Author Topic: Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins  (Read 9814 times)

Re: Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Don't the Cats also have the Pistons 2013 1st rounder? That could also be a lottery pick.

Two lotto picks, Henderson, and Diop's expiring deal for Cousins and Salmons' bad contract?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I love the bet hedging. "If this is true." lol

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Don't the Cats also have the Pistons 2013 1st rounder? That could also be a lottery pick.

Two lotto picks, Henderson, and Diop's expiring deal for Cousins and Salmons' bad contract?

Yea, that's quite an offer. IF that's what they are giving up, Cousins is theirs. There is no way we can compete with it.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 11:28:58 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
This just goes to show you that people who thought we could get Cousins and/or Evans from the Kings for our expendable pieces were wrong. These are two young and extremely talented players on cheap contracts. Many teams will bring strong offers for them, especially teams that can't otherwise attract good free agents.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:39:28 AM by hpantazo »

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If the Celtics don't find a way to dump all these mediocre players/ role players ....bottom  1/3 of the NBA is where the Celtics will "STAY"

Thats why you gotta give up GOOD players to get the RIGHT player for this team.

ANd its getting to the point  we an't got much to offer.

This team player wise is close to just SAILING right down the tube .   ANd next thing you know a BLOW UP will be all that is left.

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
A source of a source of a source says it will come down to Boston, Dallas, Orlando, or Charlotte (or nothing too, I guess).

http://bit.ly/TZuS3M

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I expect Charlotte are offering their lottery pick this summer. Probably top 2-3 protected.

They have nothing else on their roster to offer outside of MKG.

Is the lottery pick and MKG package better than what the Celts can offer? Because im leaning towards "No".

MKG and a top pick, one to 5, is a big time offer IMO.  don't think the bobcats should do it.  mullens and a top pick with Henderson and Taylor is better for Charlotte,and not bad for the kings if they're that fed up Cousins' attitude...

Whoops. Didn't realize the pick was 1-5. Not sure how strong the draft class is but that does make a pretty big difference. Im just not sold on MKG yet though.

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I expect Charlotte are offering their lottery pick this summer. Probably top 2-3 protected.

Is the lottery pick and MKG package better than what the Celts can offer? Because im leaning towards "No".

MKG and a top pick, one to 5, is a big time offer IMO.  don't think the bobcats should do it.  mullens and a top pick with Henderson and Taylor is better for Charlotte,and not bad for the kings if they're that fed up Cousins' attitude...

Whoops. Didn't realize the pick was 1-5. Not sure how strong the draft class is but that does make a pretty big difference. Im just not sold on MKG yet though.

Yeah I'm with you about MKG. Pretty enticing offer for the kings though. Give them two young mega potential players.

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

It's actually a very poor class. In fact, draft experts say it's one of the weakest in years. On the other hand, the 2014 class will be loaded.

Andrew Wiggins has the potential to be the future of the league. Experts have called him a "once in a decade" talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HJn74ufOx64

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I feel like their unprotected first round pick next year would be a pretty good deal for both sides.  Sac gets rid of Cousins and a second very good draft pick.  Charlotte gets a player who can absolutely produce at the NBA level, which they don't know for sure they will get in the draft pick.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I would think the offer would be along the lines of Biyombo and Henderson for Cousins and filler. 

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I would think the offer would be along the lines of Biyombo and Henderson for Cousins and filler.
Biyombo hasn't proven enough (5 points, 6 rebounds a game guy, still raw defensively, low skill level offensively) to be the main attraction in a trade for someone as talented as D.Cousins.

I think Henderson's value is very low right now too. It doesn't look like Charlotte are going to be willing to pay him this summer. I think he could be picked up for a late first at this point.

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If Jordan wants him, then I say stay away from him.  The guy is a horrible GM, who can't evaluate talent.

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
A source of a source of a source says it will come down to Boston, Dallas, Orlando, or Charlotte (or nothing too, I guess).

TP for the source of a source of a source.

Among these 4, Boston and Dallas are the only ones who would theoretically be put in a position to compete better with Cousins.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

TP for the source of a source of a source.

Among these 4, Boston and Dallas are the only ones who would theoretically be put in a position to compete better with Cousins.

Wow, the title of the article says Fegan wants Cousins to go to Boston. If that's really the case then it's pretty much set in stone that we will get him.