Author Topic: Red's Army has a hate site  (Read 4419 times)

Red's Army has a hate site
« on: June 18, 2009, 03:08:29 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
http://redsarmyisajoke.wordpress.com/

this is hilarious - I'm almost jealous

see Red's Army's reaction here

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2009/06/redsarmycom-has-arrived.html
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: Red's Army has a hate site
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 03:22:48 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

My favorite part about the hate site is how the guy spends the first paragraph trying to establish he's a Celtics fan by saying "we" and "our fans" to be inclusive (but he apparently wanted the lakers to win last year, since he mentions that he wish's the lakers were repeating this year)

and then goes on to blow it in the 2nd and third paragraphs by referring to celtics fan's as a non-fan of the team would constantly. ( Celtics fan's say, Celtics fan's like to think, ect, ect.)

and of course, if that wasn't a dead give away, red's army caught his twitter name. No self respecting celtic's fan's twitter is @kobe.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 03:27:24 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

(but he apparently wanted the lakers to win last year, since he mentions that he wish's the lakers were repeating this year)

I'm disagreeing with you, but when he said "although I’d rather be talking about a repeat" I'm pretty certain he means "I'd rather be writing about the Celtics repeating."
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 03:29:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
seems to be a big hit with his fans...oh, wait
Yup

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 03:31:30 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

(but he apparently wanted the lakers to win last year, since he mentions that he wish's the lakers were repeating this year)

I'm disagreeing with you, but when he said "although I’d rather be talking about a repeat" I'm pretty certain he means "I'd rather be writing about the Celtics repeating."

I don't read it that way at all, he's waxing on about how great the laker's victory parade was and how awesome the player he named his twitter account after is when he makes the statement.

Kind of a random topic switch if he ment his supposed celtic fandom.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 03:31:39 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
If the author is a Celtics fan, why isn't that picture of something Boston related? That is certainly not Boston's Chinatown..

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 03:36:50 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I want a hate site. 

Funny find.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
I don't think they claimed to be Boston fans (I didn't read every word) - I think they are just Laker fans that think Red's Army is too harsh on them or something

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 04:10:55 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Weird ???
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »

Offline Jughead

• Broadcast Manager
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
I am putting $100 on the table right now placing my bet that this site is actually written and operated by good friend John Karalis (of redsarmy.com).  This is not a criticism, but recognition of his true genius!

Schizophrenic as it may be, it's a move that rivals the Brilliance! of Guinness...

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I don't think they claimed to be Boston fans (I didn't read every word) - I think they are just Laker fans that think Red's Army is too harsh on them or something

nah, guy claims in the opening paragraph to be a boston celtics fan who is "striking back" against fake celtic fans who are hateful to other teams.

in the first paragraph he very clearly lays out that:
As a Celtics fan I’d like to congratulate the Lakers for what real Celtics fans see as a great season and an even better performance in the Finals.

note that here, and in two other lines he refers to "us" and being a celtics fan, but by the second paragraph, where he's ripping red's army:
That being said the dark side of Celtics pride once again found a way to report through those hate filled lens they soo love. Of course there “favorite to hate” Kobe Bryant got singled out in a post titled Best Proof Yet That Kobe Is All About Kobe. As like the litany of other Kobe Bryant hate that fuels the right wing Celtics fans it points a finger at Kobe Bryant as being selfish. They came up with this attack because during the victory parade Kobe apparently was wearing a Nike shirt with a puppet hand that had four fingers each with a championship ring on it while the rest of the team appeared to be all wearing some sort of white championship shirt.

notice that everything is "they" and "Them" now?

suddenly he sounds like a fan of a certain other team, and has switched from the whole "we, our team, celtics fan" motto of the first part.

also, whats a right wing Celtics fan? do we hold primary's and stuff? why wasn't i informed in our monthly newsletter!

Conclusion: Laker fan fakin' or red's army with a good parody of itself. :D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:52:34 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 05:06:59 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
I am putting $100 on the table right now placing my bet that this site is actually written and operated by good friend John Karalis (of redsarmy.com).  This is not a criticism, but recognition of his true genius!

Schizophrenic as it may be, it's a move that rivals the Brilliance! of Guinness...

that would be a stunt on the level of Sasha Cohen wouldn't it?

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 05:23:30 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
lol truly pathetic if its a lakers fan i'd be too busy celebrating my team being the champs to create a hate blog

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 04:27:46 PM »

Offline Jughead

• Broadcast Manager
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14

that would be a stunt on the level of Sasha Cohen wouldn't it?

It's ah niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Maybe on the same level as "Who Shot Mamba!"