Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 962683 times)

Fast and the Furious 6 was awesome.
« Reply #1890 on: May 28, 2013, 12:24:54 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Did you see it? the scene after the end was great and is related to tokyo drift.

Re: Fast and the Furious 6 was awesome.
« Reply #1891 on: May 28, 2013, 12:42:50 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Surprising. Usually if a series goes past 2 it starts to suck. ie: Hangover part 3. WARNING TO EVERYONE ON HERE. DO NOT SEE HANGOVER PART 3!

Re: Fast and the Furious 6 was awesome.
« Reply #1892 on: May 28, 2013, 12:45:44 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Surprising. Usually if a series goes past 2 it starts to suck. ie: Hangover part 3. WARNING TO EVERYONE ON HERE. DO NOT SEE HANGOVER PART 3!
the producer of fast and furious switched it up and saw the value of adding a storyline beginning with tokyo drift... the movie has been increasingly more popular every year since that movie because of the much richer storyline.

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1893 on: May 28, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I saw Star Trek 2 on Wednesday... or "Star Trek: Into the Darkness", I guess it's called.

Tons of fun.  Really liked it.  I never watched the old TV show or any of the old movies, but over the past month I watched the original Star Trek II, III and IV for the first time on Netflix. 

I'm glad I watched those.  This Star Trek 2 has a lot in common with Star Trek II (which apparently most fans see as the best of the original films).  For fans of the shows/movies, they'll probably get a kick out of how certain events in this alternate-universe Star Trek mirror the "prime universe"  Shatner/Nemoy version.

Non-Fans will love it as well.  Fast paced... lots of action... definitely worth seeing in the theater.
Funny thing!   ;)  We were trying to decide on what to see tonight at the theater...I said, "How about the new Star Trek?  my husband (not a blog member) said..."check the Blog to see what they think of it."  So here I am, and we will go see it tonight!  ha ha ha  Thanks LarBrd33, I am sure we will get a kick out of it.
Do let us know how you felt afterwards! There's more people depending on this thread than you know haha :D
Saw it this afternoon.  To tell you the truth, I didn't love it.  The second half was better than the first.  Did you notice, when Spock was reassigned to a new post, his new Captain introduced himself as Eugene Roddenberry?  I didn't stay for the final credits, so don't know if that was a true Hitchcock moment. 

Saw the previews of the new Superman movie.  Loved the first one with Christopher Reeve, and this one looks similar, but with more action.  Looking forward to it.   I think they said it would be released in August?  Superman is MY favorite super hero,  ;D
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #1894 on: June 03, 2013, 09:18:31 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Annie Hall. Why do people like Woody Allen again? What did people like about this movie? Doesn't seem like a good date movie but that's what it is.

« Reply #1895 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
T2. Still great.

« Reply #1896 on: June 03, 2013, 10:24:29 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Great Gatsby. Based on all the negativity surrounding it and how it is my favorite book I had super low expectations going into it.

I was pleasantly surprised and thought it was very well done. Stayed mostly true to the book, great cinematography and lighting work. Dicaprio nailed his part in my eyes, McGuire was great. Great cast, Lurhman really got the overblown aspect of the book down pretty well. It was glitzy and glamorous and over the top and thats what the book was. Also I thought it was downright hilarious.

Two criticisms: Not sure how I felt about the modernized soundtrack set to the 1920s...Partially liked it, partially thought it was ridiculous.

Wasn't a fan on the whole Nick in a ward thing.

But overall I 9 out of 10ed it.

« Reply #1897 on: June 03, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Annie Hall. Why do people like Woody Allen again? What did people like about this movie? Doesn't seem like a good date movie but that's what it is.

Take the money and run is my favorite. I thought annie hall was just ok.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #1898 on: June 08, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Perks of Being a Wallflower.  I had no expectations of this movie, but was very pleasantly surprised. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1899 on: June 08, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »

Kiorrik

Gonna watch Boondock Saints again tonight, looking forward to it already :] Think I've seen that movie about 10 times or something.

« Reply #1900 on: June 08, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Gonna watch Boondock Saints again tonight, looking forward to it already :] Think I've seen that movie about 10 times or something.
I saw that right after I started working in Boston and realized I work across the street from where some of the scenes were shot (for the outside hotel scenes).  a little weird being near places used in the movies.

« Reply #1901 on: June 08, 2013, 09:50:38 PM »

Kiorrik

I saw that right after I started working in Boston and realized I work across the street from where some of the scenes were shot (for the outside hotel scenes).  a little weird being near places used in the movies.
Ah, I know the feeling. I live in the center of Sydney, where they shot most of the Matrix.

I live next to this fountain:

No really, if you look long enough, you'll see a fountain in that picture ;)

The funny thing is, it looks like that every day; it's the central business district (Martin Place). So there's 90% people in suits walking around there :)

Google Streetview link of the place

I live in a building right behind the building to the left :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:59:29 PM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #1902 on: June 08, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
T2. Still great.

Yeh, I watched that again recently.  That was the first DVD I ever bought.  Groundbreaking in its sharpness. 

I just watched the Truman Show for the first time since I saw it in the theater.  It's amazing how much prophetic that movie has been.  Nothing that's reached that extreme, but the public's hunger for realism or reality in entertainment has indeed grown.
Yup

« Reply #1903 on: June 08, 2013, 11:22:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
AFRICAN QUEEN. what is boondock about, I might order it tonight.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:27:58 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #1904 on: June 09, 2013, 05:18:14 AM »

Kiorrik

AFRICAN QUEEN. what is boondock about, I might order it tonight.
Boondock Saints is about a bunch of regular guys taking it upon themselves to rid Boston of all criminals.

Don't doubt it, just order it. It's my go-to movie when I get visitors that feel like watching a movie and have never seen it.

MUST watch.