Author Topic: How Do I Handle This Situation?  (Read 19292 times)

Re: How Do I Handle This Situation?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:02 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
The cure for everything here is just so obvious. Find a really hot woman who cooks really well, works hard, and wants what you want and marry her.

That's the cure for life.

or go gay, you'll double your wardrobe.  whatever floats your boat.
Greg

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
There 5 stages of grief. Learn what to expect after a loss.

Grief is a somewhat commplicated and misunderstood emotion. Yet, grief is something that, unfortunately, we must all experience at some time or other. We will all inevitably experience loss. Whether it is a loss through death, divorce or some other loss, the stages of grieving are the same.

There are five stages of grief. If we get stuck in one stage or the other, the process of grieving is not complete, and cannot be complete. Thus there will be no healing. A person MUST go through the five stages to be well again, to heal. Not everyone goes through the stages at the same time. It is different for each person. You cannot force a person through the stages, they have to go at their own pace, and you may go one step forward then take two steps backward, but this is all part of the process, and individual to each person. But, as stressed, ALL five stages must be completed for healing to occur.

The five stages of grief are:

1-Denial-"this can't be happening to me", looking for the former spouse in familia places, or if it is death, setting the table for the person or acting as if they are still in living there. No crying. Not accepting or even acknowledging the loss.

2-Anger-"why me?", feelings of wanting to fight back or get even with spouse of divorce, for death, anger at the deceased, blaming them for leaving.

3-Bargaining-bargaining often takes place before the loss. Attempting to make deals with the spouse who is leaving, or attempting to make deals with God to stop or change the loss. Begging, wishing, praying for them to come back.

4-Depression-overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity, mourning loss of person as well as the hopes, dreams and plans for the future. Feeling lack of control, feeling numb. Perhaps feeling suicidal.

5-Acceptance-there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. You have to accept the loss, not just try to bear it quietly. Realization that it takes two to make or break a marriage. Realization that the person is gone (in death) that it is not their fault, they didn't leave you on purpose. (even in cases of suicide, often the deceased person, was not in their right frame of mind) Finding the good that can come out of the pain of loss, finding comfort and healing. Our goals turn toward personal growth. Stay with fond memories of person.

Get help. You will survive. You will heal, even if you cannot believe that now, just know that it is true. To feel pain after loss is normal. It proves that we are alive, human. But we can't stop living. We have to become stronger, while not shutting off our feelings for the hope of one day being healed and finding love and/or happiness again. Helping others through something we have experienced is a wonderful way to fascilitate our healing and bring good out of something tragic.

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:32 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
In my experience, FWB has only one conclusion: one person wants more than the other can or will give, and it falls apart, and often losing the F part as well as the WB. It can become more, but often it just leaves animosity and resentment.

If I'm being asked to be in the bridal party of someone I had a FWB relationship am I the exception that proves the rule.

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
The cure for everything here is just so obvious. Find a really hot woman who cooks really well, works hard, and wants what you want and marry her.

*And she must be a Celtics fan
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2012, 11:44:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
In my experience, FWB has only one conclusion: one person wants more than the other can or will give, and it falls apart, and often losing the F part as well as the WB. It can become more, but often it just leaves animosity and resentment.

If I'm being asked to be in the bridal party of someone I had a FWB relationship am I the exception that proves the rule.
I guess, you'd need to be pretty far removed from the 'WB' part of trio.

The bigger question is how does a straight guy get into a bridal party? Do you like, stand on her side at the alter? Or his?

Still, I stand by what I said. It's obviously not an 'everytime' rule but if the arrangement goes on for a month or more you either end up dating or not talking. Even a few weeks or more.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 11:47:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

*And she must be a Celtics fan
I've heard that being happy for the rest of your life hinges on never making a pretty woman your wife. It's my personal point of view, you get an ugly girl to marry you.

She sure can cook tho!

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2012, 11:58:35 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I guess, you'd need to be pretty far removed from the 'WB' part of trio.

The bigger question is how does a straight guy get into a bridal party? Do you like, stand on her side at the alter? Or his?

Still, I stand by what I said. It's obviously not an 'everytime' rule but if the arrangement goes on for a month or more you either end up dating or not talking. Even a few weeks or more.

