Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by GreenEnvy on Today at 12:15:50 AM »
I still expect the Thunder/Mavs series to be a good one, but Luka is shooting like 39% (and 22% from 3) in these playoffs. If he doesn’t start shooting the ball better (which he has from the line sans tonight) they may be in for a short series.
« Last post by SHAQATTACK on Today at 12:11:15 AM »
If Tatum or someone else did what Murray did then forget suspended, they'd probably be arrested  :P

If Tatum or any Celtic Player……
Celtics Talk / Re: What do you think Derick White is worth?
« Last post by GreenEnvy on Today at 12:06:15 AM »
Definitely some overhype going on.  White is doing great but he's also benefiting by playing on a team loaded with talent.  He's worth Jrue's contract and maybe a bit more.  He's not a Max guy.  He's certainly not a #1 on a team.  Not sure which teams he'd even be #2.   

You don’t have to be a 1 or even 2 to get the bag anymore.
« Last post by SHAQATTACK on Yesterday at 11:26:40 PM »
TWO Brinks trucks loaded
I just read Cavs managed only 4 points when Mitchell was on the bench
« Last post by Muzzy66 on Yesterday at 10:58:12 PM »
Definitely some overhype going on.  White is doing great but he's also benefiting by playing on a team loaded with talent.  He's worth Jrue's contract and maybe a bit more.  He's not a Max guy.  He's certainly not a #1 on a team.  Not sure which teams he'd even be #2.   

1. White was the distant 4th offensive option on this team, with his usage rate of 18.6% falling way below Tatum (30.2%), Brown (28.9%) and Porzingis (25.1%).  Despite his relative low priority in the offence, he still averaged 15.2 PPG and put up three 30+ point games (2 in the regular season, 1 in the playoffs).  I have no doubts at all that he could average ~22 PPG if he were given a bigger offensive role on a less stacked team.   

2. Over the past two seasons he has shot 46% / 39% / 89% splits which are extremely impressive (borderline elite) shooting splits in an era where shooting is one of the most prized commodities.   

3. Not only can he score (and do it efficiently) but he's also clutch.  I've lost count of the number of huge baskets White has made this year in crucial moments. Every team aiming for a championship run values players who are big in the clutch - it can be the difference between a championship and a 2nd round exit. 

4. In addition to scoring, he also averaged 4.2 reb and 5.2 assists while committing only 1.5 turnovers, so he's not a one trick scoring pony - he gives you a little bit of everything and does so with very low risk / high efficiency.

5. In addition to all of the above he's also an elite and extremely versatile defensive player - which is probably the second highest valued commodity in today's NBA.  He's a guard with good size who can defend 3 positions, he led all guards in shot blocking (1.2 BPG - 16th overall) and I'll be shocked if he doesn't make an all-defensive 1st or 2nd team this year.

White is the ultimate glue guy.  He may not be a #1 option and may even be a stretch as a #2 option - but he's the kind of glue guy that makes exactly the play you need, at exactly the moment you need it.  He's the type of guy that could win you championships.  The kinda of guy who win Finals MVP as your #3 option. 

I feel there are teams out there who would pay a LOT of money for a guy like White.
« Last post by celticsclay on Yesterday at 10:57:41 PM »
Murray got a $100K fine but no suspension.

The fine is admittedly a fat one, but I fail to see why Dejounte Murray bumps a ref and gets a game last year while Murray throws junk at a ref TWICE and doesn't miss time.  The Nuggets got really lucky.  I think it's pretty clear that the league isn't going to suspend a star player from an important playoff game unless he comes on court with a shotgun.

You are always going to get more of a penalty for making actual physical contact with a ref than doing something that could have made physical contact with a ref/player but didn’t. I don’t really get the people wanting a pound of flesh on this. For what it is worth he probably would have gotten a one game suspension in regular season but I’m all for not having a series end non competively over a rule infraction that isn’t a full out injury. Also I don’t know how anyone can think this is worse than what Embid did against Robinson (and that was actual contact that injured Robinson on a complete non basketball play). Last tight, is there anyone here that thought it was great when the suns had their players suspended for stepping off the bench after Nash was body slammed?
« Last post by trickybilly on Yesterday at 10:51:17 PM »
He should get the same contract Jrue just received. 4 years, $135M.

He is 4 years younger than Jrue.
Celtics Talk / Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Last post by Boston Garden Leprechaun on Yesterday at 10:43:01 PM »
« Last post by johnnygreen on Yesterday at 10:39:21 PM »
Murray got a $100K fine but no suspension.

The fine is admittedly a fat one, but I fail to see why Dejounte Murray bumps a ref and gets a game last year while Murray throws junk at a ref TWICE and doesn't miss time.  The Nuggets got really lucky.  I think it's pretty clear that the league isn't going to suspend a star player from an important playoff game unless he comes on court with a shotgun.

There is way too much TV money involved for the 0-2 Nuggets to lose their second best player due to a suspension. I bet if the Nuggets were up 2-0 or if the series was tied, then he would have been suspended for one game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10