Author Topic: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"  (Read 407443 times)

Re: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"
« Reply #1260 on: August 08, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I have three teams competing for the bottom two spots in the East - New York, Orlando, Cleveland. Not leaning one way or the other right now.

In the West, I also have four teams competing for the final two spots -- GSW, New Orleans, Denver and Oklahoma City. Pretty sure I am going to have New Orleans in there. That leaves three teams. Still leaning towards Golden State as my eight seed.

I think a strong argument could be made that whichever two teams miss out in the West, they'll be stronger than the final two teams who make it into the playoffs in the East.

Who - just a curious question:

How can you have those teams you listed out west in the bottom tier when your team has Asik, Zach (coming back from injury, and clearly not himself in the playoffs), AK47, Diaw and Koufus up front?

I like your frontline there, but I'd give my foursome a bit of an edge.

Would you feel comfortable playing either Asik or Koufous on KG/Zaza? I can see that in a match of Bigs, Boozer can guard Asik on defense, and pull him out of the paint on offense.

KG vs Zach? Post him up, or again - pull him out on the perimeter.

Neither Zach or Asik are particularly quick (as with KG and Boozer at this stage of their careers, but again I really like my shot vs your bigs.

Zach and Carlos Boozer, even with Zach healthy, is nearly a wash.

« Reply #1261 on: August 08, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, does anybody have teams other than Houston, San Antonio, Philadelphia, and Miami in their bottom two in each conference?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1262 on: August 08, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Lebron James:  First ever triple-double in the Olympics by a US player.  Zero turnovers.

OH MAN! THE OLYMPICS! If I had known we were playing fiba rules, SO and mine's team would have been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo different.

Sorry, it wouldn't have worked.  Edgar beat you to the "Draft The Best Player In The World" strategy.

He drafted Cleveland Lebron. This game just got soooooo much easier.

« Reply #1263 on: August 08, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Lebron James:  First ever triple-double in the Olympics by a US player.  Zero turnovers.

OH MAN! THE OLYMPICS! If I had known we were playing fiba rules, SO and mine's team would have been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo different.

Sorry, it wouldn't have worked.  Edgar beat you to the "Draft The Best Player In The World" strategy.

Luckily, he doesn't have to go up against any defenders remotely as good as 2008 KG.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1264 on: August 08, 2012, 09:02:18 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Luckily, he doesn't have to go up against any defenders remotely as good as 2008 KG.

« Reply #1265 on: August 08, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I have three teams competing for the bottom two spots in the East - New York, Orlando, Cleveland. Not leaning one way or the other right now.

In the West, I also have four teams competing for the final two spots -- GSW, New Orleans, Denver and Oklahoma City. Pretty sure I am going to have New Orleans in there. That leaves three teams. Still leaning towards Golden State as my eight seed.

I think a strong argument could be made that whichever two teams miss out in the West, they'll be stronger than the final two teams who make it into the playoffs in the East.

How can you have those teams you listed out west in the bottom tier when your team has Asik, Zach (coming back from injury, and clearly not himself in the playoffs), AK47, Diaw and Koufus up front?

Would you feel comfortable playing either Asik or Koufous on KG/Zaza? I can see that in a match of Bigs, Boozer can guard Asik on defense, and pull him out of the paint on offense.

Neither Zach or Asik are particularly quick (as with KG and Boozer at this stage of their careers, but again I really like my shot vs your bigs.

I don't think Denver has enough top tier talent.

There is only player in the Nuggets starting lineup that I would consider an above average starter (KG = 2nd best center). I have Conley around 15th, Ariza too and Boozer. I consider OJ Mayo a liability because he cannot defend or rebound his position.

I am one of those people who has gradually lost a lot of confidence in Boozer over the last two years. I no longer consider him a star talent. More of a highly skilled offensive orientated role player.

I think the Nuggets bench is lacking. I don't think they have any high level bench players. I think Zaza is the only above average bench player. Then 2-3 average bench players in Korver, Speights and Neal. And Nate Rob as below average.

