Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 50086 times)

Re: Mock Trade Dealine
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Stephen A Smith: "OKC is in complete disarray. Russell Westbrook, Paul George, Steven Adams, and Carmelo Anthony want out. Also I have the highest IQ and best words."

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2018, 09:49:47 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
WOJ: Sources tell ESPN that the LA Lakers are looking to dump any salary they can in order to have a big summer. Nobody is off the table, besides.
Besides who?

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2018, 10:40:01 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Stein: The Kings are all in on their youth movement.  Although they are focused on moving their veterans, they will listen to offers for everyone besides Fox.  They will consider taking on bad contracts for young prospects or picks.  Privately, one team official expressed dismay that their team, which has the worst rated offense and defense, isn't in a stronger position for the 2018 draft. 

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2018, 12:03:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Stephen A Smith: "OKC is in complete disarray. Russell Westbrook, Paul George, Steven Adams, and Carmelo Anthony want out. Also I have the highest IQ and best words."
Westbrook can't be traded, just keep that in mind.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2018, 12:12:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Fairly sure there was a bit of satire in that post, mimicking the complete cluelessness Stephen A. spews.

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2018, 02:32:51 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
ESPN: Woj is reporting that some teams are asking for Memphis future pick, which the Celtics owned, but Danny is reluctant to trade it....as of now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2018, 02:35:27 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Fairly sure there was a bit of satire in that post, mimicking the complete cluelessness Stephen A. spews.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2018, 02:41:21 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Ian Begley: "The Knicks are leaning towards consolidating future assets and are shopping around O'Quinn, Hernangomez, McDermott, Lance Thomas, Kanter and Courtney Lee, for the right price. They are still keeping their options open though (such as acquiring a star to go alongside Porzingis), but sources tell me that's where they are leaning as of today. They do feel a need to unload a center and that will be one of their key priorities."
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2018, 02:47:55 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

A TP to both of you.  I was trying to figure out how to get Stephen A.  to say something completely clueless about the Kings but there completely clueless too.  If a clueless journalist says something about a clueless org, does that make it the truth? 

« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2018, 02:48:59 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Woj: The Rockets remained very active in talks with several teams to acquire another star on their team. They're still interested in making sure the Western Conference isn't Golden State's playground.

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2018, 03:53:54 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
McMenamin: I'm hearing Love is being seriously discussed in several different trade scenarios, one of which has been gaining serious traction in the last several minutes.

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
New Orleans (AP) — Still reeling from the shocking loss of DeMarcus Cousins, the New Orleans Pelicans announced today the removal of long-time general manager Dell Demps.  “We thank Dell for his many years of service,” said Pelicans’ President Dennis Lauscha, “but here in New Orleans, we do believe in curses.  This organization has been snake-bit for some time, and DeMarcus was our fourth player to go down with a season-ending injury this year.  Dell has been here the longest, so we think he might be the one who’s cursed, and it’s time to move on.”

Continuing to surprise the NBA, the Pelicans announced their replacement hire by his internet moniker of saltlover.  “I haven’t met him yet, but he seems very knowledgeable about the salary cap.  What have we got to lose?” said Lauscha.

Reached via e-mail, saltlover said he would “explore every opportunity to turn this team around.”  When asked if that would include trading superstar big man Anthony Davis, he replied “Anthony wants to win.  I want to win.  He wants to win in New Orleans.  We want him to win in New Orleans.  My job is to explore every avenue to get us to becoming a wining franchise.”

Meanwhile, there are unconfirmed reports that saltlover has entertained offers for Davis, but when pressed, he responded “if we make a trade there will be a press release.  If we don’t, there won’t be.”

« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2018, 04:52:07 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Woj: I have it on great authority that Paul George has called a real estate office in OKC. Word is that he might potentially think about moving somewhere "sunny".