Author Topic: Are you serious?Rumor: Perk/Allen for Ellis/Biedrins  (Read 23515 times)

Re: Are you serious?Rumor: Perk/Allen for Ellis/Biedrins
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 01:04:09 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
This rumor is bogus, the Celtics are not trading Perk (the only player on their roster than can defend very well on Howard, Shaq, etc) for Biedrins. Forget it, I wouldn't be surprised if this stupid rumor was thrown it by GS...

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Lwet me add that this is a dream deal but management will nix it because it is too expensive.  They'd rather save the money and pretend that the current roster still has a chance.

why don't we just wait until the deadline to see what happens. You might be the most negative person in the world.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I would do this trade in a heartbeat.  Biedrins is better than Perkins.  Repeat after me: Biedrins is better than Perkins.

Look at Biedrins' FT percentage and tell me if you still agree. :D

Why do you like Biedrins, anyways? Does he actually have post-up moves/possibly range? Can he defend? Cause I Don't even like Ellis in place of Ray Allen, at all.

I think Biedrins is a more aggressive rebounder than Perk is, is more mobile, a competent but not outstanding post defender, and has a limited offensive game.  We would be a better rebounding team with him, most likely, and could run more.  If something like this happened, Sheed would probably get the start at C, at least for a while.  To me, Sheed is the insurance policy that makes trading Perk even a remote possibility this year.

Going forward, if this team after the big-3 is going to run with Rondo, Biedrins is the better choice than Perk, and is already locked in.

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
hoopsworld is like the national enquirer of basketball. Dismiss it as such.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 01:06:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

The rumor came from Marc Spears

oh NM no it didnt, I read that wrong

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I stand corrected. Maybe I ought to click on links before posting.

Still think it's bogus though.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I stand corrected. Maybe I ought to click on links before posting.

Still think it's bogus though.

no you were right I think, it didnt come from spears it just mentioned him before in the article about the Ellis, Iguodala and Martin rumors he put out there yesterday

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
No Indeed, you are right. They threw Spears' name in there, but this little rumor came from "rumblings."

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 01:17:11 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I would do this trade in a heartbeat.  Biedrins is better than Perkins.  Repeat after me: Biedrins is better than Perkins.

Look at Biedrins' FT percentage and tell me if yous till agree. :D

Why do you like Biedrins, anyways? Does he actually have post-up moves/possibly range? Can he defend? Cause I Don't even like Ellis in place of Ray Allen, at all.

Biedrinis could be a stud. Up until this year where he's battled injuries and Don Nelson he's put up some pretty monster numbers, and has shown an incrase in eadch season.

08-09: 11.9 points, 11.2 boards, 1.5 blocks, .578 fg
07-08: 10.5 points, 9.8 boards, 1.2 blocks, .626 fg
06-07: 9.6 points, 9.3 boards, 1.7 blocks, .599 fg

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 01:20:22 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Who knows what either of these guys are outside of GS?

I do not want Ellis.   Overpayed small chucker. 

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I don't want Ellis. Especially looking at the length of his contract. We need to factor in Rondo's size when looking for a long-term Ray replacement.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Ok, fine on Biedrins, but as far as replacing Ray Allen, we can do a better player than Ellis.

Btw, Brick, this is the only year that Perkins is shooting less than 60% from the FT line. He's clearly the better FT shooter. I think you're just down on Perkins. This is not a "dream deal" like you describe it all, especially since Ellis doesn't have Martin's range or Iguodala's size. Also, Ellis + Biedrins costs more than Martin + Nocioni. If the owners aren't willing to break the bank for JUST anything, Ellis + Biedrins has virtually no chance of happening over Martin + Nocioni. Refer to what I said in the topic about Chris Mannix saying that Martin + Nocioni is in the rumor mill, NOT Ellis.

I'd only be ok with Biedrins because of the possibility that Perkins will want money the Celtics can't give, while we'd be locked up with Biedrins for a while (although I'm curious on how long). But, again, we can do better than Ellis. I think GS threw this rumor out there as opposed to Danny.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
With the exception of Truehoops, sources with the word hoops in them tend to not be reliable. With that said, if there is any truth to this it's great talent, but the move screams rebuild. I don't believe it because I don't think Danny is ready to believe.
So, you're calling me unreliable then?  ;)

(FYI, I don't think I've every propagated a rumor on this blog or any other site...)

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
You guys are sleeping on Ellis. He is a monster. When GS had talent beside him he was extremely efficient. 20 ppg on 53% shooting is just amazing for a SG. The issue has been after his "moped" incident. That is what I worry about: his attitude and play.

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 01:53:52 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
You guys are sleeping on Ellis. He is a monster. When GS had talent beside him he was extremely efficient. 20 ppg on 53% shooting is just amazing for a SG. The issue has been after his "moped" incident. That is what I worry about: his attitude and play.
This is how I see it too.  Ellis is a very good player. 

This team was built around Garnett as the centerpiece.  He is a mere shell of his former self.  Ray's game is not what it was two years ago, and PP's game, while close is not what it was two years ago.  Put it all together and you don't have a legit contender (and Garnett and PP won't be getting better next year).  The handwriting is on the wall.  Start the rebuild with Ray's contract.  In my view Ellis would be an excellent piece going forward.  Biedrins and Perk are near a wash, though Perk is the better low post defender.  Biedrins is a much better rebounder than Perk.  All in all, this would be a very solid deal.