Author Topic: Jermaine O'neal has been offered a portion of the MLE! How do you guys feel?  (Read 10015 times)

Offline banks336

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
"Jermaine O'Neal said Wednesday that he expects to sign with the Celtics, Mavericks or Nuggets in the coming days.
"Those are my favorites," O'Neal told ESPN.com "Those are teams that are going to compete [for a championship] next year."
O'Neal said he's deciding between the three teams, which are all believed to have offered him some portion of the mid-level exception."

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:10:42 PM by banks336 »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
No don't want Jermaine O'neal for any of the MLE.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:18:52 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Free-agent center Jermaine O'Neal said Wednesday that he expects to sign with one of the three following teams in coming days: Dallas, Denver or Boston.

"Those are my favorites," O'Neal told ESPN.com "Those are teams that are going to compete [for a championship] next year."

O'Neal said he's still deliberating between the three teams -- all believed to be offering a portion of the mid-level exception to sign him -- and called the decision perhaps "the most important of my career because I know this is kind of my last run at it" in terms of title-chasing.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5361625

Offline banks336

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I was posting from my phone.. But on another note, if O'neal is the answer at C and Ray leaves and we still have Sheed's contract to dangle makes me wonder who we could be looking at for the 2 position   

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
There's no way anybody has actually offered anything to JO.  I can believe Ainge on the other GMs have made it clear they're interested in JO, but actually putting a deal on the table?  That hasn't happened.

Mike

Offline LAceltic34

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
If we cant retrieve Shaq O'neal , Brad Miller , I would then be ok with the signing of J Oneal. what about if we can get both Oneals ,Shaq and Jermaine?or Shaq and Brad Miller? Now that I really have thought about Jermaine NO THANKS,just cant picture him being productive when the bright lights are at their brightest.....Come on Shaq and Mike Miller.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well, I want to see how much its for.  As much as I hate him, JO is still a very useful player.  I would be disappointed if it is a large portion of the MLE, but if its 3 million or less, then its a no brainer.

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
a portion means e get 2 body;s witht the MLE which is fine with me

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I'd still like to explore the David Lee situation before going with JO.

Offline I Lack Maturity

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I don't him for the full MLE, but for part of it I would be pumped. I can't stand the guy, but he would be a nice addition. The guy still hit the mid range shot and he is a big body. he averaged 13 points but just under 6 boards.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well, I want to see how much its for.  As much as I hate him, JO is still a very useful player.  I would be disappointed if it is a large portion of the MLE, but if its 3 million or less, then its a no brainer.
I don't find him very useful. He hasn't played any defense since the Queen was young.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I don't find him very useful. He hasn't played any defense since the Queen was young.

I disagreed, I think he still plays excellent defense. But it would really depend on who else we get for me to be happy with signing him.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Why are some of you guys seriously putting Brad Miller ahead of Jermaine O'neal? If Jermaine is signed then he would play in a limited role when Perk gets back and would provide decent inside scoring and another big body on defense. Stop with this "he's a thug" bs. What is your defenition of a thug? Someone who commits crimes or a black guy with braids? If he can help the team then sign him, whats the big deal?

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I disagreed, I think he still plays excellent defense. But it would really depend on who else we get for me to be happy with signing him.
He got his lunch eaten by Kendrick Perkins in the playoffs. Perkins is not exactly Shaq in his prime, and any center with average defensive ability can usually contain him. You do the math :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Good substitute for Perk until he returns, then a good back up to Perk. Has decent short game.  His legs seem shot, though.