Author Topic: My heart ached for Tommy last night  (Read 2425 times)

My heart ached for Tommy last night
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:06:52 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

Another great game by the C's last evening, but the real story of the evening was Tommy Heinsohn's performance.  He was simply spectacular, I am not sure how many people could answer the bell so soon after losing someone so important.

Tommy, thank you for your efforts last night; you impressed and inspired.  I wish you well.  Peace
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

Re: My heart ached for Tommy last night
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 09:08:42 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I was thinking the same thing, SSF.  I only caught the second half; did Comcast address the situation at all?

Tommy was indeed phenomenal last night.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:12:13 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I was so happy to see Tommy back at the reigns last night.  He probably gets relief from the grief watching his beloved C's wipe up the floor with another opponent.   You can tell he's loving the Rondo 2.0.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think it helps that this wasn't sudden, that they had been preparing for this for some years now.

But yeah, it was great to see him last night. I don't know if Comcast addressed the situation at all last night... I don't think it would be something you might want to do with Tommy trying to get through a game, but the game before it they did address it.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 09:20:24 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I was also happy to see Tommy back doing something that he loves.  It is the best way to deal with a loss.  Having lost a spouse myself, the best way to survive it is to plunge yourself into work, family, friends.  I love Tommy and he was indeed spectacular last night. 

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
I feel kind of selfish even mentioning this but do you think we'll get him for some road games again?

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
I wondered the same thing -- whether they mentioned it at all. Did anyone see the beginning? He seemed to be doing pretty well and got into the game, and that was great to see.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Seems like everyone missed the beginning. I want to know if it was brought up at all.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 11:03:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I missed the first 30 seconds and the pregame on CSN but after that there was no official acknowledgment (which I'm guessing is the way Tommy wanted it).  I was keeping a pretty sensitive ear for any acknowledgment or show of emotion from tommy and he did a remarkable job under the circumstances.

He did make a past tense mention of the Redhead from Needham - referring her as Helen on air for the only time I can remember - when telling about how Helen used to call their granddaughter "Pistol" in reference to being a little "Tommy Gun".

I was also curious to see how he'd react if Scal did anything worthy of note.  Will he use the "Redhead" stuff any more?  It's got to be tough.

I was thinking it would have been nice if the crowd replaced the idiotic Scal-A-Brin-e chant at the end of the game with a nice TOMM-Y HEIN-SOHN...But I guess the lure of the Scal-A-Brin-e chant is too strong.

Anyhow...great job by Tommy

Yup

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Sorry to hear about Tommy's loss. My condolences.  :'(

The Celtics winning and playing games is Tommy's best medicine.

Rondo is playing inspired basketball lately, gotta wonder if he is keeping Tommy in mind.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.