Author Topic: Strus looks very solid!  (Read 3993 times)

Re: Strus looks very solid!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 05:30:59 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
R J Hunter part 2
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 03:23:18 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I just saw him the first couple minutes of the Memphis game. He took two shots, airballed a 3, and was taken out.
I didn't see him the rest of the game, though I didn't watch much after the 1st half. He looked like a 3P shooter. Decent size for a 2, but not very athletic.

Edwards only problem is his height. He's really a combo guard--loves to shoot. But his height isn't ideal for a 2. He'll stick for sure in the backcourt rotation.

Eh he cannot defend 2s, no way he is a combo guard. He is a 1 or ballhandler, whichever you prefer. If you still believe to be called a PG you must be pass-first better get you head out of whatever era you are stuck in.

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 09:24:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Granted I only saw him for a few plays but he was playing the 2 and on defense reminded me of a slow Dirk Nowitzki.

Not saying a lot there.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 01:26:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I just saw him the first couple minutes of the Memphis game. He took two shots, airballed a 3, and was taken out.
I didn't see him the rest of the game, though I didn't watch much after the 1st half. He looked like a 3P shooter. Decent size for a 2, but not very athletic.

Edwards only problem is his height. He's really a combo guard--loves to shoot. But his height isn't ideal for a 2. He'll stick for sure in the backcourt rotation.

Eh he cannot defend 2s, no way he is a combo guard. He is a 1 or ballhandler, whichever you prefer. If you still believe to be called a PG you must be pass-first better get you head out of whatever era you are stuck in.
this may no longer be the case. i think for CBS and some other coaches a "ball handler" has a different function than the "pg" of old.

before, a pg would bring the ball across half court, set up the offense, and pass the ball. that is, the pg was the initiator of most of the offensive plays.

now, i think the ball handler is responsible for bringing the ball across half court and then the team runs a series of plays or schemes. the ball handler shares any such responsibilities for passing. horford handled the ball and lot under CBS and made lots of passes and hand offs, which in turn led to other hand offs and passes.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 02:02:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
R J Hunter part 2

Naw

Strus has a strong body and a good wingspan

But is only 6'6. Not quick enough to cover nba calibre wings on a regular basis

We will see how things go with him playing in the G leagur

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 02:11:23 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I have low expectation with the guy. I don't even know if he can even make the main roster next season.

If Tacko gets cut for this guy and he signed with other teams, I'd be extremely p---ed off.

Absolutely agree 100%. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2019, 12:19:09 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I have low expectation with the guy. I don't even know if he can even make the main roster next season.

If Tacko gets cut for this guy and he signed with other teams, I'd be extremely p---ed off.

Absolutely agree 100%.

Agreed. Tacko>>>>> Strus....