Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 957080 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1605 on: July 06, 2012, 01:38:17 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I watched Ted last night.

Pros: More funny than 21 jump street, Mark Wahlberg was great, its obviously from the 'Family Guy' tree of humor, and its very well cast. Really loved it, and there were three parts that had me laughing so hard I farted, coughed, and cried at the same time.

Cons: About 3/4 through the movie, the jokes stop, and its just..nothin, for like 5 minutes. It picks back up and finishes strong though.

Highly recommend it.

Also, Magic Mike was playing at the same mmovie theater. The line went out the door and around the corner, and sold out with probably 50-75 women left wanting.

And they were not pleased. And they did not find my jokes about Channing Tatum to be hilarious, nor my calls of 'Wait, they've got 2 more tickets!'

Hoot!  IP, you are lucky if you are walking without crutches today. ;)  Magic Mike is the main topic of conversation among the ladies(?)  in my over 55 community.  Unfortunately (? again) I have not seen it.... :o
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #1606 on: July 06, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I watched Ted last night.

there were three parts that had me laughing so hard I farted, coughed, and cried at the same time.

This takes some serious talent.  I applaud you.
Yup

« Reply #1607 on: July 06, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Watched, "The Change Up" last night thinking it would be a romantic comedy.  The Girlfriends parents were in town.  Definitely not a Romantic comedy.  Pretty funny but some awkward moments.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1608 on: July 06, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
In the last week I have seen Ted and The Amazing Spider-Man in the theater and 21 Jump Street and Grown Ups on tv.

Ted is very funny, but you definitely need to be into the Family Guy, SOuthpark esque humor or you won't like it.  The fight scene between Marky Mark and Ted is hilarious.

The Amazing Spider-Man was awesome.  Best movie I've seen in a long time.  Loved the acting, directing, plot, and the effects were pretty sweet.  Even the Lizard looked good.  Definitely liked it more than The Avengers, which surprised me a lot. 

21 Jump Street was a pretty solid overall comedy.  The scene in the bathroom stall is one of the funniest scenes I've seen in a movie ever.  Both my wife and I were laughing so hard our faces hurt and we both nearly fell off the couch.  Rest of the movie was pretty solid and the Johnny Depp cameo was awesome.

Grown Ups was what you think it would be, but overall just an ok comedy.  Nothing that had you really rolling, but overall a solid comedy worth checking out.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1609 on: July 06, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
The Departed. One of my favorite movies and even though he's a Laker fan I have to say, Jack is great in it.

« Reply #1610 on: July 06, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Two movies starring 50 cent "All thing's fall apart" and "Before I self destruct". I don't think he's much of an actor, but he lost a lot of weight to play a football player turned terminal cancer patient in all things fall apart, that's commitment. Before I self destruct is a typical straight to dvd type "hood" movie, it was decent i liked it. Model/Actress Sasha Delvalle (plays princess in Before I self destruct) is very attractive... I mean very very VERY attractive... Anyways back on top, two decent time killers not the greatest acting, but I enjoyable.

« Reply #1611 on: July 06, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Saw Memento on Netflix last night. Mind-blowing.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #1612 on: July 06, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  Tobe Hoopers masterpiece.

« Reply #1613 on: July 06, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Just got back from The Amazing spiderman, and it was :)

« Reply #1614 on: July 06, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

That is a crazy one.
Yup

« Reply #1615 on: July 06, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Went to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire hunter last Friday. got there and it was PACKED!!! We were trying to figure out what was going on.

Then we looked at the line, girl, girl,girl,girl,guy,girl,girl,girl,etc, Freaking MAGIC MIKE!

It was funny that some of the woman actually dressed up for the movie, And I mean like they were going to an actual strip club dress up.

One of the workers asked if we were in line for MM, and I replied, "no, were here for Abe Lincoln, you know the movie with a plot line and a more believable story line"...The claws came out after that, I think one of them actually hissed at me... 

Movie was good, not epic, but fun, really cool how they used historical events to tie things in.

Tomorrow, AMAZING SPIDERMAN! When this first was announced I wasn't big one it, but its looking better and better every day, can't wait!

« Reply #1616 on: July 06, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Went to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire hunter last Friday. got there and it was PACKED!!! We were trying to figure out what was going on.

Then we looked at the line, girl, girl,girl,girl,guy,girl,girl,girl,etc, Freaking MAGIC MIKE!

It was funny that some of the woman actually dressed up for the movie, And I mean like they were going to an actual strip club dress up.

One of the workers asked if we were in line for MM, and I replied, "no, were here for Abe Lincoln, you know the movie with a plot line and a more believable story line"...The claws came out after that, I think one of them actually hissed at me... 

Movie was good, not epic, but fun, really cool how they used historical events to tie things in.

Tomorrow, AMAZING SPIDERMAN! When this first was announced I wasn't big one it, but its looking better and better every day, can't wait!

Good story.  I felt exactly the same about Abe movie.
Yup

« Reply #1617 on: July 06, 2012, 05:30:20 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

That is a crazy one.

I think I watched the memento wrong, I think I was distracted/multi-tasking when I did. The movie was just ok to me.

« Reply #1618 on: July 08, 2012, 12:16:54 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  Tobe Hoopers masterpiece.

Best horror movie ever made.

« Reply #1619 on: July 20, 2012, 01:56:41 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Just watched 'Half Nelson' last night. Surprisingly good movie. Didn't know Ryan Gosling is that good of an actor.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6