Author Topic: Trade with Miami Heat  (Read 7719 times)

Re: Trade with Miami Heat
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 09:32:01 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Difference is Powe was a rookie playing behind Jefferson, Gomes, and Perkins.

And he did get a run. 

By his second year, he was a contributor.  Wright is going into his 4th year?

Wright has been a contributor the last two years and statistically superior to Powe in one of them.

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 10:17:19 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Could we please try to discuss trades that at the very least brings in a proven vet with some sort of proven skill.

Does this team really need a young, still has something to prove type of player when they already have about 5 of those type of guys on the roster already taking up one third of the available roster spots. (BBD, Walker, Giddens, Pruitt, O'Bryant)

The Josh Smith trade in the other thread was a bit out there but at least it was talking about a player with a proven NBA game. Dorell Wright had trouble getting PT on a team that won 15 games last yer.

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »

Offline GaBerkowitz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
unless Powe is traded for a legitimate fringe all-star I am really not a big fan.  Finding real low post scorers is not an easy task.  One thing I admired so greatly about Powe is his understanding of his strengths and sticking to them.  The guy can score around the basket, and though he may be shorter than other 4's in the league he plays real big.  I don't want to trade him for some project like Dorrell Wright.

I want the Celts to take a page out of the Billy Bean moneyball approach.  Go into the season and find out what you have.  Figure out if (Pruitt, Walker, T. Allen, Big Baby, O'Bryant, Giddens) can become legit bench players/rotation guys (I'm assuming Powe and House are pretty well set in their rolls) If the young guys can hack it...great.  If not I have faith in Danny's ability to pick up a veteran they can plug in.

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 10:52:54 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I don't get the part about Chris Quinn for Gabe Pruitt swap...Quinn is a younger Eddie House(less effective) while Pruitt is more of a prospect of a true PG. Take those 2 out of the picture and I see it making sense. Dorell Wright for Scal and BBD or Powe(hopefully BBD) I still don't see DWright as our offense off the bench, but he could consume some of the backup SF mins and SG behind House/Tony. Plus he might improve his shaky jumper with Ray and Pierce's help
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 11:26:50 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i like the current trade before this trade. its a no go for me.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
unless Powe is traded for a legitimate fringe all-star I am really not a big fan.  Finding real low post scorers is not an easy task.  One thing I admired so greatly about Powe is his understanding of his strengths and sticking to them.  The guy can score around the basket, and though he may be shorter than other 4's in the league he plays real big.  I don't want to trade him for some project like Dorrell Wright.

I want the Celts to take a page out of the Billy Bean moneyball approach.  Go into the season and find out what you have.  Figure out if (Pruitt, Walker, T. Allen, Big Baby, O'Bryant, Giddens) can become legit bench players/rotation guys (I'm assuming Powe and House are pretty well set in their rolls) If the young guys can hack it...great.  If not I have faith in Danny's ability to pick up a veteran they can plug in.

I hear ya on this one. Powe may not be the best finisher around the hoop, due to he height but he's always drawing contact which gets him to the line. Powe is the perfect garbage man. Doesn't need the ball to score. Gets his points from hustling and out rebounding the other team. Celts are NBA champs bringing back pretty much the same team. Anyone we bring in has to be a proven player in this league. Our window is now.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 01:07:40 PM »

Offline bring BIG AL back

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
In a perfect world, if Danny could convince Pat Riley to take Scalabrine and his extra year @ $3,000,000 per ... the sweet trade would actually be:

Scalabrine & BBD for Dorell Wright

This would address our back up wing and also give us another roster spot available to get a PJ Brown/Cassel type signing later in the year.