Author Topic: Amare Stoudamire doesnt want to play for Cavs unless he gets extension (rumor)  (Read 2412 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64724/20100215/source_amare_does_not_want_to_play_in_cleveland/

According to a source, Amar'e Stoudemire has et it be known that he does not want to play in Cleveland The news was passed along to the Cavs who are now going in another direction. Over the weekend, the Cavs and Suns appeared close to a trade that would send Stoudemire to Cleeveland.

But the deal might not be completely dead yet. One key factor that could change Stoudemire's mind is if the Cavs make Stoudemire an offer to extend his contract. He is believed to be seeking $60 million over three years Note: Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Deale

This is a no brainer for cleveland right? You gotta keep Lebron happy. 20 mil a year is probably more than he's worth especially with the salaries cap dropping a lot in a few years.

What do the cavs do ?

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I just read on ESPN that Corey Maggette has made it onto Cleveland's list of fallback options.

The Cleve's wishlist now reads:
Plan A: Stat
Plan B: Troy Murphy
Plan C: Jamison
Plan D: Maggette

At this point, it seems that Stat wants to go to MIA and PHO will try to accommodate that if MIA can pull in a 3rd team. With that said, I def think they come out on the other side of the deadline with one of their targets.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I just read on ESPN that Corey Maggette has made it onto Cleveland's list of fallback options.

The Cleve's wishlist now reads:
Plan A: Stat
Plan B: Troy Murphy
Plan C: Jamison
Plan D: Maggette

At this point, it seems that Stat wants to go to MIA and PHO will try to accommodate that if MIA can pull in a 3rd team. With that said, I def think they come out on the other side of the deadline with one of their targets.

I was watching ESPN and Ric Bucher said the Cavs and Wiz already have a deal in place that would send Hickson and Big Z to wiz for Jamison if the Stoudamire trade falls through

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Offer $17.5 million a year over three seasons and call it a deal.

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Why would he want an extension? Isn't it WAYY smarter to enter free agency? What if he gets stuck there without LeBron....  ???

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Why would he want an extension? Isn't it WAYY smarter to enter free agency? What if he gets stuck there without LeBron....  ???

Hmmm we'll maybe he doesn't, I missed this

Note: Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer refutes the report and says that Stoudemire has made no such statement

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Frustrated Basketball Engineer says keep your mouth shut and go get your ring, Amare. Then come play with the Celtics in a sign and trade. I have a name for Amare the Night Mare and Celticsblog will not let me use it.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
it is safe to say the cavs are going to add either amare, murphy or jamison before thursday.

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
it is safe to say the cavs are going to add either amare, murphy or jamison before thursday.

Yes, it is, unless IND really wants Hickson.  Then there is a chance the Cavs dont get anyone as Ferry has no intention on moving Hickson for Troy Murphy (supposedly).

Also, I am pretty the Cavs have nointerest in Maggette.  Not sure where that came from