Author Topic: I cant wait for the Cs to get rid of JT....  (Read 9319 times)

Re: I cant wait for the Cs to get rid of JT....
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 07:26:03 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
He's the biggest waste of cash since Jeff Green, and he makes it so much worse with his mouth. That he tatoo'd the Cs to his body b4 ever wearing the uniform, and since disgracing it, is a 'dang' shame....

I hope he's gone AFAP.
What would you expect back for him?

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Ugh I've been pointing this out all year.

Terry this year:  44% shooting, 37% from 3, 86% FT, 1.7 TO per 36

Terry last 3 years:  44% shooting, 37% from 3, 86% FT, 2 TO per 36

And he's only making .2 less 3s per game.  The only difference is that he's being given less pick and rolls and doesn't have a teammate who draws double teams.

He's the exact same - extremely streaky - basketball player.  Apparently people can't differentiate between highlight reels and actual play.  They prefer to find scapegoats and focus on the bad like Tony Allen, Bass, Rasheed, etc.

I don't understand who you think you're calling out by citing Terry's mediocre stats, past and present. The whole point of the post is that Terry is overrated. Congrats on reaching the same conclusion.
I was talking to everyone who says Jason Terry fell off a cliff and has been a huge under-performing disappointment, but now I'm just talking to you.  Being the 6th man of the year and the closer on a title winning team is overrated?  Be serious.  He was an elite 6th man.  The guy shot 48% and 44% from 3 in the playoffs.

I've heard more than too many people complaining about Terry missing shots and looking like he's starting to get old, but you're definitely the first to call him a mediocre bench player for Dallas.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

And he's only making .2 less 3s per game.  The only difference is that he's being given less pick and rolls and doesn't have a teammate who draws double teams.

He's the exact same - extremely streaky - basketball player.  Apparently people can't differentiate between highlight reels and actual play.  They prefer to find scapegoats and focus on the bad like Tony Allen, Bass, Rasheed, etc.

I don't understand who you think you're calling out by citing Terry's mediocre stats, past and present. The whole point of the post is that Terry is overrated. Congrats on reaching the same conclusion.
I was talking to everyone who says Jason Terry fell off a cliff and has been a huge under-performing disappointment, but now I'm just talking to you.  Being the 6th man of the year and the closer on a title winning team is overrated?  Be serious.  He was an elite 6th man.  The guy shot 48% and 44% from 3 in the playoffs.

I've heard more than too many people complaining about Terry missing shots and looking like he's starting to get old, but you're definitely the first to call him a mediocre bench player for Dallas.
He's been terrible this year. Mavs were smart to let him go.

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 02:02:51 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

He's been terrible this year. Mavs were smart to let him go.

He's performed about how I thought he would - he's past his prime, everyone knew that.

If we'd stayed healthy and were primed for a deep playoff run, I think he'd be a valuable part of the team.

He has playoff experience, and will take and make big shots. For a team that struggled the last few years with end-of-game offense, that could have made a big difference.

On the current mediocre and depleted version of the C's, he doesn't add much. But I don't think that's his fault.

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
JET's been decent but I still think we shouldn't judge him until we see how well he plays in the Playoffs. His shooting is really not that bad.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
JET's been decent but I still think we shouldn't judge him until we see how well he plays in the Playoffs. His shooting is really not that bad.

Yeah, Terry's value will show in the playoffs.

How he performs in the postseason will dictate whether or not he was a good signing.

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
LOL at OP and all these CB members.

When he first tattooed the Celtics, many of you were all excited and saying all kinds of positive things about JET.

Now, just because he hasn't been doing well, you same people start saying that he was stupid and the whole tattoo was stupid and that he didn't have to do it.

Seriously, you people need to make up your mind and stick by it. How hard is it to stick by your words?

Make a decision and stick by it. You people change your minds after every game.

As for JET not doing well, most of  the team has been doing awful all year. There is no need to single out JET for that.

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 03:08:11 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

When he first tattooed the Celtics, many of you were all excited and saying all kinds of positive things about JET.

Now, just because he hasn't been doing well, you same people start saying that he was stupid and the whole tattoo was stupid and that he didn't have to do it.

Seriously, you people need to make up your mind and stick by it. How hard is it to stick by your words?

As for JET not doing well, most of  the team has been doing awful all year. There is no need to single out JET for that.

