Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 343005 times)

Re: Per Woj: Celtics & Lakers have trade talks with Pelicans
« Reply #3690 on: June 12, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
[Arye Abraham] I’m told that the Lakers contingent is irate that trade intricacies and specific names were leaked, yet again, by Pels front office. Lakers contingent believe this is being done by Pels to prop up AD’s trade value.

Lol oh horseEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. The Lakers have been the biggest leakers in all of this, starting with Klutch leaking the trade demand originally.

« Reply #3691 on: June 12, 2019, 07:21:31 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
@bobbymarks42
Boston is still not allowed to do a Davis trade until after July 1 because of the Designated Rookie Extension Rule. Kyrie Irving is not a free agent until June 30 @ 6PM EST. Both sides can negotiate a framework of a deal and verbally agree

can this "framework" mean that you can choose Pelicans picks (14,20,22) on draft night?

They can agree on whatever they want.

This deal ain't getting done without Tatum in the package.

Holding out on Tatum is just playing hardball OR Ainge isn't serious about making a deal happen unless it's a super favorable one for the Celts.

Yeah I don't see anyway AD gets traded to the C's without Tatum in the deal. NOLA knows who they want and if they don't get it they'll just take the godfather offer the Lakers will throw at them. Lakers are truly the desperate ones in this whole thing.

What if they like Brown more than any player the Lakers have?

Then Ainge just swindled another GM.

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(latest rumor page 202)
« Reply #3692 on: June 12, 2019, 07:22:27 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I know we're just operating off of whats being reported right now, but id temper your excitement about the possibility of making the trade without including Tatum.

i would think Danny is holding him out as the trump card at this point.  The Lakers are going to include Kuzma at some point and the Pels are going to go back to Danny looking for him to up his offer.

I think its cause he isnt going to give up Tatum for one year of AD period.

Agreed. DA isn't giving up Tatum and Brown for MAYBE a AD resign.

I'm sure this has been brought up to NOLA.

If LA dumps all their assets for AD, fine by me. Rather roll with the young guys than not have any.

« Reply #3693 on: June 12, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I know we're just operating off of whats being reported right now, but id temper your excitement about the possibility of making the trade without including Tatum.

i would think Danny is holding him out as the trump card at this point.  The Lakers are going to include Kuzma at some point and the Pels are going to go back to Danny looking for him to up his offer.

If LA dumps all their assets for AD, fine by me. Rather roll with the young guys than not have any.

im right there with you guys, but what we all want and would do and what dannys wants and would do are two different things

i bet Ainge willing to include either Brown or Tatum in the deal but not both.  He would prefer it to be Brown, which is why hes the only name we're hearing

but your guess is as good as mine
Greg

« Reply #3694 on: June 12, 2019, 07:28:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #3695 on: June 12, 2019, 07:28:16 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

im right there with you guys, but what we all want and would do and what dannys wants and would do are two different things

i bet Ainge willing to include either Brown or Tatum in the deal but not both.  He would prefer it to be Brown, which is why hes the only name we're hearing

but your guess is as good as mine

I am confident he would want to include Brown cause Brown spoke out against Kyrie this past season, and Kyrie is close with Tatum.

So better chance in keeping Kyrie if we add Davis and jettison Brown and especially Rozier

« Reply #3696 on: June 12, 2019, 07:30:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
https://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba/status/1138899357502017542?s=21

Kevin O’Connor comparing this situation to the KG situation when his agent originally said that KG wouldn’t play here either. How’d that one work out again?

People need to stop listening to Mr. Loudmouth Klutch and realize that this is play-for-play what happens every single time that a star is dealt.

« Reply #3697 on: June 12, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

https://twitter.com/arye_abraham/status/1138945965971296256?s=21

The Lakers brass, including Kurt Rambis, have spent the afternoon placing phone calls across the league to gauge interest for their #4 pick. They have been presented the opportunity to trade down - although this is not quite what they’ve been looking for, sources say.

« Reply #3698 on: June 12, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
When/if Tatum is on the table how do you see this deal getting done?

It starts around Tatum and Smart in my eyes but what else?

« Reply #3699 on: June 12, 2019, 07:33:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Development:

https://twitter.com/arye_abraham/status/1138945965971296256?s=21

The Lakers brass, including Kurt Rambis, have spent the afternoon placing phone calls across the league to gauge interest for their #4 pick. They have been presented the opportunity to trade down - although this is not quite what they’ve been looking for, sources say.

« Reply #3700 on: June 12, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
When/if Tatum is on the table how do you see this deal getting done?

It starts around Tatum and Smart in my eyes but what else?

Thats what ive been saying,  i dont think danny puts tatum on the table.  If ad walks, you still have to build around tatum.   Its the only way this thing works for the celtics.   

We may just have to hope we get lucky and the pels like brown more than the lakers players.   You probably lose better picks in a brown trade tho.

« Reply #3701 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:04 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
If Ainge brings AD in he's basically swinging for the fences. If ad comes in, we don't win a championship, then ad walks next year pretty much everything he's done since trading kg and pierce is rendered meaningless.

« Reply #3702 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:23 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
https://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba/status/1138899357502017542?s=21

Kevin O’Connor comparing this situation to the KG situation when his agent originally said that KG wouldn’t play here either. How’d that one work out again?

People need to stop listening to Mr. Loudmouth Klutch and realize that this is play-for-play what happens every single time that a star is dealt.
Absurd comparison. Ainge wouldn't make the trade til he had an extension, and Garnett didn't agree to it til the Celts traded for Ray Allen. If the Celts could get those things, there'd be no disagreements. We likely aren't keeping Kyrie, and can't sign AD to an extension. He's a rental.

« Reply #3703 on: June 12, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If the Pelicans really want Tatum so much, why don't they work together to make a deal with Rozier?

That would be my condition: you can get Tatum, if you can convince Rozier to agree on a sign-and-trade.

The possibility is there. It just hurts to think that we'd be giving up Smart and Brown (whom I both like) just because of salary reasons, while we would need to re-sign Rozier to not lose even more value.

I'm keeping the duo of Smart + Brown over Rozier + Tatum without a doubt. I'd even give up an extra pick for that to happen.

« Reply #3704 on: June 12, 2019, 07:57:37 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Delete