Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 585860 times)

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2023, 03:40:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
Sounding like Obi Toppin will start for Indiana

G: Haliburton, McConnell
G: Mathurin, Nembhard
F: Bruce Brown, B Hield
F: Toppin, J Walker
C: M Turner, D Theis

That is a pretty well rounded top 10. The PF position is going to be the biggest X factor for them. The four man guard rotation and two centers are solid. The SF spot is undersized but has quality.

Indy could be a fun team for Toppin. Those jump-shooting bigs and all those jump-shooters on the perimeter open the floor up for him to attack the basket and use that great athleticism of his. He could have a good season there.

That looks a playoff team to me.

« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2023, 04:02:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432

That is a pretty well rounded top 10. The PF position is going to be the biggest X factor for them. The four man guard rotation and two centers are solid. The SF spot is undersized but has quality.

Indy could be a fun team for Toppin. Those jump-shooting bigs and all those jump-shooters on the perimeter open the floor up for him to attack the basket and use that great athleticism of his. He could have a good season there.

Who is J Walker? U mean Jalen Smith?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2023, 04:13:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Jarace Walker. Their lottery pick.

« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2023, 06:09:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski: Denver Nuggets forward/center Zeke Nnaji has agreed on a four-year, $32 million contract extension, Adam Pensack of @PensackSports tells ESPN. The deal includes a player option. pic.twitter.com/pBuQVgL3ZS – via Twitter wojespn

Just a reminder that $8 million doesn't buy what it used to.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2023, 06:54:47 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Adrian Wojnarowski: Denver Nuggets forward/center Zeke Nnaji has agreed on a four-year, $32 million contract extension, Adam Pensack of @PensackSports tells ESPN. The deal includes a player option. pic.twitter.com/pBuQVgL3ZS – via Twitter wojespn

Never viewed him as more than a mediocre 3rd string player.

« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2023, 07:20:49 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Would be interesting if there was ever a Gordon Hayward buyout. I think he’s got well on that team.

« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2023, 08:00:28 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887

Does this mean Jalen Smith is out of the rotation?  He is about $5M with a trade kicker. Player option next season. He would fit the TPE. Maybe with a 10% raise he would take the PO?  I thought he was a decent player.

« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2023, 08:48:44 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Does this mean Jalen Smith is out of the rotation?  He is about $5M with a trade kicker. Player option next season. He would fit the TPE. Maybe with a 10% raise he would take the PO?  I thought he was a decent player.

Not sure if he is in or out.

I believe they are looking at Jalen Smith more as a center moving forward (rather than at PF where he was struggling) so he will competing with Daniel Theis for the backup center slot. I'd expect Theis to win that role. Better player. Smarter player.

Not sure Jalen Smith is the clear choice for 3rd string center. Last I heard, at the beginning of training camp, it was open competition between him and Isiah Jackson behind Theis.

Indy also has Nesmith and Nwora at backup forward. Nesmith would be more likely to get PF minutes if Jarrace Walker continues to struggle. Appearantly, Walker has been playing pretty badly so far. Nesmith is meant to be looking good.

They like Sheppard. Feel he is ready to be a rotation player. 6 foot 6 shooter at SG. I just don't know where he fits in. Not enough minutes. Reportedly, he is ahead of Walker right now in readiness. An older college draft pick. Walker is very young.

« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2023, 09:01:20 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Would be interesting if there was ever a Gordon Hayward buyout. I think he’s got well on that team.

Next offseason though, hopefully he ring chases later this year with the Celtics

« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2023, 10:22:20 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Never viewed him as more than a mediocre 3rd string player.

Me too. Maybe losing Jeff Green they feel like they need all the big man depth they can get. They have Deandre Jordan as a backup though he seems washed up. I wouldn’t be surprised if Peyton Watson ends up being the first big off the bench. A very interesting player.

« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2023, 12:35:32 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 744
Grizzlies Steve Adams out for the year ouch that hurts

« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2023, 12:42:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Wow, he was a huge loss for them in the playoffs. Big news for Memphis.

« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2023, 01:41:10 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Rough

« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2023, 02:24:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

If Hayward bought out Stevens is on the phone. Take place of Hauser off bench.

« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2023, 06:33:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978

If Hayward bought out Stevens is on the phone. Take place of Hauser off bench.

Hayward hate C’s