Author Topic: I cant wait for the Cs to get rid of JT....  (Read 9318 times)

Re: I cant wait for the Cs to get rid of JT....
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 01:19:46 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Ugh I've been pointing this out all year.

Terry this year:  44% shooting, 37% from 3, 86% FT, 1.7 TO per 36

Terry last 3 years:  44% shooting, 37% from 3, 86% FT, 2 TO per 36

And he's only making .2 less 3s per game.  The only difference is that he's being given less pick and rolls and doesn't have a teammate who draws double teams.

He's the exact same - extremely streaky - basketball player.  Apparently people can't differentiate between highlight reels and actual play.  They prefer to find scapegoats and focus on the bad like Tony Allen, Bass, Rasheed, etc.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm not a big fan of offense-only players perceived as defensive liabilities, such as Terry (or Al Jefferson).

Especially if I had known the Celtics could trade for Lee and sign Barbosa, I would have preferred to split the MLE between Stiemsma and a guard.  Maybe Stiemsma and Pietrus.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
He's the biggest waste of cash since Jeff Green, and he makes it so much worse with his mouth. That he tatoo'd the Cs to his body b4 ever wearing the uniform, and since disgracing it, is a 'dang' shame....

I hope he's gone AFAP.

I don't fully agree but at the same time I can't disagree with any of this

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 04:20:34 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

And he's only making .2 less 3s per game.  The only difference is that he's being given less pick and rolls and doesn't have a teammate who draws double teams.

He's the exact same - extremely streaky - basketball player.  Apparently people can't differentiate between highlight reels and actual play.  They prefer to find scapegoats and focus on the bad like Tony Allen, Bass, Rasheed, etc.

Yup, terry has had some bad games this year *Like everyone* and hes had some good ones. Not at all worried about terry. If he doesn't show up in the playoffs then you can bash him.

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 06:47:41 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
IMO, Terry's been a non-factor this season.

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I don't understand who you think you're calling out by citing Terry's mediocre stats, past and present. The whole point of the post is that Terry is overrated. Congrats on reaching the same conclusion.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I think Terry was brought in to play an entirely different role than he has had to take on. He was supposed to be an offensive spark for the second unit when he was hot (because it was absolutely no secret he was an extremely streaky player) and be clutch at the end of games (where he has been consistent).

Instead he has been expected to shoulder a lot more of the load due to some key injuries.

Yes his production might not be at the level that most people wanted out of him, but part of that was people with too high expectations and the other is his streaky play getting more noticed because he is in a more prominent role.

I don't think its time to cut ties. I'd like to see him operate next year in our offense at full strength. And if thats not working he is still going to be a fairly moveable and desirable trade commodity due to his late game heroics/ability to turn it up a notch in the playoffs and veteran savy/leadership. 

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 08:25:32 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Wasn't thrilled with the Jet signing when it happened, and still feel the same. I thought picking up a guy his age was not a step in the right direction, especially for multiple years. Can't believe we missed out on Jamal Crawford in lieu of chasing Ray, and JT. Oh well. I'm sure he'll win us a game or two in the playoffs.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
i was happy about the signing, but I been unimpressed so far with his on court performance.

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2013, 10:17:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wasn't thrilled with the Jet signing when it happened, and still feel the same. I thought picking up a guy his age was not a step in the right direction, especially for multiple years. Can't believe we missed out on Jamal Crawford in lieu of chasing Ray, and JT. Oh well. I'm sure he'll win us a game or two in the playoffs.
JET is too old for the MLE but Jamal Crawford who is only 2 years younger is okay for the MLE even though JET has had much better seasons over the last 2 years?

Seems more like Monday Morning QBing to me!!

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 12:01:05 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I was also not at all pleased with the Jason Terry signing. Just a very poor fit for this team.

Off the court he seems to be a great guy but on the court has been very disappointing. Part of the reason he's been able to maintain his shooting percentages is due to several games where he's just put up one or two shots per half.

Sorry but a 3/4 week period of decent play with a handful of OK games apart from that just isn't good enough from the team's major off season acquisition.

3 years is simply too much for someone like JET at this stage. We'll see how he goes in the Playoffs.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 12:42:04 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I wan't to see Terry play in the playoffs first before I judge him.

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 01:36:29 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I wan't to see Terry play in the playoffs first before I judge him.

Agreed. We signed him to make BIG shots.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 02:13:13 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Lol can't wait for the C's to get rid of Doc Rivers as well.

Wait a second...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 06:19:49 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I can wait ... especially until after the playoffs. That's his bread and butter, and I want to see him in that situation before making any final judgements on him staying or not.

I love his positive energy, his veteran role as a mentor and class act, his big shot ability, (who else do we have in that role, other than Paul and Crawford?).

His numbers are down a bit because more is expected of him than when he was in Dallas, especially at the defensive end ... I want to see him get comfortable in this new role, and I think the numbers will go back up.

Too many pros right now to cut him loose, and really not quite enough time to assess him fairly. Let's see at the end of the playoffs where he stands.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *