Author Topic: Stevens succeeds with young players. Do you expect a comeback year in reg season  (Read 3230 times)

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If we sign a decent PG to replace Kyrie I can see us finishing top 3 in the East next season.

who is that decent PG? A lot of where Cs will be next year rides on Gordon Hayward. Dude needs to hit the gym and consult a sports psychologist. If that guy gets back to 90% of what he was in Utah the Celtics will not lose a beat I tell you.
'
My ideal signing would be Darren Collison. Elite shooter, good passer and can defend. Roles well both on-ball and off-ball
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
If we sign a decent PG to replace Kyrie I can see us finishing top 3 in the East next season.

who is that decent PG? A lot of where Cs will be next year rides on Gordon Hayward. Dude needs to hit the gym and consult a sports psychologist. If that guy gets back to 90% of what he was in Utah the Celtics will not lose a beat I tell you.
'
My ideal signing would be Darren Collison. Elite shooter, good passer and can defend. Roles well both on-ball and off-ball
Agreed.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
No, we have no business competing with Bucks or Rators, 2nd round exit is the best result

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Just reminding everyone that both Al and Gordon are more than capable of scoring 20+ pts a night... if we get a pass-first PG this offense could hum beyond belief

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

'

Rubio has been reported to have interest. He'd be good. Teague I think will be opting out, he may want to try for a ring, we could be on that short list, really good defender, passes well, can score, played with Horford.

Muiday, could be a low risk high reward if he comes on the cheap. He's been getting better, problem is he was playing for NY and no one was playing well.

Payton could be the same a Muiday, not a great scorer, but can dish and he got a hair cut this season.

If Derrick Rose wasn't riddled with injuries, I go with him, still put up really good numbers. Wouldn't mind him comming off the bench if we can S&T Rozier.

Just a couple guys who may be able to get on the cheap if DA can get Horford to take less money opening up some cap. 

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

'

Rubio has been reported to have interest. He'd be good. Teague I think will be opting out, he may want to try for a ring, we could be on that short list, really good defender, passes well, can score, played with Horford.

Muiday, could be a low risk high reward if he comes on the cheap. He's been getting better, problem is he was playing for NY and no one was playing well.

Payton could be the same a Muiday, not a great scorer, but can dish and he got a hair cut this season.

If Derrick Rose wasn't riddled with injuries, I go with him, still put up really good numbers. Wouldn't mind him comming off the bench if we can S&T Rozier.

Just a couple guys who may be able to get on the cheap if DA can get Horford to take less money opening up some cap.
I'm pretty sure that Teague has already opted in - would be happy with taking a flyer on Mudiay. He was quite a good scorer per-minute in NYK, but he's a bit injury-prone.

If Payton was available for cheap I'd like him. Triple-double machine, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

'

Mudiay wouldn't be a bad option. Might be cheaper than Rozier. I think New Orleans will hold on to Payton and trade Ball.

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

'

Mudiay wouldn't be a bad option. Might be cheaper than Rozier. I think New Orleans will hold on to Payton and trade Ball.

I like Collison, but he and Beverly are on the wrong side of 30. Would need to see the kind of deal we’d offer.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
They need another vet...most likely at PG (with or without Rozier)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
i expect him to quit and go coach Duke , UNC or Indiana for 35 years .

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Would be nice if he actually plays Williams and the young guys he picks. Sure hope they aren't passed over for Semi and Yabu...2 guys that add zero.

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
Would be nice if he actually plays Williams and the young guys he picks. Sure hope they aren't passed over for Semi and Yabu...2 guys that add zero.

Yabu not so much, but Semi's something special. I hope he gets a decent run next season

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Yabu not so much, but Semi's something special. I hope he gets a decent run next season

I appreciate your optimism but Semi has shown me zero in 2 years in the NBA. Guy still cannot make a 3, he adds nothing on offense and I do not consider him a serious rotation player in the NBA.

If he gets big minutes now, this season is truly a waste.

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown

I appreciate your optimism but Semi has shown me zero in 2 years in the NBA. Guy still cannot make a 3, he adds nothing on offense and I do not consider him a serious rotation player in the NBA.

If he gets big minutes now, this season is truly a waste.

A team isn't built by only adding scorers, so judging him solely on that is ignoring who will be placed around him. We need players like Semi on our second unit as glue players. I think this circumstance is perfect for a few reclamation projects to be taken...

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Assuming Irving, Morris, and Rozier are gone and replaced by draft picks we still have a starting lineup of Smart, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Horford.
Add a few FA’s to fill out the rotation and it is still a 50 + win team.