Author Topic: Random Knicks Trade Idea Featuring DARKO!!!  (Read 4807 times)

Random Knicks Trade Idea Featuring DARKO!!!
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:28:53 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Darko Milcic and Kyle Lowry for Eddy Curry.

It gives Memphis someone to pass the ball to when Warrick, Gay and Mayo need to catch their breath.

The Knicks get their back-up PG and a Center who plays defense (if not that well).

Click HERE

It's a long summer.

Re: Random Knicks Trade Idea Featuring DARKO!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:16:04 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
One day...or year...like after Darko has been in the league for 12 years, he'll finally prove himself on a decent team with alot of minutes. Until then, he'll always be that wasted draft pick that prevented Detroit from getting Melo.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 06:34:30 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Darko for Curry.
Must be a million hilarious analogies for that one. But it's just too easy.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 07:34:50 AM »

Offline Max Power

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Grizzlies don't need Curry, Marc Gasol is interior presence they're looking for. Better in the defence  than Curry and better than Milicic in both sides of the court.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:08:05 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Grizzlies don't need Curry, Marc Gasol is interior presence they're looking for. Better in the defence  than Curry and better than Milicic in both sides of the court.

How good is Marc Gasol? We assume the Lakers weren't too high on him because everything else they gave the Griz was garbage, but they must have told "C-Wally" that he and Crittenden were the real deal. David Thrope, genius that he is, also says that Marc Gasol, while not the offensive presence that his brother is, is a real legit center in this league with a decidedly "tough" edge to him.

I wonder how much we're hearing is smoke planted by lakers scouting talent and how much is based on legit observeation. Before last years draft Gasol was a stiff that had a ceiling as a backup in this league.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
bad trade for memphis. eddie curry really ain't worth edit: no masked profanity
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:48:29 PM by Chris »

Become Legendary.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 05:24:03 PM »

Offline Nasty Nas

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
is the commissioner allowed to veto trades for being too irrelevant?

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »

Offline Soy Reek

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Darko for Curry is like trading trash for garbage...two 7 footers who barely rebound.  Rondo's a better rebounder and he's 6'1

Career rebounding stats
Curry   4.7
Darko   6.1
Rondo   4.2

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Darko for Curry is like trading trash for garbage...two 7 footers who barely rebound.  Rondo's a better rebounder and he's 6'1

Career rebounding stats
Curry   4.7
Darko   6.1
Rondo   4.2

MIlicic's rebounding rate is 10.2....Curry's is 7.2...Darko's career per game rate is a product of minutes, Curry's is a product of cheeseburgers

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:54 PM »

Offline Soy Reek

• Xavier Tillman
Are those their per 48 min rebounding rates?  Per 48 min stats are not viable, because they don't acount for fatigue.  A player's stats are what they are...it's not like they're going to rebound at the same rate when they're fresh vs. when they're tired. Curry does look like he likes cheeseburgers though.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 09:17:04 PM »

Offline Nasty Nas

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
no, per 48 minute stats are viable. they're obviously not going to actually sustain the rate for 48 minutes, but it's a telling stat for what the player brings to the table. a player who gets 5 rebounds in 10 minutes per game should be considered a more valuable a rebounder than one that gets 5 rebounds in 20 mpg, and per 48 stats convey that.

darko is a functional rebounder and an alright shot blocker, but he's dreadful at everything else. and curry is fat.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 10:03:11 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Can we include Marko Jaric and Jared Jeffries so more bad contracts with the same length can be involved ;)

How about replace Javaris Crittenton for Kyle Lowry, so he can be on his third team before his 21st birthday.   

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 10:55:56 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I did it for the Lulz!

Ha ha ha

TPs all around.

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

How good is Marc Gasol? We assume the Lakers weren't too high on him because everything else they gave the Griz was garbage, but they must have told "C-Wally" that he and Crittenden were the real deal. David Thrope, genius that he is, also says that Marc Gasol, while not the offensive presence that his brother is, is a real legit center in this league with a decidedly "tough" edge to him.

I wonder how much we're hearing is smoke planted by lakers scouting talent and how much is based on legit observeation. Before last years draft Gasol was a stiff that had a ceiling as a backup in this league.

Count me as very curious about how good Marc will be. Last off-season, I was in the "stiff with a backup ceiling and a good chance of never making the league" camp. I guess I failed miserably. His improvement last season was impressive, truly remarkable. I'm now evaluating him as a "very decent backup/slightly bellow average defensive-minded starter" type but I feel I'm underrating him. Not close to Pau though, especially on offence.

I read the OP the 1st time like this: "It gives Memphis someone to pass the ball to Warrick, Gay and Mayo...". 

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 12:30:02 AM »

Offline Soy Reek

• Xavier Tillman
If the players' rebound or 48 per min. rates are so good, why don't they play more?  Because anyone can have a good 5-10 mion in a game.  REAL players that are actually good, actually play more minutes becuase they're not aflash in the pan.  Are you Serbian?