Author Topic: My name is Toaster, and I'm an addict.  (Read 7090 times)

My name is Toaster, and I'm an addict.
« on: September 06, 2009, 01:50:20 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
No, unfortunately this isn't a call for an intervention, that'd likely be more interesting. However, I'm talking about the Celtics and Celticsblog.

I find myself here, even when I know nothing else exciting is going to happen this offseason. Somehow even when I have plans with friends and such I find myself thinking about the Celtics and we're still over a month away from pre-season!

It's like I'm going stir-crazy over here without basketball. Playing a lot of games during our championship run and then getting bounced in the second round this year has done damage to my psyche.

This is hard to admit, but my name is Lon3lyToaster and I'm an addict.

Now, anyone got any ideas on how to occupy my (and others, as well) time?  :D Bass fishing, maybe?

Re: My name is Toaster, and I'm an addict.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 231
seriously, an addiction to the celtics is probably the best kind you can have, even if it does involve checking hoopshype 23 times a day to see if Maquis Daniels is with the team yet...grrr

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
No, unfortunately this isn't a call for an intervention, that'd likely be more interesting. However, I'm talking about the Celtics and Celticsblog.

I find myself here, even when I know nothing else exciting is going to happen this offseason. Somehow even when I have plans with friends and such I find myself thinking about the Celtics and we're still over a month away from pre-season!

It's like I'm going stir-crazy over here without basketball. Playing a lot of games during our championship run and then getting bounced in the second round this year has done damage to my psyche.

This is hard to admit, but my name is Lon3lyToaster and I'm an addict.

Now, anyone got any ideas on how to occupy my (and others, as well) time?  :D Bass fishing, maybe?

hello lt and welcome to celticholics anonymous.

some folks say that admission is the first step on the road to recovery.

but its not true. sob, sob.  :'(

admission to the addiction only heightens the desire to find other celticholics. to blog with them. to fret and debate for countless hours over minor and untalented players who someone on cb mention as possibly thinking of considering becoming a celtic....maybe.

sigh. what can i say except welcome and have a tp....which by the way are even more addicting than opium or crack. once you start down the road of "tp addiction" there is no turning back.

just repeat after me...

"i'm a celticholic.
but i can change.
if i have to.
i guess."*

*thanks go out to red green.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
hmmm, so I guess this makes me a bartender

well, at least this blog won't impair your vision while driving, unless you are reading it while driving, which I sure hope nobody is doing
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 04:54:39 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
hwangjini_1, there you go acting like a methadone clinic and handing out TP's and not really helping the addiction  :P Your sig made me laugh though, so I'm gonna throw one back at you.

And I don't browse the web while I'm driving, but CB is a big reason why I failed a music class (How is that even possible?) in 7th or 8th grade and why I'm going to fail photography as a senior  :D

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
The other solution is to read the Laker's blog and try to imagine ways in which they implode, during the playoffs. Then, when that doesn't work... Gin and Tonic.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:50:03 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I guess it's time to admit it. I dont shave or bathe for days. I sit on my computer and look over it at my flat screen from September through June while there is basketball available.

I do not count the WNBA as basketball so I dont consider myself an addict.

July and August I rehab so I have the strength to continue for next season.

I'm not sure if I still have a wife. Does it matter if the Celtics are on TV?

I dont want any help, just my green binky. ;D
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I thought you were gonna say drug dealer.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I thought you were gonna say drug dealer.

shhhh alcohol references are ok, drugs not so much, you're gonna get this locked
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm Rebus Rankin and I'm a Celticsblog addict. I am proud of this fact.

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i'm a screwedupmaniac, and i blame it on the boston celtics. when we would get injuries, lose 18 games in a row, and witness autrocious coaching and playing, i would find solace in ODing on celticsblog trade ideas and rumors. i am yet to shake this addiction. i'm not even sure if i want help getting past this, as celticsblog makes me feel alive.

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
i'm a screwedupmaniac, and i blame it on the boston celtics. when we would get injuries, lose 18 games in a row, and witness autrocious coaching and playing, i would find solace in ODing on celticsblog trade ideas and rumors. i am yet to shake this addiction. i'm not even sure if i want help getting past this, as celticsblog makes me feel alive.

Ironically I had a lot more to say about the boston celtics when they were losing.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 01:15:54 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

Ironically I had a lot more to say about the boston celtics when they were losing.

Haha, truth be told, this blog seemed a lot busier when we sucked!

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 01:23:49 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

It really was.. I've been posting here for a few years and other than when we won the championship the last couple years have been on the downside traffic wise, to me it seems.

Trade ideas for all-stars and even non-allstars left and right, trying to figure out why we sucked so bad, talk of just how good Gerald was gonna be (We were all wrong there) who to draft.. Talking about tanking to get the number one pick... Oden, Durant ect, ect.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:24:47 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

It really was.. I've been posting here for a few years and other than when we won the championship the last couple years have been on the downside traffic wise, to me it seems.

Trade ideas for all-stars and even non-allstars left and right, trying to figure out why we sucked so bad, talk of just how good Gerald was gonna be (We were all wrong there) who to draft.. Talking about tanking to get the number one pick... Oden, Durant ect, ect.

Ah yes. The famed trade ideas.

The only ones I hated were the KG ones. So unlikely it was sad.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner