kyrie, older and on the decline.

You’re letting your anti-Kyrie grudge get in the way of an incredibly easy decision

Thomas is trash now ??  I thought he finished up this season with the Lakers playing well. I'm not saying he will return to the peak he reached two years ago, but he would be a great 6th man on our next title team without the Kyrie headaches to deal with.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No

Thomas is trash now ??  I thought he finished up this season with the Lakers playing well. I'm not saying he will return to the peak he reached two years ago, but he would be a great 6th man on our next title team without the Kyrie headaches to deal with.
15.2 points, 4.8 assists, 37% FGs, 29% 3-pointers while being possibly the biggest defensive liability in the NBA is trash by my standards. Putting up ok, yet empty numbers (at terrible efficiency) on a garbage team isn’t what I’d ever call playing well
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
only if he signs an extension

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
No

IT didn't finish the season.. The Hip gave out.  He is back on the "Slow Grind"