Author Topic: Ainge Knows Something We Don’t...  (Read 8726 times)

Re: Ainge Knows Something We Don’t...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 03:24:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Everyone knows 2 + 2 is 22.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 03:25:06 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Right on the whole "Ainge knows something we don't thing", but the rest I can do without.

Most importantly: Kyrie needs to sign with another team or be renounced before the Celtics can sign another free agent.

As an aside: The term "super max" refers to players making up to 35% of the salary cap rather than up to 30% by signing with their current team, only if they're re-signing with the team that drafted them and they've hit certain qualifiers. The Celtics can not sign Kyrie to a "super max", just a 5-year deal for up to 30% of the salary cap with increases that are better than the 4-year deal he'd get elsewhere.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 03:28:28 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I keep hearing people talk about this "knows something we don't" thing. I don't know that he was specifically referring to a plan. Sounded like he was just saying he can't talk about things that he knows (and that have been rumored) because they haven't officially happened yet.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 03:31:32 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
So Ainge and Wyc seem pretty cool considering the circumstances. Ainge even stated he knows something we don’t. What if it’s this:

1) Trade in the works to move Brown and Yabu for a future first-round pick

2) Waive the rights to Rozier.

Result: Ainge has removed the two young players who may have been the root cause of the locker room frustrations this year. In the process, we have about $42 million in cap space.

3) Sign KD to a super-max.

4) Re-sign Kyrie to a super-max with Bird Rights.

Result: KD is given a commitment and we continue to commit to Hayward, rehabilitating our image following IT. KD has access to Mass General and Harvard for his rehab. KD now can build his own legacy and join Celtics lore, something he may regret not pursuing in 1016. We now officially have two top ten superstars for 2020-2021, potentially three if Tatum grows in 2019-2020.

5) Re-sign Morris as our sixth man.

6) Use MLE on a traditional center.

7) Sign ring-chasing vets to minimum contracts.

Hand the keys to Kyrie and let Tatum and Hayward continue to improve. Head into 2020-2021 with the following:

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
KD
MLE center who can rebound/defend

Depth: Smart, Morris, Williams, 2019 rookies, 2020 rookie(s), ring-chasing vets

Celtics Vs. Lakers in June 2021!
Trade Jaylen, bring back Kyrie sign KD and his achilles to a super max and bring Morris back - I think I need to vomit.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 03:32:27 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
So Ainge and Wyc seem pretty cool considering the circumstances. Ainge even stated he knows something we don’t. What if it’s this:

Result: Ainge has removed the two young players who may have been the root cause of the locker room frustrations this year. In the process, we have about $42 million in cap space.

Result: KD is given a commitment and we continue to commit to Hayward, rehabilitating our image following IT. KD has access to Mass General and Harvard for his rehab. KD now can build his own legacy and join Celtics lore, something he may regret not pursuing in 1016. We now officially have two top ten superstars for 2020-2021, potentially three if Tatum grows in 2019-2020.

Hand the keys to Kyrie and let Tatum and Hayward continue to improve. Head into 2020-2021 with the following:

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
KD

Trade Jaylen, bring back Kyrie sign KD and his achilles to a max and bring Morris back - I think I need to vomit.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 03:45:11 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
KD

Trade Jaylen, bring back Kyrie sign KD and his achilles to a max and bring Morris back - I think I need to vomit.

Kyrie, KD, and KD’s Achilles?! We can’t afford to give out three max contracts.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 03:45:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I keep hearing people talk about this "knows something we don't" thing. I don't know that he was specifically referring to a plan. Sounded like he was just saying he can't talk about things that he knows (and that have been rumored) because they haven't officially happened yet.

Exactly.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Man what a tremendous idea that can never happen because:

1. You need to renounce Kyrie just to open any cap space so can't resign him using Bird rights. And even in your scenario, you aren't opening two max slots. Off the top of my head(salary in millions):

Hayward $32.7
Smart $12.5
Tatum $7.8
Brown $6.5
Yabu $3.1
Semi $1.6
Timelord $1.9
GWilliams $1.9
Langford $2.9
3 empty roster slots @ $2.7

My math has the team at $73.6 million or $35.4 million in cap space assuming everyone is renounced.

2. The Celtics aren't salary dumping Brown in any way. Yes you salary dump Yabu and Baynes. You don't salary dump a possibly emerging star still on a rookie deal.

3. Salary dumping Brown and Yabu only opens $7.8 million because they are replaced by empty roster slot cap hold of $900,000. Doing that awful trade only opens up $43.2 million.

3. You need to renounce everyone for cap space meaning you can not re-sign Morris and Irving using Bird rights.

4. Once you use salary cap space you lose the ability to use the regular MLE, the tax payer MLE and the BAE. All you have left is the Room Exception($4.7 million) and vet minimum contracts to sign other players.

5. Neither Durant nor Irving are eligible for super max contracts from the Celtics. Durant can get one from GSW only and Kyrie isn't eligible for one.

So in other words, your whole scenario can not and will not happen.

I suggest reading and referencing this site to understand more about the salary cap, how it works, how trades work and a lot more. It will help you to not waste so much effort on an idea just to be told none of it can happen:

www.cbafaq.com

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 03:52:12 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think Danny knows WAY more somethings than we do....

impossible

our combined blog knoweldge is at least 1000 years of basketball experience  :)

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 03:58:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
KD

Kyrie, KD, and KD’s Achilles?! We can’t afford to give out three max contracts.
well done and a tp for you sir.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 03:58:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I think Danny knows WAY more somethings than we do....

impossible

our combined blog knoweldge is at least 1000 years of basketball experience  :)

But Danny has actual knowledge....  :angel:

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 04:01:41 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Boston fans, Boston media, and the media in general hates Kyrie. Therefore, Danny's "Good people" comments were automatically labeled as a shot at Kyrie. I disagree, here is why.

"Know your roles" This was not a Kyrie issue, he had a role.

"Humble" Perhaps people thought they were better than what they were?

"Willing to play any role" I seen Kyrie risk his career by playing the role as the decoy for us when he was injured; he wanted to support the team. Eventually, his legs gave out, which even lingered to his 1st season in Boston.

I seen people in Boston complain about Gordon, being a starter, and playing time. None of those people were Kyrie mind you...

To me, those comments were directed at the young guys, and Danny plans on purging this lockeroom, and surrounding Kyrie with vets and maybe another star like Klay. That is just my opinion which could be 100% wrong.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 04:04:00 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
KD

Trade Jaylen, bring back Kyrie sign KD and his achilles to a super max and bring Morris back - I think I need to vomit.

Maybe take a second rounder for Brown if he agrees to leave an Achilles behind for KD to use next season? 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Boston fans, Boston media, and the media in general hates Kyrie. Therefore, Danny's "Good people" comments were automatically labeled as a shot at Kyrie. I disagree, here is why.

"Know your roles" This was not a Kyrie issue, he had a role.

"Humble" Perhaps people thought they were better than what they were?

"Willing to play any role" I seen Kyrie risk his career by playing the role as the decoy for us when he was injured; he wanted to support the team. Eventually, his legs gave out, which even lingered to his 1st season in Boston.

I seen people in Boston complain about Gordon, being a starter, and playing time. None of those people were Kyrie mind you...

To me, those comments were directed at the young guys, and Danny plans on purging this lockeroom, and surrounding Kyrie with vets and maybe another star like Klay. That is just my opinion which could be 100% wrong.

Pairing kyrie with anyone is financially improbable as it would require shedding salary for nothing

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 04:15:32 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
lol out at trading Jaylen for draft pick just to dump salary.