You just stand on her side with a tie that matches the dresses.

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 12:07:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I have never heard of that. You kids, and your mysterious ways. 'Swag' is probably involved too.

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 12:12:18 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I have never heard of that. You kids, and your mysterious ways. 'Swag' is probably involved too.

We get down on Swaggle Rock.

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 02:46:28 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
How do I handle this situation? We are friends. We also have benefits. We are friends with benefits. But things aren’t as good as they seem. She gets more secretive every day. She lies more every day. We recently got into an argument and now we’re ignoring each other. I don’t know how it all started. I don’t want to lose her. But who wants to play these games?

I guess it all started when I wanted to stay the night. It wasn’t necessarily out of attachment. When it’s late, you live far away, and you’ve had a few drinks in you, sometimes you just want to stay the night. She wouldn’t let me. Fine. Whatever. But then I found out she lets some other guy, who she swears by is just a friend, stay the night in the “guest room.”

Speaking of that guy, she never told me about him until I pressed her. She wasn’t quick enough to think of a lie and she spilled the beans. It’s not even the matter of who gets to stay and who doesn’t. It’s the lying, the secrecy, and the deceit. How ‘bout a little honesty?

Sometimes she blatantly talks to other guys on her phone in front of me. And I think, “I just can’t take part in this.” She’s not a young girl. She’s supposed to be a professional with a career. Other times she will withhold information from me until the last minute. Not terribly big things. But enough to bother you. I haven’t even mentioned how hypocritical she can be. She seems to hold me to a higher standard, puts me down, and then hangs out with schlubs in her down time.

One you get past all that stuff, we can have some fun together. We talk all the time. We seem to have a lot in common in terms of temperament. And we are really comfortable around each other. But sometimes she makes me sick with jealousy.  Other times I think to myself, “Why am I even bothering with this?” If we have fun together, why does she purposely, as it clearly seems to me, try and upset me?

What’s the best way to handle a situation like this?

sounds pretty obvious that you have stronger feelings for this girl than merely the FWB agreement you described.

only way i see to deal with this is to sit down with her and lay your cards on the table and ask her for some straight answers about how she feels about you and what she wants.

if she can't take the time to talk and/or will not look you in the eye and be open with you, then it's not a relationship you want any part of in the first place.

also keep in mind - don't feel embarrassed that you've fallen in love with her - be proud of it, it takes courage and sincerity to care for someone that strongly.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 02:50:58 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
How do I handle this situation? We are friends. We also have benefits. We are friends with benefits. But things aren’t as good as they seem. She gets more secretive every day. She lies more every day. We recently got into an argument and now we’re ignoring each other. I don’t know how it all started. I don’t want to lose her. But who wants to play these games?

I guess it all started when I wanted to stay the night. It wasn’t necessarily out of attachment. When it’s late, you live far away, and you’ve had a few drinks in you, sometimes you just want to stay the night. She wouldn’t let me. Fine. Whatever. But then I found out she lets some other guy, who she swears by is just a friend, stay the night in the “guest room.”

Speaking of that guy, she never told me about him until I pressed her. She wasn’t quick enough to think of a lie and she spilled the beans. It’s not even the matter of who gets to stay and who doesn’t. It’s the lying, the secrecy, and the deceit. How ‘bout a little honesty?

Sometimes she blatantly talks to other guys on her phone in front of me. And I think, “I just can’t take part in this.” She’s not a young girl. She’s supposed to be a professional with a career. Other times she will withhold information from me until the last minute. Not terribly big things. But enough to bother you. I haven’t even mentioned how hypocritical she can be. She seems to hold me to a higher standard, puts me down, and then hangs out with schlubs in her down time.

One you get past all that stuff, we can have some fun together. We talk all the time. We seem to have a lot in common in terms of temperament. And we are really comfortable around each other. But sometimes she makes me sick with jealousy.  Other times I think to myself, “Why am I even bothering with this?” If we have fun together, why does she purposely, as it clearly seems to me, try and upset me?

In the words of best rapper in history, Biggie "You can't make a h*, a house wife" enough said thats advice to live by.

