Author Topic: My realistic but improbable off-season  (Read 7249 times)

My realistic but improbable off-season
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
- Resign Tony Allen and Package him with Scalabrine to Indiana for Jamal Tinsley.

- Resign Posey to a 5 year (ideally 4) non-bird contract.

- Bring in Chris Anderson and Ryan Gomes with the MLE.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: My realistic but improbable off-season
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
jamal tinsley? no thanks.

pierce and him don't get along, and i don't see what he offers the team. he's washed up. i'd also prefer to sign a proven vet rather than chris anderson. ryan gomes is an interesting possibility. i can actually see him being an upgrade over someone like big baby if he committed to playing some d. when he was here, he played virtually no d, i'd take a chance on ryan though.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 09:39:04 AM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
Tinsely is always injured and has "off the court" problems. I would never want him on my team.

We can't sign Gomes. We have the Exact same players in Leon and BBD. Unless we trade BBD and Leon, there's no need for GOMES.

No one is going to want Scals. What does he have left on his deal? 2 years/6 Mil? That's not that bad. I say cut him and eat the contract. The team made that back in playoff tickets anyway.

I think a Chris Andersen signing wouldn't be bad. The locker room would keep him in line. He plays defense and he's big. They need to get taller and longer. BBD and Leon have problems with bigger 4s and 5s in the league.

We cannot sign Posey for more than a 3 year deal. I agree that he is the number one priority but he's already 31. Four year deal puts him in a spot where he will not be playing in maybe the last two years of his contract. 

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
yah, cant the C's just buy out scal's contract.
he is a useless and untradable player. might as well just buy out his contract, and use the money to get solid bench players

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:08:15 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
no tinsley pls.. he and pp dont get along

birdman is ok but we need someone to play bigz and howard, and birdman wont do it. i say elson would be much better.

scals contract would be a valuable trading chip next season, as he is set to expire on 2010-the "lebron james free agency season"

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 10:11:36 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Tinsely is always injured and has "off the court" problems. I would never want him on my team.

We can't sign Gomes. We have the Exact same players in Leon and BBD. Unless we trade BBD and Leon, there's no need for GOMES.

No one is going to want Scals. What does he have left on his deal? 2 years/6 Mil? That's not that bad. I say cut him and eat the contract. The team made that back in playoff tickets anyway.

I think a Chris Andersen signing wouldn't be bad. The locker room would keep him in line. He plays defense and he's big. They need to get taller and longer. BBD and Leon have problems with bigger 4s and 5s in the league.

We cannot sign Posey for more than a 3 year deal. I agree that he is the number one priority but he's already 31. Four year deal puts him in a spot where he will not be playing in maybe the last two years of his contract

Why can't we sign Posey to a 4 year deal?  I think we can and should if that is what is required to keep him.  And why the heck won't he be playing in the last two years of his contract? Posey is 31, not 41.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:52:21 AM by Bankshot »
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 10:16:08 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
no need to trade for tinsley he is supposedly going to be bought out because no team will deal for him.

He is a horrible fit for this team anyways, he sucks at shooting he is like a 39% shooter for his career. He would be a guy that would complain about playing time IMO because he has been a starter his whole career.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 10:43:42 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No Tinsley.  He is an overpayed injury

No Anderson.  To many reliable big men to go after 1st.

I like Gomes.  But Davis or Powe would have to go. 

If you can trade Scali, do it.  Otherwise, keep him.   He makes for a good 13th man.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 11:26:48 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Tinsley- Him and Peirce don't get along? I don't buy it, They had an incident it's over they are both grown men and have moved on.

Tinley would serve as an adequite back up who can D up, drive and find the open man, plus he has the playoff experience. He's set to expire the year PP does and his expiring lower mid range contract is more versatile than that of Brian Scal's contract that would expire the year before. Tony Allen has just been replaced through the Draft.

Posey - we need to get him signed for whatever possible avoiding the MLE. I don't care about the Luxery tax. If we win every year it will pay for itself.

Anderson - He is a C that will bring in a lot of energy off the bench and because of his history we can get him for good value (vet Min.)

Gomes - The Differents between Gomes and Big baby/powe is Gones ability to play the SF and hit a 17 foot jump shot. I want him signed now as part of the future.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »

Offline Section301

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • Yum
Signing Posey requires using the MLE.  You can't subsequently use the MLE again to sign Anderson and Gomes.

Good food, like good music and good love, always requires a little sweat in the making in order for it to be truly memorable.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
i think when you watch their games u would definitely see a friction between them. and a contract thats set 2 expire in 2010 is very valuable. in fact teams are already freeing up some cap space for 2010

tinsley never impressed me

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 12:01:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If you re-sign Posey there's no need to even look at Gomes. Where would his minutes come from?

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 12:03:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Signing Posey requires using the MLE.  You can't subsequently use the MLE again to sign Anderson and Gomes.

Thats what we call "the rub". There is no way we resign posey then add restricted FA's like gomes and higher priced guys like chris anderson all with the MLE.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

Incorrect, Signing Posey to non-bird has no barring on the MLE.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 12:12:07 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

Thats what we call "the rub". There is no way we resign posey then add restricted FA's like gomes and higher priced guys like chris anderson all with the MLE.

Not sure what you mean by "the rub". Although unlikely it is possible to split the MLE in Half and offer to both of these players.