Author Topic: Portland Acquires Camby from the Clippers  (Read 9107 times)

Re: Portland Acquires Camby from the Clippers
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 10:19:41 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Funniest aspect to this trade is that Bucher posted that it was official last night before it was actually done. It was funny seeing him backtrack.

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 10:20:12 AM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Yeah I'm familiar with his exploits at UMass what point that makes is beyond me.  If by reversal you mean one is talented, on the rise, and young the other isn't any of those then yes complete reversal.

Where points are marred by playing a very fast pace - compared to the Celtics, who play a very slow one.  That will actually be one of the interesting parts of Camby in PDX if it goes down - Portland plays the slowest tempo in the league.  A typical Warrior would probably average 13 a game for the Blazers, maybe less since they'd be forced to pass the ball once in a while.  

You don't believe in this pace stuff do you? I mean seriously anyone thinking that Ellis would score 13 pts on Portland due to ' Pace ' really needs watch a few GS games. 

I really don't mean to offend you but, that's as nice as can state it.

Well, I think he would score 13 points (or less) on Portland, but that has more to do with Cheek's inability to make a decision on lineups, so he would probably be playing averaging 20 minutes per game (5 minutes in one game, 38 in the next, rinse and repeat).

Fortunately Nate McMillan is their coach

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 10:20:59 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Yeah I'm familiar with his exploits at UMass what point that makes is beyond me.  If by reversal you mean one is talented, on the rise, and young the other isn't any of those then yes complete reversal.

Where points are marred by playing a very fast pace - compared to the Celtics, who play a very slow one.  That will actually be one of the interesting parts of Camby in PDX if it goes down - Portland plays the slowest tempo in the league.  A typical Warrior would probably average 13 a game for the Blazers, maybe less since they'd be forced to pass the ball once in a while.  

You don't believe in this pace stuff do you? I mean seriously anyone thinking that Ellis would score 13 pts on Portland due to ' Pace ' really needs watch a few GS games. 

Well, I think he would score 13 points (or less) on Portland, but that has more to do with Cheek's inability to make a decision on lineups, so he would probably be playing averaging 20 minutes per game (5 minutes in one game, 38 in the next, rinse and repeat).

Fortunately Nate McMillan is their coach

Oops, I meant McMillan. 

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 10:24:47 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

I doubt it in fact he would instantly be the most talented player on their roster even McMillian (overrated as well) would be able to see it.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The early timing on this gives me pause.

One, Camby can complicate things by refusing to report to Portland. And reports indicate, as others have noted, that he is unhappy with the prospect of leaving LA. So perhaps Portland needs the extra time to determine whether Camby would indeed agree to the deal.

Two, and perhaps more importantly for us, is that it gives other teams time to approach the Clippers for one or both of their new players. A third team could get involved, or, either Blake or Outlaw could be acquired in a follow-up deal.

There are all sorts of permutations by which our smaller expiring contracts could net us Blake, Outlaw, or both. And if LA's only concern is to wind up with expiring contracts for Camby, I hope Danny would make a call to the Clips and see what could be done.

Acquiring Outlaw's Bird Rights would be a nice coup, I think. And Blake is a solid backup point guard.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague