Author Topic: What an outing by Buchholz  (Read 2588 times)

What an outing by Buchholz
« on: August 29, 2009, 10:16:50 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
3 hitter against the Jays in 8 and 1/3 innings.

Hopefully the Bullpen will close this out.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

Re: What an outing by Buchholz
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 10:18:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Nice.

Didn't turn it on tonight.

Big wins
Yup

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:20:48 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
Okajima just gave up two hits and its 3-2 Boston with Papelbon being called in to close it out. Not Good.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Okajima just gave up two hits and its 3-2 Boston with Papelbon being called in to close it out. Not Good.

Pap threw some pitches last night.

Might have been a spot for Wagner to start the inning with a 3 run lead. If he screws up, do what you did with Okie, but if he did well, a huge way to make his debut.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton

Nice.

Big wins

Papelbon nailed it down, buy u a TP cigah Redz

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 10:29:47 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Ever since being called up his fastball has had great movement, well the 2 seamer which is a big part of his success. He had 4 dominant pitches tonight, great fastball command and from the 6th inning on his changeup became literally unhittable. That last start seems to be an aberration, the last three starts before that he went 19 innings only allowing 3 ER and now has allowed 3 ER or less in all but 2 of his outings this year. Dude is throwing great right now, they need him to keep it up especially with Wake's back flaring back up.

He should the #3 we need the rest of this year, he will be shaky at times but thats ok. There was a reason the Sox were so hesitant to trade him, theres no reason he can't still be a top of the rotation pitcherm though he will the 3rd pitcher as long as Lester and Beckett are here. I know its hard to throw out starts, but if you take out his last start, then one against Baltimore on August 2nd his ERA in the other 7 starts is 2.38, pretty good.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:37:11 PM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 10:34:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Nice.

Big wins

Papelbon nailed it down, buy u a TP cigah Redz

Back at ya

Now get Beckett right and we're in biz!
Yup

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 10:36:28 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
Ever since being called up his fastball has had great movement, well the 2 seamer. He had 4 dominant pitches tonight, great fastball command and from the 6th inning on his changeup became literally unhittable. That last start seems to be an aberration, the last three starts before that he went 19 innings only allowing 3 ER and now has allowed 3 ER or less in all but 2 of his outings this year.

He should the #3 we need the rest of this year, he will be shaky at times but thats ok. There was a reason the Sox were so hesitant to trade him, theres no reason he can't still be a top of the rotation pitcher though he will the 3rd pitcher as long as Lester and Beckett are here. I know its hard to throw out starts, but if you take out his last start, then one against Baltimore on August 2nd his ERA in the other 7 starts is 2.38, pretty good.

I'm hoping that Dice-K will make it back to the big club and win some big ball games in September. We can get back in the WS discussions if we make the playoffs, most likely as a WC.

And Beckett needs to stop giving up those [dang] gopher balls.

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
I'm hoping that Dice-K will make it back to the big club and win some big ball games in September. We can get back in the WS discussions if we make the playoffs, most likely as a WC.

And Beckett needs to stop giving up those [dang] gopher balls.

I never was as high as some people on Dice-K, mainly last year but i think he can be a good pitcher. I have a good feeling when he comes back he will look fresh and be a 3.75-4 ERA guy down the stretch, he certainly has the ability to do it. I was pretty pessimistic about him being able to even pitch again this year, but he looks to be in great shape and i think all the rest will help him.

As for Beckett, i think he is just tired and hope they skip a start for him after the TB series. His arm angle is lower and he is pitching more 3 quarter and isnt able to get ontop of his fastball or curve which usually means fatigue or an injury, lets hope its the former.

Id be cool with a rotation down the stretch of Lester/Beckett/Buchholz/Dice-K/hopefully Wakefield but if not Byrd/Tazawa.