There isn't enough high level talent or depth there for me to put Denver higher.

« Reply #1266 on: August 08, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I don't think Denver has enough top tier talent. There is only player in your starting lineup that I would consider an above average starter (KG = 2nd best center).

I don't think KG has enough help.

So would you consider Zach (the way he looked late last season), Deron (40% FG, 33% from deep) in perhaps his worse season shooting, I think), Asik and Hayward top tier?

I think the argument can be made for Deron - when he is engaged.

And you believe that Hayward would be able to defend OJ? I like your wings, but I'd give my wings the slight edge as far as quickness and defense.

« Reply #1267 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Lebron's career numbers in games Tony Allen appears in:

32.2 points, 7.1 rebounds, 7.2 assist, 2.4 steals, 1.4 blocks, 37.5% 3PT%, 50.8% FG%

That defense hasn't exactly been KG-like.

« Reply #1268 on: August 08, 2012, 09:16:17 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
For me (and in this format), I think "Top Tier" help is pick and choose.

Take for instance, Mike Conley - he is easily a top 8 PG in the league and would probably put up better numbers on a different team.

Lionel Hollins clearly favors Rudy-Marc-Zach as their Big Three. But even with that, Mike Conley is perhaps the most complete PG out there, and a very good shooter from deep and from the field - as well as a great defender (2.2 steals last season - tops among PGs I believe.

« Reply #1269 on: August 08, 2012, 09:17:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I don't think Denver has enough top tier talent. There is only player in your starting lineup that I would consider an above average starter (KG = 2nd best center).

I don't think KG has enough help.

So would you consider Zach (the way he looked late last season), Deron (40% FG, 33% from deep) in perhaps his worse season shooting, I think), Asik and Hayward top tier?

I think the argument can be made for Deron - when he is engaged.

And you believe that Hayward would be able to defend OJ? I like your wings, but I'd give my wings the slight edge as far as quickness and defense.
Not Asik (solid starter, not a high level talent). Hayward is debatable. I think Hayward will established himself as a top ten SG next season although he has not done so yet.

I consider Deron Williams a top five PG. Zach Randolph a borderline top five PF. Gallinari as a top ten SF.

I think my bench has 2 arguably 3 high level bench players in Kirilenko, Stuckey and (arguably) JJ Redick. An above average one in Ronnie Brewer. And an average backup center in Koufos. Plus - Boris Diaw, Anthony Morrow and Will Bynum. I think the bench is one of the strongest in the league.

Note: Sorry, I edited my previous response above. I am not sure if you saw that. You replied to my first version. I just added to that. Just in case you didn't see it. To explain further.

« Reply #1270 on: August 08, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

32.2 points, 7.1 rebounds, 7.2 assist, 2.4 steals, 1.4 blocks, 37.5% 3PT%, 50.8% FG%

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a lot of those games KG was in also...

« Reply #1271 on: August 08, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
For me (and in this format), I think "Top Tier" help is pick and choose.

Take for instance, Mike Conley - he is easily a top 8 PG in the league and would probably put up better numbers on a different team.

Lionel Hollins clearly favors Rudy-Marc-Zach as their Big Three. But even with that, Mike Conley is perhaps the most complete PG out there, and a very good shooter from deep and from the field - as well as a great defender (2.2 steals last season - tops among PGs I believe.

What type of increased production are you expecting from Mike Conley?

« Reply #1272 on: August 08, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a lot of those games KG was in also...

Yeah, but lucky for the Celts, Mike Brown was too stupid to play Lebron at PF, so KG wasn't covering him.

« Reply #1273 on: August 08, 2012, 09:26:46 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

You're playing him at PF?

« Reply #1274 on: August 08, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm having a terrible time ranking the West, but I think I've come to a conclusion for my top 8 in the East, not counting my bulls.

1)Detroit
2) Indiana
3) Atlanta
4) Boston
5) Washington
6) New York
7) Cleveland
8) Orlando
9) Brooklyn
10) Philadelphia/Miami

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner