Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 564381 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #840 on: December 04, 2021, 04:24:14 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Always  glad when the Lakers lose.
Me too!!! Be something if they miss playoffs lol
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #841 on: December 04, 2021, 06:48:45 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Jason Kidd wants Luka to stop complaining about referee calls all the time.

"I would lean toward playing 5-on-5 a bit more," Kidd said when asked about Doncic's frequent discussions with the referees. "You're not going to get any calls. Officials, they tend to not stop the game to change calls. You have to understand there's a point in time in games -- dead balls -- to be able to talk to officials.

"While the game is going on, transition defense is one of the things we've talked about that we have to get better. If we're lobbying for calls during live play, it puts us in harm's way. ... Just some things have got to be a little bit more important. I think we're going to get better at understanding as a team when to talk to officials. Not just Luka."

Doncic, a 22-year-old first-team All-NBA selection in his fourth season, has acknowledged multiple times in his career that he has a tendency to allow his frustrations with officiating to affect his focus. On Friday night, he agreed with his coach's criticism.

"J. Kidd, he's got a point," said Doncic, who had 21 points on 7-of-20 shooting, seven assists and seven turnovers in the loss to a New Orleans team the Mavs routed on the road two nights earlier. "I've got to stop doing that."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32782920/dallas-mavericks-coach-jason-kidd-calls-luka-doncic-stop-lobbying-calls-play
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #842 on: December 04, 2021, 11:16:01 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Boston is still just 2 games back of the Heat for the 3 seed.

In fact, there's like 9 teams in the East that are clustered between 14-9 and 11-11 which is only a 2.5 game difference.

I think it's pretty obvious a healthy Bucks and Nets team are the two best teams in the East, but after that it's hard to make any consensus really. Might truly come down to health down the road and who is hot at the right time in the 2nd half.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #843 on: December 04, 2021, 12:21:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Boston is still just 2 games back of the Heat for the 3 seed.

In fact, there's like 9 teams in the East that are clustered between 14-9 and 11-11 which is only a 2.5 game difference.

I think it's pretty obvious a healthy Bucks and Nets team are the two best teams in the East, but after that it's hard to make any consensus really. Might truly come down to health down the road and who is hot at the right time in the 2nd half.

I agree those teams are the top 2. Chicago seems very legit with ball, derozen and lavine. Caruso provides them some nice backcourt defense. Philly will probably get something for simmons. I think we have shown we can compete and lose to anyone. I do worry about Ime getting outcoached in a playoff series.

« Reply #844 on: December 04, 2021, 12:24:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Always  glad when the Lakers lose.
Me too!!! Be something if they miss playoffs lol

Without a strong December I think they scapegoat vigil. The truth is they just lack enough good defensive players right now. Davis is still a good and occasionally great defender. However they really miss Caruso and to a lesser extent kcp. Lebron can’t lock down the best player and lead their offense at this stage of his career (they are already playing him to much to stay a .500 team).

« Reply #845 on: December 04, 2021, 04:48:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

"I would lean toward playing 5-on-5 a bit more," Kidd said when asked about Doncic's frequent discussions with the referees. "You're not going to get any calls. Officials, they tend to not stop the game to change calls. You have to understand there's a point in time in games -- dead balls -- to be able to talk to officials.

"While the game is going on, transition defense is one of the things we've talked about that we have to get better. If we're lobbying for calls during live play, it puts us in harm's way. ... Just some things have got to be a little bit more important. I think we're going to get better at understanding as a team when to talk to officials. Not just Luka."

Doncic, a 22-year-old first-team All-NBA selection in his fourth season, has acknowledged multiple times in his career that he has a tendency to allow his frustrations with officiating to affect his focus. On Friday night, he agreed with his coach's criticism.

"J. Kidd, he's got a point," said Doncic, who had 21 points on 7-of-20 shooting, seven assists and seven turnovers in the loss to a New Orleans team the Mavs routed on the road two nights earlier. "I've got to stop doing that."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32782920/dallas-mavericks-coach-jason-kidd-calls-luka-doncic-stop-lobbying-calls-play
Luka Doncic probably wants Jason Kidd to be a halfway decent coach
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #846 on: December 04, 2021, 05:32:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

How much Talent does that team really have? Are we saying Doncic is like prime level Lebron? Cause Porzingas is constantly injured and has rarely played like an all star when he has been healthy. Their third and 4th best players are hardaway and brunson, who are both probably worse than schroeder. I don't really even know who their 5th best player is and their bench is pretty weak. Not saying Kidd is a good coach, but just dont think they underperform their talent that badly.

« Reply #847 on: December 04, 2021, 05:40:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

How much Talent does that team really have? Are we saying Doncic is like prime level Lebron? Cause Porzingas is constantly injured and has rarely played like an all star when he has been healthy. Their third and 4th best players are hardaway and brunson, who are both probably worse than schroeder. I don't really even know who their 5th best player is and their bench is pretty weak. Not saying Kidd is a good coach, but just dont think they underperform their talent that badly.
Yeah, their team construction is rubbish. Hardaway Jr., Brunson, Finney-Smith, Kleber and Powell are all solid role-players. But none of them are good enough to be the third best player on a team that wants to make the playoffs. Heck, only Brunson and Hardaway Jr. are good enough to even be starters for realistic playoff teams.

I've made my feelings on Porzingis known for a while. Think he is a colossal waste of what should be an unstoppable basketball player. I wonder if a Porzingis for Bagley and Hield deal appeals to either team...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #848 on: December 04, 2021, 06:06:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Draymond with a 9pt 9reb 9ast game just missing the triple double while adding another 6stl and 3blk.

What a stat line.

Only played 30mins. Only took 6 shots.

« Reply #849 on: December 04, 2021, 07:18:30 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Draymond with a 9pt 9reb 9ast game just missing the triple double while adding another 6stl and 3blk.

What a stat line.

Only played 30mins. Only took 6 shots.

He’s a master of the triple single.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #850 on: December 04, 2021, 07:58:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yeah, their team construction is rubbish. Hardaway Jr., Brunson, Finney-Smith, Kleber and Powell are all solid role-players. But none of them are good enough to be the third best player on a team that wants to make the playoffs. Heck, only Brunson and Hardaway Jr. are good enough to even be starters for realistic playoff teams.

I've made my feelings on Porzingis known for a while. Think he is a colossal waste of what should be an unstoppable basketball player. I wonder if a Porzingis for Bagley and Hield deal appeals to either team...
They should offer Porzingis to the Nets for Irving straight up.  If Irving retires, they get cap relief, but if Irving shows up I think it does bump them up a tier.  And I really like Porzingis as the 3rd guy next to Durant and Harden.  Make them the clear favorites in the East if all 3 could (and that is a big could) get healthy for a playoff run.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #851 on: December 05, 2021, 02:04:28 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
BBBBBBAAAAAAANNNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!

« Reply #852 on: December 05, 2021, 09:48:22 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Portland again looks like the most disappointing team in NBA..they have been the last few years..Will Dame be traded to Philly or New York or will they keep him?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #853 on: December 05, 2021, 11:22:28 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Portland again looks like the most disappointing team in NBA..they have been the last few years..Will Dame be traded to Philly or New York or will they keep him?

He better not go to Phili. If he does, the Sixers are finals contenders for the next 5 years.

« Reply #854 on: December 05, 2021, 11:28:57 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

He better not go to Phili. If he does, the Sixers are finals contenders for the next 5 years.

I have a feeling Portland will blow it up come trade deadline. Nance Jr could be a nice target for the Cs.