Author Topic: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.  (Read 29304 times)

Re: Sheridan: Lebron is returning to Cleveland.
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
With Irving and Love playing terrible defense, i don't think the Cavs title chances would be much higher than the Heat's chances if the trio of Bosh Wade and James return.

Bosh is a really good fit for James. If you need low post offense for a quarter, Bosh can do that. If you need 3 point shooting to space the floor, Bosh can do that. If you need defense played on the opponent's best big, Bosh can do that. If you need a player that can float between power forward and center depending on if you are playing big or small, Bosh can do that.

Love can rebound, and i will be curious to know if he can still be a monster rebounder when he has to exert energy on defense.

No matter where James goes, his team will be favored to make the finals. He is just that good.

In the end all this mulling about leaving is because James thinks Wade is not good enough to be Robin. Wade is more like Aquaman or something.

"Go talk to the fish wade, i am taking my talents to Cleveland."

I do get the idea that James wants to build a business empire for himself in Cleveland. That's cool.

Not to be a jerk, but there are quite a number of teams that would not be favorites to go to the finals with Lebron. If he signed with the Jazz, Orlando, Philly, Denver, Celtics (unfortunately) or the Bucks for example they would probably be 5 seeds at best. The whole point proven by his career so far has been that he isn't good enough to win on his own...

I partly disagree. LeBron took a bunch of schlubs to the Finals in '07, and he's a better player now, so I really believe he could take any team to contender status by himself.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2014, 02:53:24 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
With Irving and Love playing terrible defense, i don't think the Cavs title chances would be much higher than the Heat's chances if the trio of Bosh Wade and James return.

Bosh is a really good fit for James. If you need low post offense for a quarter, Bosh can do that. If you need 3 point shooting to space the floor, Bosh can do that. If you need defense played on the opponent's best big, Bosh can do that. If you need a player that can float between power forward and center depending on if you are playing big or small, Bosh can do that.

Love can rebound, and i will be curious to know if he can still be a monster rebounder when he has to exert energy on defense.

No matter where James goes, his team will be favored to make the finals. He is just that good.

In the end all this mulling about leaving is because James thinks Wade is not good enough to be Robin. Wade is more like Aquaman or something.

I do get the idea that James wants to build a business empire for himself in Cleveland. That's cool.

Not to be a jerk, but there are quite a number of teams that would not be favorites to go to the finals with Lebron. If he signed with the Jazz, Orlando, Philly, Denver, Celtics (unfortunately) or the Bucks for example they would probably be 5 seeds at best. The whole point proven by his career so far has been that he isn't good enough to win on his own...

I partly disagree. LeBron took a bunch of schlubs to the Finals in '07, and he's a better player now, so I really believe he could take any team to contender status by himself.

Yeah honestly LeBron took those terrible Cav teams as far as any individual player could. No one won the entire thing on their own. I get the general distaste for LeBron on this blog, hes good and hes not on our team. However, when we make these kinds of statements it makes us look like uneducated scrubs spewing the latest nonsense from ESPN. He's the undisputed best player of his generation, time to move on from the "LeBron can't get it done" talk, he has won 1 more than we have recently.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2014, 02:54:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
He's also allegedly supposed to make an announcement in roughly 5 minutes
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2014, 03:01:03 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
He's also allegedly supposed to make an announcement in roughly 5 minutes

Where do you see anything like that?  Or do you just mean today?

« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
https://twitter.com/PhilTrexler

Bath police to increase patrols around LBJ's home after 3 p. when annoucement is expected "tonight." #KingJames

Dude's a reporter for the Akron Beacon.

Which, I guess, means 3 PM onward into the evening.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2014, 03:09:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA
Cavs pressed Celtics/Nets officials to complete paperwork on 3-way trade in last hour, needed it done "immediately." Cap space is clear now.

« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2014, 03:10:05 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA
Cavs pressed Celtics/Nets officials to complete paperwork on 3-way trade in last hour, needed it done "immediately." Cap space is clear now.
beat me to it - -must mean Bron to Cleveland

« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2014, 03:11:21 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Yeah honestly LeBron took those terrible Cav teams as far as any individual player could.

I also think LeBron did as much as he could with those teams in Cleveland, except for that last year.  They weren't terrible, though.  They just weren't good enough.

Mike

« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Yeah honestly LeBron took those terrible Cav teams as far as any individual player could. No one won the entire thing on their own. I get the general distaste for LeBron on this blog, hes good and hes not on our team. However, when we make these kinds of statements it makes us look like uneducated scrubs spewing the latest nonsense from ESPN. He's the undisputed best player of his generation, time to move on from the "LeBron can't get it done" talk, he has won 1 more than we have recently.

I am pretty sure what I said is a fact rather than an opinion. If Lebron signed with the Bucks or Jazz right now (some of the others are more debatable) they would not be favored to finish any more than about 4th in their conference. That would be based on statistical predictor models, linesmakers etc.

« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Mo Williams might as well go back to Cleveland and rejoin LeBron lol.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/report-trail-blazers-signing-steve-blake/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Might as well speculate on Carlos Boozer being interested in rejoining Lebron in Cleveland if he is amnestied by Chicago.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2014, 03:15:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Mo Williams might as well go back to Cleveland and rejoin LeBron lol.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/report-trail-blazers-signing-steve-blake/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Might as well speculate on Carlos Boozer being interested in rejoining Lebron in Cleveland if he is amnestied by Chicago.

If Chicago misses on Melo, one has to wonder if they'll amnesty Boozer at all.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Bath police to increase patrols around LBJ's home after 3 p. when annoucement is expected "tonight." #KingJames

To play Devil's advocate, could mean he doesn't want his home in Akron looted if he decides to stay in Miami.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

To play Devil's advocate, could mean he doesn't want his home in Akron looted if he decides to stay in Miami.

I've said the same thing in this thread.