LOL what an arrogant ignorant post..please take away a Tommy point.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I get that JET is a streaky player and when he's cold, he's cold but when he's hot, he can get hot for long, extended periods of the season, especially late in the season and playoffs.

But I haven't seen that this year. What I have seen is a guy that can get hot for periods of a game but not for periods of a season. Check his game logs, it's like he shows up big time or not at all this year and you can never be certain from game to game which JET will be there.

Of course, I am sure there are a ton of legit reasons for this but to me, I see it as a sign of age and deterioration.

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72

How is it arrogant and ignorant? Do you even know what those words mean?

JET is a scorer.

For those that have a difficulty understanding, there is a difference between a scorer and a catch-and-shoot player.

You can't just set him up and expect him to make everything.

Those who play basketball know this. Sometimes you "feel" it and sometimes you don't.

Celtics are using him as a catch-and-shoot player and that won't work.

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 03:44:35 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
He'll step up in the playoffs. I have a feeling the system will be a little different in the playoffs and he'll have the ball in his hand more. He's good at creating his own shot, which is something we've seen Very little of this year. Secret weapon perhaps?
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I get that JET is a streaky player and when he's cold, he's cold but when he's hot, he can get hot for long, extended periods of the season, especially late in the season and playoffs.

But I haven't seen that this year. What I have seen is a guy that can get hot for periods of a game but not for periods of a season. Check his game logs, it's like he shows up big time or not at all this year and you can never be certain from game to game which JET will be there.

Of course, I am sure there are a ton of legit reasons for this but to me, I see it as a sign of age and deterioration.

Terry has only four 20-point games this season, compared to 20 in 2010-2011.  With his decrease in minutes and his huge decrease in shots per minute, you're just not going to see him reel off a string of 20-point games, if that is what you're looking for, no matter how well he plays.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

How is it arrogant and ignorant? Do you even know what those words mean?

JET is a scorer.

For those that have a difficulty understanding, there is a difference between a scorer and a catch-and-shoot player.

You can't just set him up and expect him to make everything.

Those who play basketball know this. Sometimes you "feel" it and sometimes you don't.

Celtics are using him as a catch-and-shoot player and that won't work.

Jet has not been a scorer this year.  Jet has not felt it very often this year.  How many times have we hoped for Jet to hit the open shot and pull us back into a game and how many times has he delivered?  How many stupid lazy pass turn overs has Jet had this year?  How much lousy defense can he continue to play.  The kindest people on this post argue that Jet will do better come play-offs--let's hope so, right now he really shouldn't be in the rotation.

Your post was arrogant and ignorant because you called people out by saying some were happy to get Jet and should stick with that position.  Why not be honest, many liked getting Jet but he has not delivered. Your position is that people should not be honest, you admit Jet is doing awful but if a poster was happy to have acquired him you say they cannot call him on his crappy play.  You admit, yourself, that Jet is doing awful, but don't think he should be called on it because most of the team is doing awful?  Jet has not played up to what he was expected to contribute--which is in fact the subject of the post.  How someone having that opinion deserves a LOL or is subject to your derision for changing their mind, in the obvious face of Jets poor play, makes no sense.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 04:46:32 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Terry has only four 20-point games this season, compared to 20 in 2010-2011.  With his decrease in minutes and his huge decrease in shots per minute, you're just not going to see him reel off a string of 20-point games, if that is what you're looking for, no matter how well he plays.

i agree. i dont understand how ppl cant see this. they want terry to do wat he has been doin for the last few seasons, but in dallas he was gettin more minutes, and he was the second option on offense. terry isnt even the 3rd option on offense on this team. u got kg pp and jg ahead of him. ppl want terry to put up similar numbers as prior seasons despite being under harder conditions, and 1 year older. doesnt make any sense.

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 04:49:49 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Yeah, his per-minute averages in every category are nearly identical, as are his shooting percentages. It's all about fewer shots per minute, and fewer minutes overall.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/terryja01.html

The interesting thing is that he's shooting 3s at the same rate per minute - nearly all of the decline is coming from a reduction in how often he shoots 2s, and a slight reduction in FTs.

To me this says that he isn't as good as he used to be at either (a) flashing quickly to an open spot for a mid-range jumper, or (b) breaking his man down off the dribble and shooting that little pull-up jumper. Both would reflect a decline in quickness.