Author Topic: Post # 10K - Help Redz Get in Shape  (Read 27266 times)

Re: Post # 10K - Help Redz Get in Shape
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2009, 12:18:31 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
OK, been over a week now.  I was in a very nice routine until tonight.  We had a family get together for Passover Seder.  My brother outdid himself preparing a great feast.  I ate a bunch of lamb, apps, dessert, whatever.  I'm not too bent out of shape about it, but it was definitely a huge aberration from the discipline I'd had all week.

...and tomorrow's Easter with my wife's family.

Anyhow, the good news is I lost 8 pounds already.  The gym's been going great.  I'm finding that I'm building stamina almost daily - and I love that feeling.

keep it going amigo
i was like the same
last 3 days i lose like 5
but inmeciatly get them back in one ultra heavy barbacue
but hopefully theyre easy to lose
so here i go again
thanks whitesnake....
 ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Any updates on the state of your belly?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Any updates on the state of your belly?

Down ten pounds.  School vacation for the kids has put a bit of a whammy on the exercise schedule, but I'm working on it.  I had school all last weekend and then we went away for 48 hours.  This made the dieting part a challenge I wasn't completely up to, but I'm back on the plan today.  I'm not going to get stressed about a bad day here or there as long as I don't let it turn into an "Oh screw it, what's the use?" sort of thing.  And I'm far from there.

That's the update, thanks for asking.
Yup

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
2 more weeks, time to check back in

On my own weight loss attempts, I bought Wii Fit and do at least a half hour daily and have taken to hour walks every other day (plus my regular weekly basketball game), so far only a few pounds down, but I feel a lot better phyiscally
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
2 more weeks, time to check back in

On my own weight loss attempts, I bought Wii Fit and do at least a half hour daily and have taken to hour walks every other day (plus my regular weekly basketball game), so far only a few pounds down, but I feel a lot better phyiscally

Yep.  Checking in.

I can't believe it's been a month! (and 686 posts  ;) )

I'm down 15 pounds.  I'm definitely not on the maniacal diet path I was on for the first couple of weeks, but for the most part I think I'm making better eating decisions when confronted with them.  I do feel I need to be careful to not let this discipline slip too much though.

On the exercise end I've got myself going on a nice plan that I'm happy with.  I've been going to the gym 3 days a week for a half hour of cardio stuff. followed quickly by 3 sets of 6 different upper body machine or weight exercises.  I decided to can the leg stuff, as my knee was not reacting well to it, and I didn't want to have the excuse for not going all to be "I'm hurting my knees". 

I've really been getting into the upper body stuff though, and starting to feel some gains in strength. 

I've been finishing off the routine by doing crunches for the abs.  I finally figured out a good method, and today really got myself working pretty hard at it.  After that I've been doing some stretching using a medicine ball.

The whole thing takes me about an hour and ten minutes.  I've been trying to keep in constant motion for that entire period.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy where I'm at.
Yup

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
One more bit to add...I dusted off the treadmill at home and found a decent place for it.  I'm hoping I can get on there for a half hour on days that I'm not going through the whole routine.
Yup

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2009, 05:12:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Another 2 week update...

I'm down 16 pounds overall, but have definitely let the hard core "watching what I'm eating" slip a bit.  Working on that.

On the bright side I haven't missed a day in my workout routine in 4 weeks.  I'm feeling really great about that.  I'm at the point where I get a little bent out of shape if I have to alter my workout schedule to fit something else in.

Anyone else?
Yup

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2009, 05:39:13 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
Another 2 week update...

I'm down 16 pounds overall, but have definitely let the hard core "watching what I'm eating" slip a bit.  Working on that.

On the bright side I haven't missed a day in my workout routine in 4 weeks.  I'm feeling really great about that.  I'm at the point where I get a little bent out of shape if I have to alter my workout schedule to fit something else in.

Anyone else?

been about 3 weeks, only down about 5 pounds, but feel a lot better, which is good, and my dieting is not hardcore by any means

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2009, 04:56:33 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
Another 2 week update...

Anyone else?

any updates? I hit my original goal, but now its time to go for a new goal

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2009, 05:04:41 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Another 2 week update...

Anyone else?

Gym's going great.  I've been on a regular schedule there for however long this thread has been going.  Starting actually feel some muscles in places they weren't before. 

Dieting has not really been going so hot.  Been sort of stress chowing lately.  Trying to get a grip on that again, but I'm glad it hasn't effected the exercise routine.
Yup

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2009, 05:27:30 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
Another 2 week update...

Anyone else?

Gym's going great.  I've been on a regular schedule there for however long this thread has been going.  Starting actually feel some muscles in places they weren't before. 

Dieting has not really been going so hot.  Been sort of stress chowing lately.  Trying to get a grip on that again, but I'm glad it hasn't effected the exercise routine.

btw are you going to be in the classroom next year? I like keeping tabs on Redz!

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Another 2 week update...

Anyone else?

btw are you going to be in the classroom next year? I like keeping tabs on Redz!

Not full time.  Just subbing.  I have a year and a half of school still.
Yup

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Do you have to have a degree or a teaching degree to sub?

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2009, 01:32:02 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

judging by the people who sub for me when I'm out, you basically need a pulse

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

judging by the people who sub for me when I'm out, you basically need a pulse

I see. I'm curious because here you need a teaching degree in order to even sub.