Author Topic: To each and every one of you  (Read 14497 times)

To each and every one of you
« on: July 01, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'll start by saying that this is my 4000th post and in the days I lurked, and even when I eventually signed up, I never thought I would post anything near to that. I have a friend who posted on forums and I remember saying "why? it's a bit silly you don't even know those people" and he replied "it's fun" - ok, fair enough I thought, but it's not for me.

Moving on from that, I found this place. At first, it was a fantastic place to come for Celtics information, news and chat among fans. Eventually, it became more than that. Movies, music, SOT OTT, football, squirrels, birds, bunnies, strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas, women trouble, ill health, family issues, help with assignments, help with life in general, ridiculous trades (anything with Ray), wonderful trades (when we received Garnett), bad times (18 game losing streak) euphoric times (banner #17). These are just some of the things I've discussed and/or seen on here. I've participated in threads and given/taken advice that I never saw myself doing. Some members I would say I could call friends, and though we're half a world apart it doesn't make it any less genuine than if we were half a minute apart.

I will thank each of you for that, I would like to go on to name each of you that have either had an effect on me or made me laugh or reached out, but I can't for fear of leaving someone out. Truth be known, you know who you are. If we've conversed about something privately or publicly, I've not forgotten. Whether it be a basketball debate, football debate, fantasy draft dealings, political debate, or any of the aforementioned issues, I've got it stored - both the good and the bad (but no bad blood) - and I thank you for that.

Re: To each and every one of you
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 03:17:16 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
You tha man, maestro...even if I miss the John Locke photo.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:17:50 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Well said, im glad you are here, you often provide very unique and respected points of view to debates that I enjoy reading.  
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:55 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Yeah CM, TP. You are one of my favorite posters and a class act. Congrats on 4 stars. :)

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 03:23:32 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I'll start by saying that this is my 4000th post and in the days I lurked, and even when I eventually signed up, I never thought I would post anything near to that. I have a friend who posted on forums and I remember saying "why? it's a bit silly you don't even know those people" and he replied "it's fun" - ok, fair enough I thought, but it's not for me.

Moving on from that, I found this place. At first, it was a fantastic place to come for Celtics information, news and chat among fans. Eventually, it became more than that. Movies, music, SOT OTT, football, squirrels, birds, bunnies, strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas, women trouble, ill health, family issues, help with assignments, help with life in general, ridiculous trades (anything with Ray), wonderful trades (when we received Garnett), bad times (18 game losing streak) euphoric times (banner #17). These are just some of the things I've discussed and/or seen on here. I've participated in threads and given/taken advice that I never saw myself doing. Some members I would say I could call friends, and though we're half a world apart it doesn't make it any less genuine than if we were half a minute apart.

I will thank each of you for that, I would like to go on to name each of you that have either had an effect on me or made me laugh or reached out, but I can't for fear of leaving someone out. Truth be known, you know who you are. If we've conversed about something privately or publicly, I've not forgotten. Whether it be a basketball debate, football debate, fantasy draft dealings, political debate, or any of the aforementioned issues, I've got it stored - both the good and the bad (but no bad blood) - and I thank you for that.

this is why i consider u a friend.  thanks for the post, keep up the great work, and congrats.  ur a class act....and dare i say MOD MATERIAL.....make it happen mods.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 03:24:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
TESTIFY!  Good stuff Maestro.

I'm stealing this one from Prof. Clutch.  We need a CB session of one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj2qzrmExpI
Yup

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

this is why i consider u a friend.  thanks for the post, keep up the great work, and congrats.  ur a class act....and dare i say MOD MATERIAL.....make it happen mods.

hmmm...remember what happened the last time you uttered those words ;)
Yup

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:26:48 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

hmmm...remember what happened the last time you uttered those words ;)

i do...u can thank me with tp's ;)

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Thanks guys for the congrats and kind words.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
congrats Maestro.

Though you're a tough/insane (?) fake CelticsBlog draft GM. I was cleaning out my inbox from last year (in anticipation of the avalanche of trade discussions) and came across this gem:

Hey GC, you interested in a vet in exchange for Telfair?

Something like Donyell Marshall for Sebastian Telfair?

Certainly better back-up at the 4 right now than what you currently have.

LOL!

My backup 4's might have been weak (chris richards, shelden williams) but (a) Donyell Marshall's corpse should have been on anyone's Do Not Draft list and (b) I added one Jason Thompson (steal of the draft IMO) at the end of the draft after someone waived him. Telfair meanwhile had a very respectable season in MIN.

But I look forward to your attempts to swindle me this year again :)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Whatever, I'm calling Maestro out.  Saying the right thing, but for the wrong motives.  Blatant attempt at a strong push for 1000 tommy points.  Oh well it worked, flattery will get you everywhere, here's one from me  :-* 70 more to go my friend.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 03:53:04 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
HAHA like GC I started cleaning out my inbox.  I think this was from last years CB draft when we were arguing about something...

because you sound like you should be in juvenile hall.

do yourself a favour, shut up and grow up.

that's all i have to say to you.

Love it!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 03:53:48 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
::e-hug::

Strictly platonic though.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Ubunto.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
You tha man, maestro...even if I miss the John Locke photo.

my sentiments completely.....i miss johnny locke...your pic and the man....

and Redz great clip, one of my fav scenes ever from one of my fav movies, which takes place in my backyard, literally
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp