Author Topic: Trade Idea Clev-Spurs  (Read 2617 times)

Trade Idea Clev-Spurs
« on: August 03, 2019, 02:34:48 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Cleveland- Spurs trade (I’m bored at this point in the summer 😢😥)

A trade I think that would work for both teams is DeMar DeRozan, Bryn Forbes, Marco Bellini and a lottery protected first for Kevin Love and Jordan Clarkson.

Cleveland- Garland-Sexton-DeRozan-Nance-Tristan with Bellinelli as 6th man

Spurs-  Murray-Clarkson-Gay-Love-Aldridge

I think this helps both teams and the Spurs would be better immediately.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Re: Trade Idea Clev-Spurs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 02:45:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Do you have a high opinion of Clarkson?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 02:51:15 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Ouch for the Spurs. Completely underrating Derozan here. I'm not sold on the Love Aldridge duo and it doesn't make sense for Cleveland to want Derozan.

I could see the Spurs making a bid for Love and keeping Derozan but I don't think they could find a salary match. A lineup of

Murray/Derozan/Gay/Love/Aldridge with Lonnie/Marco/Carroll/Lyles/Poetl would be a good start for them.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 02:51:24 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
TP.. nice trade for both teams
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 02:56:42 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
Do you have a high opinion of Clarkson?

Yes, he would be an ideal 6th man with offense off the bench.  I think Pop would be able to hide Loves defense.

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 02:59:09 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
Ouch for the Spurs. Completely underrating Derozan here. I'm not sold on the Love Aldridge duo and it doesn't make sense for Cleveland to want Derozan.

I could see the Spurs making a bid for Love and keeping Derozan but I don't think they could find a salary match. A lineup of

Murray/Derozan/Gay/Love/Aldridge with Lonnie/Marco/Carroll/Lyles/Poetl would be a good start for them.

Could do the same trade with Aldridge instead of DERozan but it would require an additional pick or two as Clev is already overpaid at the post position (not even including Love).

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
TP.. nice trade for both teams

Back at you

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 03:09:57 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Clarkson would be the fourth or fifth best guard on the Spurs after Murray, Mills, White, and Walker, and likely would not get any playing time from Pop. I do like Love on the Spurs though.

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 03:14:31 PM »

• Paul Silas
How about Gay, Mills, Poetl, and a protected 1st for Love. They getting a better offer than that?

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
How about Gay, Mills, Poetl, and a protected 1st for Love. They getting a better offer than that?
They can’t trade Gay until mid-December and Cleveland has used its lottery picks in each of the last two years at a position Mills plays. 

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 04:12:28 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
Clarkson would be the fourth or fifth best guard on the Spurs after Murray, Mills, White, and Walker, and likely would not get any playing time from Pop. I do like Love on the Spurs though.

No, Definitely behind Murray, possibly White based on what you project of him.  Clarkson is ahead of Mills and Walker.  Clarkson would be a great 6th man, it would allow them to trade Mills for a backup to Gay/Love. 

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 04:42:01 PM »

• Paul Silas

No, Definitely behind Murray, possibly White based on what you project of him.  Clarkson is ahead of Mills and Walker.  Clarkson would be a great 6th man, it would allow them to trade Mills for a backup to Gay/Love.

He really isn't. White was really really good on both sides of the ball last year. Mills is a much more trustworthy player to make good basketball decisions. I could see the argument for him above Walker, but I'd rather play a young guy with Walker's upside than Clarkson, who is notably one of the poorest defenders in the NBA and makes many questionable offensive decisions.

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 04:44:04 PM »

• Paul Silas
They can’t trade Gay until mid-December and Cleveland has used its lottery picks in each of the last two years at a position Mills plays.

Many players can't. I was suggesting for when the trade could become legal.

Mills is a low-usage vet who makes good basketball decisions and is a good shooter. That's perfect for next to two ball-dominant young guards. Plus, he could be flipped to a contender looking for additional shooting.