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 06:43:27 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

One you get past all that stuff, we can have some fun together. We talk all the time. We seem to have a lot in common in terms of temperament. And we are really comfortable around each other. But sometimes she makes me sick with jealousy.  Other times I think to myself, “Why am I even bothering with this?” If we have fun together, why does she purposely, as it clearly seems to me, try and upset me?

In the words of best rapper in history, Biggie "You can't make a h*, a house wife" enough said thats advice to live by.

Dr. Dre ft. Kurupt - Housewife. I don't ever recall BIG saying that. Too Short said it on a BIG track though.  :)

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

One you get past all that stuff, we can have some fun together. We talk all the time. We seem to have a lot in common in terms of temperament. And we are really comfortable around each other. But sometimes she makes me sick with jealousy.  Other times I think to myself, “Why am I even bothering with this?” If we have fun together, why does she purposely, as it clearly seems to me, try and upset me?

Hate to say it, (because you clearly find her exceptional), but there is no type of relationship that can consistently survive without honesty. It's pretty clear that this woman has a very tenuous grasp on truthfulness, and that's one of the core essentials to a healthy, lasting bond.

If you're not looking for anything serious right now, then it's a trade-off between what you're willing to sacrifice for what you're getting in return, (yeah, simple economics, I know, but that's what it comes down to). When you're bringing up monogamy, though, I assume you want something lasting and substantive.

There's nothing that will destroy a relationship faster than deceit, (except maybe financial problems), and nothing that's more important for building something that will stand the test of time, along with friendship and a sense of humor.

The head games trip is pretty destructive and detrimental as well, as it undermines your ability to learn those little things that help assess her character and attitudes. Honestly, Dude, when I first read your post I thought: 'Man, if that was me I'd run, not walk, in the other direction.', but that's always easy for an observer to say.

That's also how important faithfulness and honesty are, though, and how quickly a lack of them will shake the foundation of any relationship. There are so many great women who are looking for a guy who values those traits, and playing games with this one, is just wasting time and energy that could be being spent on pursuit of something more real and more lasting.

Not claiming I know all the answers, by any means, just throwing things out as I see them, and how experience has taught me personally. All the best, Dude, but it sounds like you're selling yourself short if you think this chick is worth putting up with games, deception and questionable behavior.

You're worth more than that.

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2012, 12:54:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

u are friends with benefits, not in a relationship.  she and you are free to talk to anyone else as there are no strings attached.  if ur getting jealous, i think you have developed feelings for her and want more than a friendship with benefits.  

my advice, look in the mirror.  what do u want, a friend with benefits or a relationship.  if its friends with benefits but ur getting jealous, it aint worth it, move on.  if you want a relationship, pursue that.

hope things work out for u

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2012, 01:10:17 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Hate to say it, (because you clearly find her exceptional), but there is no type of relationship that can consistently survive without honesty. It's pretty clear that this woman has a very tenuous grasp on truthfulness, and that's one of the core essentials to a healthy, lasting bond.

If you're not looking for anything serious right now, then it's a trade-off between what you're willing to sacrifice for what you're getting in return, (yeah, simple economics, I know, but that's what it comes down to). When you're bringing up monogamy, though, I assume you want something lasting and substantive.

There's nothing that will destroy a relationship faster than deceit, (except maybe financial problems), and nothing that's more important for building something that will stand the test of time, along with friendship and a sense of humor.

The head games trip is pretty destructive and detrimental as well, as it undermines your ability to learn those little things that help assess her character and attitudes. Honestly, Dude, when I first read your post I thought: 'Man, if that was me I'd run, not walk, in the other direction.', but that's always easy for an observer to say.

That's also how important faithfulness and honesty are, though, and how quickly a lack of them will shake the foundation of any relationship. There are so many great women who are looking for a guy who values those traits, and playing games with this one, is just wasting time and energy that could be being spent on pursuit of something more real and more lasting.

Not claiming I know all the answers, by any means, just throwing things out as I see them, and how experience has taught me personally. All the best, Dude, but it sounds like you're selling yourself short if you think this chick is worth putting up with games, deception and questionable behavior.

You're worth more than that.

Thanks for the advice (same for the rest of Celticsblog). I appreciate it.