Author Topic: Pacers (30-25) at Celtics (40-16) Game #57 2/9/18  (Read 17760 times)

Re: Pacers (30-25) at Celtics (40-16) Game #57 2/9/18
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2018, 10:23:07 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Brad's a good coach defensively, but he's flat out an awful offensive coach. He simply can't allow Morris and Rozier to keep jacking up shots no matter how many they miss while Jaylen and Jayson stand and watch. Simply unacceptable. I'm beginning to believe he's peaked.

small.

lineups.

suck.

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2018, 10:41:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Brad's a good coach defensively, but he's flat out an awful offensive coach. He simply can't allow Morris and Rozier to keep jacking up shots no matter how many they miss while Jaylen and Jayson stand and watch. Simply unacceptable. I'm beginning to believe he's peaked.

small.

lineups.

suck.

A lot of people oddly think the Celtics should play more small lineups and ditch the bigger lineups altogether.

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2018, 10:43:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Please beat Cleveland

Please play with energy and effort

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2018, 10:52:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Gave this game away because we just  had to hot dog it with dumb threes in crunch time. Disappointing.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2018, 11:12:16 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Gave this game away because we just  had to hot dog it with dumb threes in crunch time. Disappointing.

Can’t come out in the first half and get down 26 because you are going through the motions

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2018, 11:21:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Can’t come out in the first half and get down 26 because you are going through the motions
No, but after you've closed the gap to two, whether you were down or not is irrelevant. In a two-point game, the Celtics decided to take heat checks and bad shots, and generally ran around like headless chickens on offense. It's a miracle my TV survived when we passed over a 3-on-1 fast break to opt for two Rozier three-pointers.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2018, 11:25:37 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

small.

lineups.

suck.

A lot of people oddly think the Celtics should play more small lineups and ditch the bigger lineups altogether.

Which is weird considering their best lineups are with Horford and Baynes.  That's why they signed Monroe and not another guard.

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2018, 11:59:20 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Let me get my oven mitts on again for that take.

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2018, 12:09:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

There isn't anything particularly hot about that take. Brad S has consistently failed to exploit opponent weaknesses, failed to call timely TOs, and is generally running an offense that doesn't look particularly adept at getting a good shot when it needs one.

« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2018, 08:31:04 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It seems like teams have a new strategy on defending Kyrie and it seems to work. They are attacking him out high and double teaming off screens, being physical with him and he still tries to dribble like Marcus Haynes around them and often times is turned over or results in a desperation shot.

Last night the Alpha Dog Oladipo kicked our butts hitting outside shots, dunking on us, 5 steals - it was just an all star performance.

Our offense could not get going. There was no flow to it, no spacing or swinging the ball. When I see Baynes shooting 3s I should probably stop watching at that point because he is o Amir Johnson.

I'm sorry but Nader is horrible. They really need to keep him out of the rotation.

We have to stop digging the 20+ point deficits by halftime. We can't come back from them all. They play pretty poorly at home lately. What's the deal?

We HAVE to play better tomorrow - much better.

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2018, 09:33:35 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

There isn't anything particularly hot about that take. Brad S has consistently failed to exploit opponent weaknesses, failed to call timely TOs, and is generally running an offense that doesn't look particularly adept at getting a good shot when it needs one.

Looks like we have a double oven.

« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2018, 10:22:54 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Looks like we have a double oven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84mq7YuBIAU

« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2018, 10:59:29 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Yeah, I don’t think you know what a “hot take” is....

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2018, 11:06:44 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

small.

lineups.

suck.

They are terrible. The East is still a big conference. The top teams still play huge. Jonas V, Polish Hammer, Turner, Embiid. We trot 5 SFs out there and chuck threes..

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2018, 11:08:16 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
More “Brad-pologism” after last night’s game, I see. It’s becoming so commonplace around here that it probably deserves its own Wiki entry:

“Brad-pologism - an irrational defense mechanism of Celtics fans to protect their fabled coach from any sort of criticism, regardless of those critiques’ merit. This behavior usually occurs within the subsequent 24 hours of Celtics losses that Stevens’ decision-making is called into question, specifically surrounding rotation decisions and timeout and offensive set calling.”