Author Topic: Celtics (24-15) at Hawks (22-16) Game #40 1/13/17  (Read 37750 times)

Re: Celtics (24-15) at Hawks (22-16) Game #40 1/13/17
« Reply #390 on: January 13, 2017, 10:41:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
BRAD wanted pick and roll.

IT dialed up the ISO.... would make Paul Pierce proud.

« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
I'm really glad for Al. He clearly wanted to win that game.

Yes .....he needed to back up his decision to leave beating his old team......good for his growth as a Celtic

Makes him now feel he is in the right place.

Important win for everybody

« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2017, 10:42:03 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Look, Isiah Thomas is real exciting to watch when he goes off in the 4th quarter and all, but

we ain't gonna win any titles playing like this

Someone doesnt like fun

Someone became a Celtics fan in the 60's and knows a little about the game

I became a Celtics fan in the 60's and I love this team!

I love them too, I love their chemistry and their toughness.
But the truth is - they aren't winning a title playing 1-on-1 the last 5 minutes to pull wins out of the fire. As someone who has been a long-time fan, you should know that too.

And the Celtics franchise is not about fun wins - it's about Titles. Period.
Is that true? Isn't there a lot of 1-on-1 at the ends of games in the playoffs?

« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2017, 10:42:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716
What time is it?

IT time

And half the people on Celticsblog still underrate the guy and think he's not a superstar and that his 4th quarters are 'an nice little streak'.

The playoffs are where superstars are made.

That's a pathetic shot at one of the best 4th quarter scorers we've ever had.
If you don't want that reaction, don't bring another argument into the discussion.

That's my opinion and I can state it as often as I like here. If you don't like it, don't read it. I am personally tired of people here undervaluing a fantastic player like IT. It's a [dang] shame.
You brought the superstar argument here, then you whine about someone taking a shot. They didn't take a shot. The pointed out how high the criteria is for "superstar", something YOU brought up in an argumentative way.

Their response is not what was pathetic.

You can state what you want as much as you want, but you are the one calling another poster's comment pathetic.

That being said, IT is a phenomenal offensive player and if he was 6'3" with the same skill level, he would be one of the best players in the NBA.

This season, thus far, he clearly is one of the best players in the NBA, regardless of height.

« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Look, Isiah Thomas is real exciting to watch when he goes off in the 4th quarter and all, but

So what?!

You don't think our management is trying to build a title team?

29 teams don't win it every year.

Pointless post.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2017, 10:42:42 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
BRAD wanted pick and roll.

IT dialed up the ISO.... would make Paul Pierce proud.
Haha... yeah. So true.

« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2017, 10:45:18 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Isaiah Thomas = Celtic legend.

Danny Ainge was right, man. No one else believed it, not even us, but Danny knew.

“Isaiah … the way you play the game of basketball, you could be a Celtics legend.”
-DA (immediately after trading for IT)

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/isaiah-thomas-celtics-boston-letter/
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2017, 10:45:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

So what?!

Pointless post.

Yeah, we just beat a good team on the road without one of our best 2 way players in Bradley, with yet another clutch 4th quarter from IT, and people have to dump on it like they personally are above cheering for this team.

« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2017, 10:48:03 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
What time is it?

IT time

And half the people on Celticsblog still underrate the guy and think he's not a superstar and that his 4th quarters are 'an nice little streak'.

If you don't want that reaction, don't bring another argument into the discussion.

That's my opinion and I can state it as often as I like here. If you don't like it, don't read it. I am personally tired of people here undervaluing a fantastic player like IT. It's a [dang] shame.
You brought the superstar argument here, then you whine about someone taking a shot. They didn't take a shot. The pointed out how high the criteria is for "superstar", something YOU brought up in an argumentative way.

You can state what you want as much as you want, but you are the one calling another poster's comment pathetic.

That being said, IT is a phenomenal offensive player and if he was 6'3" with the same skill level, he would be one of the best players in the NBA.

This season, thus far, he clearly is one of the best players in the NBA, regardless of height.
One of the best 5? 10? 20? 30?

Clearly one of the best scorers, as his PPG is great. The guy is insanely good on offense. He is also very effective. Hopefully, he can be effective at the end of playoff games when defense is locked in and physical.

« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
What time is it?

IT time

Clearly one of the best scorers, as his PPG is great. The guy is insanely good on offense. He is also very effective. Hopefully, he can be effective at the end of playoff games when defense is locked in and physical.

you mean just like it is at the end of 4th quarters in all the games he's won for us this season?

Isn't winning games for your team THE mark of a great player?

« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2017, 10:49:53 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders

So what?!

Pointless post.
Agreed. Great effort on the road.

What is most silly about making every game about the title is that the teams than win the title have many games throughout the season where people criticize them as not playing championship basketball. It is as if some fans need their team to win by 10+ every night.

« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 738

So what?!

Pointless post.

Yeah, we just beat a good team on the road without one of our best 2 way players in Bradley, with yet another clutch 4th quarter from IT, and people have to dump on it like they personally are above cheering for this team.

Got some anger issues ??

I'm very happy we won. I am also aggravated that we gave away a 20-point lead by going away from focused defense and ball movement on offense.

I see us building a team and I am very grateful Danny Boy is showing some patience for once.

This is a Celtics forum for Celtic fan opinions. I am stating a factual opinion - I am not hating Thomas or the team. He can help us win that title with the right additions to this team.

The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #402 on: January 13, 2017, 10:54:20 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
What time is it?

IT time

you mean just like it is at the end of 4th quarters in all the games he's won for us this season?

You are moving the goalposts. You switched from "superstar" to great player. Great player is such a unclear term that it could apply to pretty much anyone.

Like I said, defense is much better in the playoffs. Teams are prepared for their opponents because they will play many games. That is why regular season achievements aren't the same.

Personally, I judge superstar by simple metrics, like ASG, all NBA, jersey's sold, road tickets sales. Superstar is a perception thing in my mind.

« Reply #403 on: January 13, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
What time is it?

IT time

You are moving the goalposts. You switched from "superstar" to great player. Great player is such a unclear term that it could apply to pretty much anyone.

Like I said, defense is much better in the playoffs. Teams are prepared for their opponents because they will play many games. That is why regular season achievements aren't the same.

Personally, I judge superstar by simple metrics, like ASG, all NBA, jersey's sold, road tickets sales. Superstar is a perception thing in my mind.

So you mean you define superstar as a popularity contest?

He's one of the best players in the league this season, regardless of whatever term you want to use.

« Reply #404 on: January 13, 2017, 11:03:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

So what?!

Pointless post.

Got some anger issues ??

I'm very happy we won. I am also aggravated that we gave away a 20-point lead by going away from focused defense and ball movement on offense.

I see us building a team and I am very grateful Danny Boy is showing some patience for once.

This is a Celtics forum for Celtic fan opinions. I am stating a factual opinion - I am not hating Thomas or the team. He can help us win that title with the right additions to this team.

Factual opinion is an oxymoron. Just saying.

The Hawks are a good team, and we were without Bradley, our best 2-way player who should be an all-star. This was a great win lead by an emerging Celtics legend. People who don't appreciate it and the moment by constantly looking ahead are missing out.

That is my opinion, different from a fact.