Author Topic: Jeff Green Appreciation Thread  (Read 5365 times)

Re: Jeff Green Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
The game against the Cavs shouldn't have gone down the wire.  It's not the win, it's how we win.  I'll still take it, but just saying that nothing has changed.

Good job Jeff.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
The game against the Cavs shouldn't have gone down the wire.  It's not the win, it's how we win.  I'll still take it, but just saying that nothing has changed.

Good job Jeff.

Wait...don't people usually say the exact opposite?

No such thing as a moral victory or a loss is a loss or a win is a win is a win?

Not that I disagree because that game was hard to watch for most of the two middle quarters.

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 10:41:11 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Good job Jeff.

No such thing as a moral victory or a loss is a loss or a win is a win is a win?

Not that I disagree because that game was hard to watch for most of the two middle quarters.
This win was important mostly because our team was overdue to show some guts and character. That's not a "moral victory" -- a moral victory would have been if we folded after that one bad call that gave the Cavs a 4 point swing.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 11:26:06 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Good job Jeff.

This win was important mostly because our team was overdue to show some guts and character. That's not a "moral victory" -- a moral victory would have been if we folded after that one bad call that gave the Cavs a 4 point swing.

Or when they got hot from three as well (partially our defenses fault).

Credit also goes to Jordan Crawford, call him the comeback kid.  His confidence has shot us back into a few games now.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 12:18:38 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Anyone know how I can hear Grande's call on the Jeff Green winner?

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 09:40:41 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Good job Jeff.

That was a moral victory. At the end of the day, a win vs. Cavs doesn't mean much for anything, but ending a five-game losing streak is big. On a buzzer beater, is even bigger. That it was Green, makes it huge.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Good job Jeff.

That was a moral victory. At the end of the day, a win vs. Cavs doesn't mean much for anything, but ending a five-game losing streak is big. On a buzzer beater, is even bigger. That it was Green, makes it huge.

Every game counts. A win against the Heat or the thunder counts as much as a win over the cavs or the bobcats in the standings. It's not a moral victory, it's a victory.

Sure, we didn't win banner 18 last night or even gain a spot in the standings, but that doesn't matter, a win is a win is a win, and losing sucks. Losing to bad teams sucks even more.

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Good job Jeff.

I always thought that the accepted definition of a "moral victory" was a game in which you lost, but in some capacity played with heart and/or gave a team you had no business running with a run for their money.

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 10:13:46 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Good job Jeff.

I always thought that the accepted definition of a "moral victory" was a game in which you lost, but in some capacity played with heart and/or gave a team you had no business running with a run for their money.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moral%20victory

Definition of MORAL VICTORY:

an actual defeat regarded as a virtual victory because of the narrowness of the margin or because of some circumstance that gives satisfaction or hope

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
What's crazy about this thread is that earlier in tha season in one of Jeff's post-game articles, I called it that we would later see appreciation threads. Jeff Green specifically. Everyone was really down on this team, tha infamous "Blow It Up" campaign rose again, Pierce, Rondo, and Green trade threads were left and right, fans were calling for Doc's job, tha whole nine.

I don't remember exactly what game or when it was but I remember saying how there were some fair-weather fans here. They bail on tha team and create bash/trade threads when tha team or certain players don't play well, then turn back around, wanting to celebrate and create appreciation threads when they do. That was when I made my "Loyalty Is Royalty" signature.

But to wrap this up, i'm glad there's a Jeff Green Appreciation Thread. He deserves it. He's played well and I hope it continues. I was upset about tha Perkins trade, but I'm glad to have Jeff Green on this team. He's a tough brotha and his comeback has been great to see. Go Celtics.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
What's crazy about this thread is that earlier in tha season in one of Jeff's post-game articles, I called it that we would later see appreciation threads. Jeff Green specifically. Everyone was really down on this team, tha infamous "Blow It Up" campaign rose again, Pierce, Rondo, and Green trade threads were left and right, fans were calling for Doc's job, tha whole nine.

I don't remember exactly what game or when it was but I remember saying how there were some fair-weather fans here. They bail on tha team and create bash/trade threads when tha team or certain players don't play well, then turn back around, wanting to celebrate and create appreciation threads when they do. That was when I made my "Loyalty Is Royalty" signature.

But to wrap this up, i'm glad there's a Jeff Green Appreciation Thread. He deserves it. He's played well and I hope it continues. I was upset about tha Perkins trade, but I'm glad to have Jeff Green on this team. He's a tough brotha and his comeback has been great to see. Go Celtics.

Yeah, TP. Jeff Green stuck with us and the team even though he wasn't playing for a full season. When you have loyalty in a franchise, you can achieve ubuntu. When you have ubuntu, you can win championships.

(Doc Rivers was loyal to the Celtics too, btw)
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Good job Jeff.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moral%20victory

Definition of MORAL VICTORY:

an actual defeat regarded as a virtual victory because of the narrowness of the margin or because of some circumstance that gives satisfaction or hope

I love it so much when Celtics fans are arguing about what kinds of victories we had rather than what kinds of losses we had.
I like Marcus Smart