Author Topic: Just saw "Celtics Past" Out on the Court  (Read 3712 times)

Just saw "Celtics Past" Out on the Court
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:52:36 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I just got back from watching the Idaho Stampede play the Reno Bighorns. The Stampede is currently sporting a lineup consisting of Antoine Walker, Mikki Moore, and Marcus Banks along with a bunch of nobodies. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Antoine looks absolutely old and decrepit. He has NO lateral movement whatsoever. He has never really had a vertical ever, but what little he DID have his gone completely. He did a nice job bulldozing guys down in the post and finished with 16 pts on 7-11 shooting. The only shots he missed where 3's going 1-5. As old and slow and a shell of his former self that he was I found myself surprisingly thrilled watching him play. I loved Antoine as a Celtic. (even though I didn't love ALL of his 3's) He was exciting to watch.

Mikki Moore actually didn't look any different out there and didn't seem to outplay anyone. Highlight of the night was when he was standing under the rim and jumped up to dunk the ball one handed and got stuffed by the rim. I think we've all seen that one!

Marcus bank looked bad most of the night. He is not in good shape and looks annoyed to be playing in the D league. Way too many possessions of him dribbling the clock out and turning the ball over trying to force something. He sure never materialized like I thought he would.

All in all a fun night and was interesting due to the Celtics ties. If you get a chance to see YOUR NBDL team play them its worth going to see.

Re: Just saw "Celtics Past" Out on the Court
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:22:01 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pretty cool.  If I lived in Idaho, I'd totally go watch Antoine play.  Your analysis is a good reason why you can't just go by D-League box scores, though.  It's possible to go 7-for-11 and score 16 points in the D-League even when you're nowhere near NBA playing shape.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Just saw "Celtics Past" Out on the Court
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 04:58:29 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Pretty cool.  If I lived in Idaho, I'd totally go watch Antoine play.  Your analysis is a good reason why you can't just go by D-League box scores, though.  It's possible to go 7-for-11 and score 16 points in the D-League even when you're nowhere near NBA playing shape.

I was thinking about that during the game as well. A truly in shape NBA level player would make these guys look awful I would think. The other player that really stood out was Blake Ahearn. I can't believe he can't get some run for some NBA team as a backup. He was a beast at the PG/2 spot.