Author Topic: Assessing our needs(Make your input known)  (Read 1500 times)

Assessing our needs(Make your input known)
« on: February 15, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
From what I have watched, we need the following...
1.)Athleticism
2.)Offense from the 2nd unit
3.)Rebounding
4.)Serviceable wing
5.)Backup PG

To me, trading Ray(only to get bought out) makes sense ALL DAY.
Taking on contracts and large salaries is part of winning championships - Look at the Lakers and Spurs.
These trades to me assess each of our needs without living a pipe dream.
Ray to SAC for KevMart and Nocioni. He's bought out and resigns.
Scal and Giddens to CHI for Tyrus Thomas.
House and Tony to NYC for Nate and Jordan Hill.

Rondo - Nate
Martin - Ray - Walker
Pierce - Nocioni/Quis - Hill
KG - Tyrus/BBD
Perk - Sheed - Sheldon

Nate brings the offense and ballhandling. Ray comes back as a reserve role for offense and leadership on the bench. Nocioni gives Pierce rest without giving up 20 points to his man. Tyrus comes in as a rebounding,Oop catching shot blocker.
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: Assessing our needs(Make your input known)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:20:16 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
A go-to defender late in the game.

A go-to scorer late in the game.

Focus to play as a team no matter what the score is.

#1 and #2 are supposed to already be on the team but nobody on the roster has fit that description in quite some time.  I don't think we can really get either through a trade.

#3 is something you can't really add with a trade.

All a trade can promise us is some more depth, better bench scoring, and perhaps a bit brighter future if we turn Ray into a younger starter (unlikely).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:22:46 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
A healthy Marquis Daniels knocks off a couple off that list, he can bring atheleticism, scoring off the bench, and a serviceable wing. We can note that he also will keep Pierce pretty well rested for the 4th quarter.

Rebounding is just hustle from the star players, you notice that right after they addressed it the next game EVERYBODY was crashing down.

BUT what i do agree with you on is the backup PG. The second unit will run much more smoothly if Marquis doesn't need to bring the ball down... he can just come down the floor, jump in the post, catch the ball, and go to work.

I'm all for the Ray to SAC deal. But i don't know if The Kings are necesarily going to buy him out. The Kings aren't over the cap therefore they wouldn't be saving much. Ray is also on an expiring contract AND he would give Tyreke Evans a nice veteran guard to work with/ show him the ropes.

The perfect trade that i see is right here:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylb2roj

Ray Allen for Kevin Martin, Andres Nocioni, and Sergio Rodriquez.

Sacramento adds 15 million dollars (roughly) to it's piggy bank this summer. And we literally get everything we want. But have to deal with a kind of crappy deal from Nocioni.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:53:03 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'm big on rebounding.  It really reflects a team's hustle, heart, and desire to win.  We have the players to rebound well, we just need the fire to do it.

I really don't want a team where the PG is a primary scorer.  So having Daniels bring the ball up and set up the offense doesn't work for me, since I'd like him to finish plays more than I like him starting them.  A backup PG is a bid deal for me, so Daniels can work his midrange and post-up game, or keep playing unselfish ball and break down the defenses with PASSING.

I'd like a big, strong wing defender.  Daniels is good, but I'd like a guy with more bulk that could post-up and that other strong wings wouldn't be able to just run over or wear down.

Those two things could happen with minor deals, and I hope at least Danny makes that happen.