Author Topic: If you had ten years of your life back with the knowledge you have right now...  (Read 25413 times)

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
If I knew everything I know now ten years ago, I would embark on a storied ten-year career as the world's greatest sports bettor.

Didn't you see Back to the Future 2?

And I would be the world's greatest stock trader...
Celtics fan for life.

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Well i am only 19 cant say 10 years but i wish, I would have taken High School more seriously and Basketball. Quit my junior year after my most productive year of shooting 50% from beyond the Arc and 95% from the Free Throw line, I averaged 13 points coming off the bench. I quit because i felt like the coach had a personal vendetta out of me. So dumb but what can you do.

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I hate this game..I play it every time I drive past a high school football practice.
I think the same thing about HS basketball.  With what I know now, I would have hit the weights more in the offseason and would probably have averaged a triple double.   ;D

I would have also avoided associations with certain people that I knew would not be a part of my future...but I digress.

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
cmon, i'm in my mid forties!  can i have twenty years back?  if so, i stay in the NAVY and be retired by now!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
Ten years back again? The only thing that would help is that I would be able to hit my golf ball a little farther. lol
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ahhhhh. Personal reflection.

Personally, I like to look back to learn from my experiences and to learn what I can do differently to make my next ten years better. I find looking back and wondering what I could have done differently to have made my current situation better, counter productive. But that's just me.

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Let's see...I'd be 15 if I'd gotten 10 years back... I'd definiely have taken high school a bit more seriously...wouldn't have gotten arrested in 2002...wouldn't have dated my first girlfriend & lastly would have gone to medical school after i was accepted, only to give it up for a chick I dated for a yr and a half because she said she couldn't wait for me...

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Tens years back...Would have started playing the guitar three years earlier... But the biggest thing I would have done...

Create Facebook and Youtube.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Hmm...  ten years ago I was in my senior year of college, about to enter law school.  I would have probably went to BU over BC Law, since they were offering me $45k more in money.  I chose the higher ranked school, only to see BU move up the rankings and eventually surpass BC.

On a sad note, I would have spent as much time as possible being good to my mother, as she only had five months left before passing away.

I wouldn't have wasted six years of my life on my ex-girlfriend.

To lighten things up, I would have put a substantial wager down on the Celtics' championship chances in 2008, when there were something like 75-to-1 odds.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
What would you do differently?

Wow..good discussion. My wife and I have these kinds of discussions from time to time. We came to the agreement that we are happy for whatever has happened to us - good or bad or otherwise. We say this because we've been married a little over 10 years now, and Any little course change prior to that time and we both agreed that we'd have Never met....

As for myself, looking back I would have loved to learn to play the Sax...maybe taken Music class in High School? I probably would've been really good at it..would've received a scholarship to attend college because of it...if I went to college I would've never joined the Navy..never met my wife.

I suppose I can still learn to play it, though.

All the other stuff I wouldn't change, because it's made me wiser, but not perfect though.

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I'm 26 now so that would put me back at age 16.

In High School I would actually take a different track than most...I would have realized my physical limitations in HS and not cared about sports.  I could have spent those countless hours of training on learning accounting/finance.  I started a lawn mowing company in HS but if I would have given it the same time effort as sports, there is no telling where it would be.  That is just an example of many different businesses that I could have started up.

In College:   I would have partied a lot more.  I partied quite a bit, but I would have partied a lot more knowing that some required Anthropology class would be a waste of money and time for a Financial Advisor.  I could have spent less time preparing for an exam trying to get an A, and partied more and taken the B.

Post college:  I wouldn't change anything.  Married a wonderful gal.  I work for myself in a great career.  Great friends.

So maybe I wouldn't change anything.  If I worked all that time at my lawn business and didn't play sports I might not have hung out with the same people and ended up in a different fraternity or no fraternity at all.  I met my wife at the fraternity house.  Met most all of my good friends at the fraternity house. 

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I would move to someplace WARM!

I would put every bit of my energies into my music, (and very little else), instead of trying to please others by being something that I wasn't meant to be.

I would spend more time on the ocean sailing ... just me and the sea.

I would invest in a very large telescope.

I would make the most of every moment spent with my loved ones who have passed away, and seek out more time with them.

I would not waste eight years of my life with a woman who values monetary gain over true abiding love.

Instead of running from the rain, I would turn my face to the heavens and feel it's sting ... and thank God for the opportunity.

I would take my best friend seriously when he told me he would kill himself if his life didn't improve.

Sorry ... can't think anymore.

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Well there are things I would change but then changing that would have subsequent consequences.  Such as, I would of gone to a cheaper undergraduate school, but if I had done that I would never have met my future wife.

I probably would have definitely spent less money on my car endeavors.  Yes it was a lot of fun having a very fast car, but looking back I'd rather have saved all that money for more important things.

Other than that I'm not the one to regret things.

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
I'd be 9 years old. (sigh)

I'd try my best to stop 9/11, but I doubt an 11 year old would be taken seriously.
I would have stayed up to watch game 4 of the '04 ALCS because I would know that I would be going to game 5 after school the next day.
Would have tried to not be as hopelessly shy around girls.
Would have gotten my dad to place $1000 on the Pats winning the Super Bowl after Bledsoe got hurt.

Other than that, I'm OK with what happened the past decade, although not everything was changeable.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I would be a billionaire.